FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events NETT II Room crawl... We're on too!... UPDATED List Pg. 1 & 3
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
NETT II Room crawl... We're on too!... UPDATED List Pg. 1 & 3
Primo Kimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-02 1:10 pm   Permalink

Alooohaaa!

Here is the completed list for the crawl.
If anyone is specifically interested in Friday (after the bands) or Saturday (after the tour) please let me know.

Thank you all for responding. With 20 days to go we have a very robust list of room hosts for the Second Annual NETT Room Crawl...

4:00 - 6:00. Primo Kimo = Coco Palm-egranate and Moon Shot Punch or Guava Fruit Cup
7:00 - 9:00. Martiki-Bird/Tabuzak/Suzanne/Sneakyjack/Paranoid123 = Rum Tropical/Initiate's Offering/The Coda
7:00 - 9:00. Velveteen Lounge = Spice Islands
7:00 - 9:00. Leisure Master/Bird Girl/the Urban Tikis = Rum Barrel & Mai Tai (back-up or by request)
6:00 - 8:00. JPMartdog = Kelbo's Scorpion
8:00 - 10:00 Professor Pineapple = Aloha Room (water, advil, cupcakes)
6:00 - 8:00. Scottes = a lotta Rum ...a whole lotta Rum.
8:00 - 10:00. Caber-net = Tiki Torch
8:00 - 10:00. (tiki)Mark = Zombie
8:00 - 10:00. (tiki)Amy & (tiki)Jill = Dark and Stormy
8:00 - 10:00. Rapscallion & Lilikoi = Blue Hawaiian Moonlight
6:00 - 8:00. Hep, Gig & Tudzie = Barbancourt Rum Cups
8:00 - 10:00. The Granite Tiki = Shasta Tiki Rum Punch
7:00 - 9:00. Tiki Mortis = C) a super secret drinky thing that is yet to be named or E) all the above
7:00 - 9:00. JohnMan & Miss = Miehanas
6:00 - 8:00. professahhummingflowah = some sort of fruity butter thing

If you haven't let me know what drink(s) you are making please still do so. I will be making some hand out with host, cocktails and room number (when possible).

[ This Message was edited by: Primo Kimo 2008-09-10 09:31 ]

View Profile of Primo Kimo Send a personal message to Primo Kimo  Email Primo Kimo Goto the website of Primo Kimo ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scottes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-02 5:47 pm   Permalink

For me, rum. Lots of rum.

What else?

View Profile of Scottes Send a personal message to Scottes  Goto the website of Scottes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-03 2:58 pm   Permalink

Velveteen Lounge and Company will be making Spice Islands, an original Captain Quad creation.

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Primo Kimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-06 12:30 pm   Permalink

If you signed up for the NETT II tour and checked YES for hosting a room during the room crawl please check your email and get back to me as soon as possible with your current interest.

View Profile of Primo Kimo Send a personal message to Primo Kimo  Email Primo Kimo Goto the website of Primo Kimo ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-06 4:21 pm   Permalink

An adventure on Exotic Island offering Kelbo's Scorpion

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-06 8:38 pm   Permalink

id be into a room if needed - or if someone needed help mixing and pouring I can assist in a room.
let me know.
and yes it appears I am in for the tour this go around!

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Martiki-bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-07 07:43 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-06 20:38, sneakyjack wrote:
id be into a room if needed - or if someone needed help mixing and pouring I can assist in a room.
let me know.
and yes it appears I am in for the tour this go around!

Great to have you on the tour, Jack! I'm sure that we of the Blue Lory could use a hand, so I'd love it if you joined me, D and Kev in our room hosting efforts. Not sure what we're mixing , but we'll definitely have Rum Tropical on hand.

Gina

View Profile of Martiki-bird Send a personal message to Martiki-bird  Email Martiki-bird Goto the website of Martiki-bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-08 10:24 pm   Permalink

done - tell me what I need to bring we'll talk I'm sure!

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rev_thumper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-11 6:15 pm   Permalink

Wow... lots of rooms, are they all going to be open at once or in shifts?

-Rev

View Profile of rev_thumper Send a personal message to rev_thumper      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-12 05:04 am   Permalink

'just not all in a row'

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leisure master
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-12 06:31 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-11 18:15, rev_thumper wrote:
Wow... lots of rooms, are they all going to be open at once or in shifts?

-Rev

Yeah, maybe not a bad idea to break it up a little bit.

Maybe starting at like 7pm or whatever, open 2 rooms every half hour to be open for an hour to stagger (pun intended) the rooms and allow everyone time to see everything - and then we can crumble into total chaos after that?

Too much organization and coordination?

View Profile of leisure master Send a personal message to leisure master  Email leisure master     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Primo Kimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-12 07:22 am   Permalink

I am still waiting a few more days to hear from everyone then I will discuss the options with Bargoyle and see if we will/can organize a group this size. Consider that (probably) no one room wants to make drinks for 75+ people; splitting up is probably good but then the groups are limited to the rooms that are open at that time. Plus there are bands playing the whole time. There are a few more considerations as well. I am begining to think that hosts should make a limited amount and make it a bit of a free for all. Otherwise, there will be 100's of drinks for 10's of people. But stay tuned...

Anyone else want to host? Please PM me or respond to this post. Also, please post your drink selections if you have not already done so so we avoid duplications.

[ This Message was edited by: primo kimo 2008-08-12 08:01 ]

jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-12 07:46 am   Permalink

I think the sensibility and common sense of the attendees should be left to monitor the 'room crawl'. Maybe I am being a bit optimistic, but I dont think so. In reality, only the true professional could drink from each room. With so many rooms offering tantalizing delights, the 'room crawl' should be more of a cocktail party than an actual progressive party. Attendees should be able to pop into a room and partake... or just visit. If, as a host, you want to go to another room - just lock your door and go! As an attendee, If you find a delicious cocktail that suits you best then guests should feel free to wander from room to room with that delicious libation. The rooms are small and can only accomodate a limited number at one time. Attendees should have the 'sense' to meander from room to room and visit friends and experience each hosts creation. If a room is jammed and 'popular' then try the next. Time tables, and schedules just don't fit into my lifestyle. The Exotic Island port is an open harbor and welcomes all travelers. Some will just visit, others will find harmony. If I can make you a drink, I will... no matter what time it is.

Primo Kimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-12 08:02 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-12 07:46, jpmartdog wrote:
I think the sensibility and common sense of the attendees should be left to monitor the 'room crawl'. Maybe I am being a bit optimistic, but I dont think so. In reality, only the true professional could drink from each room. With so many rooms offering tantalizing delights, the 'room crawl' should be more of a cocktail party than an actual progressive party. Attendees should be able to pop into a room and partake... or just visit. If, as a host, you want to go to another room - just lock your door and go! As an attendee, If you find a delicious cocktail that suits you best then guests should feel free to wander from room to room with that delicious libation. The rooms are small and can only accomodate a limited number at one time. Attendees should have the 'sense' to meander from room to room and visit friends and experience each hosts creation. If a room is jammed and 'popular' then try the next. Time tables, and schedules just don't fit into my lifestyle. The Exotic Island port is an open harbor and welcomes all travelers. Some will just visit, others will find harmony. If I can make you a drink, I will... no matter what time it is.

I tend to agree with you. Since we will most likely not have many crashers (unlike Tiki Oasis) it would be nice to have the freedom to mill at will. I do think it would be nice to post the times you would like to have your room open as a general guide in case there is a particular cocktail an attendee would like to try. Maybe the drink type and (general) open hours of your room would be enough guidance. ....thirsty

[ This Message was edited by: Primo Kimo 2008-08-12 08:16 ]

sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-12 08:53 am   Permalink

First off thanks to all for making the event and room crawl happen! I'm excited to say the least.

If bands are playing and such a "crawl" is gonna be tough and take a bunch of time. Plus what I have leaned from hosting these alone is you kinda get stuck in your own room and don't get sample too much or check out the band(s)(Thats why I offered to help instead of host!)So that said promity of the rooms (on the crawl) to each other is somewhat key. And then proximity to where the band plays and the rooms host is a factor. Might make sense to pick a time frame up to and a little into when bands start and then let people close doors (if they like) to check out tunes. Maybe certain rooms can make up pitchers of drinks to share and bring to performance. After band(s) play those who want to keep going pick a room or 2 or 3 and roll from there.

Just a thought, I certainly have not been to this event and do not know the layout etc.

Mahaloz

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation