FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Rum Tasting @ Tiki Oasis in the NorCal Suite (BYOR)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Rum Tasting @ Tiki Oasis in the NorCal Suite (BYOR)
Dr. Von Zombie
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-12 4:45 pm   Permalink

I think I will bring a yummy bottle of Bacardi Peach!!

View Profile of Dr. Von Zombie Send a personal message to Dr. Von Zombie  Email Dr. Von Zombie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-12 6:29 pm   Permalink

We recently read an article on Clement Rhum, and see that Rum Runner will be bringing the Creole Scrubb, so we will bring a bottle of the Clement Rhum Vieux Agricole - VSOP. Our local liquor is stocking great new things that BevMo just won't touch.

See you all there!
Aloha,
Myke & Jay

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2008-08-12 6:37 pm   Permalink

Looks like I will be bringing Ron Pampero Anniversario. See ya there!

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
NOTCH
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-12 8:46 pm   Permalink

Ahaaaah!! I will be bringing Boca Chica!!! Jus kiddin
I got somtin more special but your gonna have to see for yourself!!

View Profile of NOTCH Send a personal message to NOTCH  Email NOTCH     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-12 11:34 pm   Permalink

Okay, so I'm not bringing the Domaine de Canton as previously stated. However, I am bringing something that should prove to be more interesting. I haven't tried it yet, and the bottle is now in the hands of Otto, who will be driving it to LA. When I asked for "something interesting and sippable" the guy at Ledger's suggested it, so we'll see how it goes.

See you all in a couple days!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-13 12:24 am   Permalink

I also have some open bottles that I may bring along.
Agnostura 12 year aged.
and/
a St.James, Martinique rum, not sure which one of the 3 it is, but its good.

I was able to get the 20 year Macombo but its gone from 10 buck s to 40 bucks a bottle sheeesh.

and I found a 15 year bottle, that I have never seen before.

can you say "you big rummy"?

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-13 09:48 am   Permalink

Is Agnostura the rum for all the Agnostics in Tikidom?

THIS tantalizing news should send them running to your little island of rum revelry:

"The Islands is pleased to announce that their bars will be serving Voodoo Rum drinks as specials all weekend
These include:

VooDoo Juice
Red Rum Punch
Red Rum Tsunami
as well as Voodoo/Redrum & Coke, and Voodoo Mojito"

...and:

"Thursday night at Bali Hai is sponsored by Tommy Bahama Rum
This means drink specials for you and a cool ice sculpture and TB babes passing out swag.."

Oh boy!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-13 1:37 pm   Permalink

I'm bringing a bottle of Santa Teresa 1796 Ron Antiguo de Solera from Venezuela. I haven't tried it before, so it'll be fun for me to taste, too. Not that it's not fun to re-taste rum. Mmmmm.... rum.

Tikiwinebear, if the Rhum Clement you're bringing is the same one I tried in Portland, it's fantastic! Almost grassy, crisp -- very unusual and tasty.

See you there!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-13 1:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-13 13:37, Humuhumu wrote:

Tikiwinebear, if the Rhum Clement you're bringing is the same one I tried in Portland, it's fantastic! Almost grassy, crisp -- very unusual and tasty.

See you there!

Half the fun at taste testing events is trying out something you haven't had before. That goes with the Rhum Clement we are bringing. I sure hope it's the same one, Humuhumu! It does sound interesting! And the bottle is pretty cool too!

Boarding our plane tomorrow morning at 6am! Tiki Oasis bound!

Aloha.....

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation