FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Coco Palms Resort Hotel, Kauai, HI (Hotel)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 )
Coco Palms Resort Hotel, Kauai, HI (Hotel)
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-03-07 5:51 pm   Permalink

Everything I've heard locally has room prices right in line with the other hotels here. Which means I won't be able to afford to stay there either!

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 3 days ago; 5:08 pm   Permalink

Breaking news!! Escrow has finally (today) closed! An extension on demo permits was granted last week to allow this, so, looks like things will finally start happening!

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2 days ago; 11:00 am   Permalink

Thanks for the update! I heard it here first.

View Profile of bamalamalu Send a personal message to bamalamalu  Email bamalamalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (5 years)  

Posted: 2 days ago; 11:57 am   Permalink

I'm looking forward to seeing what they do. With all the neglect, plus the storm and fire damage, a complete re-build allows modernization. And to make money, it will have to attract and hold a following. So I'm expecting some vintage stuff to remain, like maybe the Elvis bungalows. Definitely the beautiful landscaping and the canals. I do want to visit when it's completed, I'm sure it will be paradise.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2 days ago; 6:46 pm   Permalink

The plan is to rebuild it as it was. Everything wood will be torn down and rebuilt. So all bungalows will be completely rebuilt. The main three story hotel wings will be torn down to their steel and concrete core structures,, and redone.
The lagoon stays the same, the entire grounds layout stays the same, all buildings are to be rebuilt on their existing footprints.
I would imagine everything will have to be updated code-wise, and with newer type materials, but the intent is to have the place look the same.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2016 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation