FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events NETT II Room crawl... We're on too!... UPDATED List Pg. 1 & 3
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
NETT II Room crawl... We're on too!... UPDATED List Pg. 1 & 3
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-12 09:07 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-12 05:04, jpmartdog wrote:

'just not all in a row'

Oooo, the Monte Vista never looked so tropical!

Can't wait for the NETT

Suzanne

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leisure master
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-12 09:16 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-12 08:53, sneakyjack wrote:I certainly have not been to this event and do not know the layout etc.

Jack - you are not alone there.

Even those of us that have "been there" have not been there.

This is a new hotel, bigger group, bands playing, etc., which is quite different than the 20 or so people last year that just got off a long bus ride to dinner and scrambled to have a late night crawl where everybody went from room to room together.

With this many rooms, no one should feel any obligation to make a shitload of drinks. Bring what you want, make what you can and when you're done, you're done. There will be plenty to go around.

View Profile of leisure master Send a personal message to leisure master  Email leisure master     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-12 10:06 am   Permalink

The Granite Tiki Room intends to take part.

I'll be playing music and providing the PA system, so my wife Kate will be in charge of our room, which will be "Tiki-On-A-Budget" themed. Using elements from the often controversial, often derided, but always provocative Dollar Tree Store.

Our drink will be "Shasta Tiki Rum Punch" and will set out to prove that the cheapest, possibly yuckiest rums in the world can be made into a glorious Polynesian delicacy when mixed properly with something fruity and sugary and served with the necessary pageantry.

I can't wait for this!!!!

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-12 12:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-12 08:02, Primo Kimo wrote:

I tend to agree with you. Since we will most likely not have many crashers (unlike Tiki Oasis) it would be nice to have the freedom to mill at will. I do think it would be nice to post the times you would like to have your room open as a general guide in case there is a particular cocktail an attendee would like to try. Maybe the drink type and (general) open hours of your room would be enough guidance. ....thirsty

[ This Message was edited by: Primo Kimo 2008-08-12 08:16 ]

This is pretty much the way it worked last weekend at Hot Rod Hula Hop and I thought it worked really well. We took turns hosting in the New York room and, when we ran out of drinks, we just locked up and went to other rooms. Also, there were cards with each host's name, where their room number could be filled in and given to crawlers (I'm told they do this at Oasis). I could certainly help with printing out and filling in such cards, if you'd like.

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-12 3:06 pm   Permalink

My thought was much like went on at the Hop, only on a much grander scale(scary, I know)

4 or 5 rooms at a time, open for 30 to 60 minutes, then another 4 or 5 pop open, etc etc.

this way, no one is stuck all night, everyone gets to see the bands, and no room should be overwhelmed.

Rooms are close to one another, and the bands are right out front...you should be able to see them from just about every room. So, if you're dancing to some music & get thirsty, go hit a room, and then go back to the show!!!

Primo & I will work out the details as we get a final count of hosts (Well, mostly Primo will work out the details). Mucho mahalos to Primo for taking on the logistics, and of course, big mahalos to all who are hosting rooms!!

As always, we'll see you on the bus!

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Primo Kimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-12 7:27 pm   Permalink

Wow! Two more hosts and we will have as many as Tiki Oasis. Not sure if that's good or not but I am not sure how it can be bad!!! Maybe the police will know.

View Profile of Primo Kimo Send a personal message to Primo Kimo  Email Primo Kimo Goto the website of Primo Kimo ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leisure master
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-13 08:29 am   Permalink

Do we have the whole hotel to ourselves?

...he asked tentatively

View Profile of leisure master Send a personal message to leisure master  Email leisure master     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-13 09:29 am   Permalink

If we don't, the other guests will :

A) Wish we did, that they could sleep, instead of fending off nightmares of aloha-shirt clad demons with mugs with large teeth;

or

B) Be really damn excited about crashing some of the swankiest room parties ever to hit New England.

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-13 11:49 am   Permalink

We've got about 75% of the hotel. maybe more.

We should all be pretty bunched together, although a few rooms are set apart (the smoking rooms).

I do feel bad for any of those who are staying there and NOT part of the Tour, but if anyone complains, offer them a cocktail!!

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bogielocks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-14 09:37 am   Permalink

Got an idea...

Let's get our picture in the Tiki Magazine section "Where's your Tiki Magazine" You know the spot..
If everyone brings a copy of the magazine, and we take a "HUGE" group shot with everyone ready an issue, we're bound to get in...

So whatcha think?

View Profile of Bogielocks Send a personal message to Bogielocks      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
paranoid123
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-14 12:19 pm   Permalink

That's a good idea! We managed to do that when I went to the Hoopty Lau in California.

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=20742&forum=17&start=0&hilite=hoopty

View Profile of paranoid123 Send a personal message to paranoid123      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scottes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-14 5:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:

We should all be pretty bunched together, although a few rooms are set apart (the smoking rooms).

Oh, oh. I'm in a smoking room.

Maybe I'll just wheel around a cart full of rums and pass out samples...? Singing "Candy Man" at the top of my lungs, of course.

View Profile of Scottes Send a personal message to Scottes  Goto the website of Scottes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-14 8:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-14 17:00, Scottes wrote:
Quote:

Oh, oh. I'm in a smoking room.

Maybe I'll just wheel around a cart full of rums and pass out samples...? Singing "Candy Man" at the top of my lungs, of course.

Shenanigans like that are what legends are made of!

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-15 09:35 am   Permalink

skip the candy man jingle for RUM
How about the "Yum Yum man!"

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Caber-Net
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-15 8:18 pm   Permalink

Dang! just found this! Bambooboo and I will prob do the Tiki Torch in the drink bong. Im feeling the hangover already...

View Profile of Caber-Net Send a personal message to Caber-Net  Email Caber-Net     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation