FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Coco Palms Resort Hotel, Kauai, HI (Hotel)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 )
Coco Palms Resort Hotel, Kauai, HI (Hotel)
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-19 11:23 pm   Permalink

It's in the process of being rebuilt to the way it was when the hurricane hit in 92. The recent fire is a minor setback. Everything that burned was to be torn down and rebuilt. It's scheduled to reopen in early 2017.

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-08-20 06:19 am   Permalink

I have not been to the island of Kauai yet. I will endeavor to visit the Coco Palms soon after it opens. It would be fun to get a group of TC'ers together there and do a tiki and Elvis tour of the property, and to see the other things which the island offers.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mockingbird
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-08-21 07:48 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-08-19 23:23, 4WDtiki wrote:
It's in the process of being rebuilt to the way it was when the hurricane hit in 92. The recent fire is a minor setback. Everything that burned was to be torn down and rebuilt. It's scheduled to reopen in early 2017.

I am really surprised that they weren't going to try and save the lobby before the fire. When we visited that was probably one of the most stunning/iconic original parts of the resort. Do you know if they plan to rebuild it as it was? I also hope they were able to save some of the amazing fixtures from that room.

View Profile of Mockingbird Send a personal message to Mockingbird      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation