FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki I think this was a deal...do you all?
I think this was a deal...do you all?
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-10 11:03 am   Permalink

I bought these on e-bay today "Buy It Now" for 50.00 because I am noticeably lacking menus in my collection. I am by far no authority on tiki collectibles (I know what I like) but they all seem clean and 1960's. Good deal? Okay deal? Absolute rip-off? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1437&item=2164258224&rd=1

[ This Message was edited by: Basement Kahuna on 2003-03-10 11:03 ]

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-10 11:52 am   Permalink

Only $6.25 each before shipping. Pretty good for the lot. The question should be BK, are you happy with the purchase? Remember, YOU are the one that will own them. Even if you paid $200 for them, as long as you feel you paid what you felt comfortable with, then that's all that matters.

Very cool menus either way. It should be fun comparing prices for similar offered items between each of the restaurants.

I'll have the Mahi-Mahi.

HungryCaddyDaddy

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kentiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-03-10 12:04 pm   Permalink

I saw that lot on Ebay last night. It's a GREAT deal. But what do I know!?

Kentiki

View Profile of Kentiki Send a personal message to Kentiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twowheelin'tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-10 10:51 pm   Permalink

you kicked ass and took names!, good job.(wish i had seen 'em)

View Profile of twowheelin'tiki Send a personal message to twowheelin'tiki  Email twowheelin'tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luki
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2003-03-10 11:14 pm   Permalink

(don't come across as jealous...try to control yourself)

Wow...heh heh...yeah, um, I guess that's an ok deal...ahem...um, yeah, eBay...hah...neat stuff. Heh heh.

Seriously...those look really nice. As was said, it's all about whether or not you feel like you got a good deal...it seems good to me considering they look like they're in good condition and that SOME menus (which shall remain nameless right now) just went for over $160 on that thar eBay a few days ago.

Nice score!!

A6

View Profile of Luki Send a personal message to Luki  Goto the website of Luki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-12 07:08 am   Permalink

A Centralite using a coy "Was this a good deal?" approach to his bragging instead of the standard "HA HA SUCKUHS-! Look what I got!"? Very subtle. This was a good score, an instant Tiki menu collection in one buy. By getting them all at once you probably spared yourself many butt numbing eBay hunting hours, and that alone has to be worth something.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-12 12:05 pm   Permalink

No, really Woof...I (in actual reality) know very little about menus. I get a fair amount of mugs, matchbooks, swizzles, doo-dads, etc. but menus seem much harder to come by in general. I do like to play show and tell but I sometimes just fish for approval from anyone who knows more than me (which is not a hard calling )

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation