FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events MONDO VEGAS - TABOO COVE on Fri. April 18 *ROLL CALL*
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
MONDO VEGAS - TABOO COVE on Fri. April 18 *ROLL CALL*
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-04-12 1:35 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-04-11 23:44, Futura Girl wrote:
The Algiers and Atomic Liquor are both on our tour route and were still around as of last week
The Dispensary Lounge is actually on the route, too - thanks for the hot tip on that place.
We actually stop for drinks at the Peppermill halfway through the tour - so perhaps we will see you there?

I also heartily recommend the HorseAround Bar at Circus Circus!

I probably won't make it to any of the bars Friday until late at night because there are too many good bands playing that night I don't want to miss (which is why I'm not taking in the tour - I have seen most of the places you mentioned and it sounds fantastic!). I doubt any of us will be in any condition to drive at 3am though so we probably won't see you folks until Saturday at Mondo Tiki.

Wasn't the horse around bar in the movie "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"?

Re: the bars you mentioned in previous post - I don't know anything about them. I'll print out the addresses and try to check 'em out if I can Thursday night or perhaps in the daytime.

I read that they recently put several restored old neon signs (some are animated) inside an entertainment complex downtown next to the neon displays along Fremont Street. We are going to check it out on Thursday night after our steak dinner at the Golden Steer. I highly recommend the Golden Steer for old-style Las Vegas steakhouse dining with impeccable service. It's on Sahara just west of the strip.

Speaking of steaks, has anyone been to A.J.s in the Hard Rock? The decor looks great for a new joint from what I saw on the web site - sputnik lamps, etc. Another steakhouse I like is the Ranch Steakhouse at the top of Binion's Horseshoe hotel downtown. Great views and good service. The food's a bit better at the Golden Steer though.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-13 06:48 am   Permalink

Quote:
Wasn't the horse around bar in the movie "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"?

yup... and Hunter S. Thompson wrote about that place...
Quote:
I read that they recently put several restored old neon signs (some are animated) inside an entertainment complex downtown next to the neon displays along Fremont Street.

That would be the Neon Museum of Art and Neonopolis (again both on the tour)
Quote:
Speaking of steaks, has anyone been to A.J.s in the Hard Rock? The decor looks great for a new joint from what I saw on the web site - sputnik lamps, etc.

Haven't eaten there yet, but it is an amazing space - as good if not better than the photos on the web.

View Profile of Futura Girl Send a personal message to Futura Girl  Goto the website of Futura Girl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2003-04-14 8:39 pm   Permalink

Is it too late to sign up for the tour? Mr. and Mrs. Bongofury would love to join you!

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-14 9:43 pm   Permalink

!MONDO!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-15 02:26 am   Permalink

Mr and Mrs. Bongo Fury are on the bus!
Bus leaves the Hard Rock at 6PM!!!

EAT WELL FIRST or BRING FOOD AND DRINKS for the bus ride.

... Just a note... any last minute additions are totally welcome, but please make them firm confirmations, cause the bus is going on my credit card!

oh and.... !MONDO!

View Profile of Futura Girl Send a personal message to Futura Girl  Goto the website of Futura Girl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hula hula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-15 2:38 pm   Permalink

So whats the offical schedual for the bus route? Im not gonna make it but would love to meet up at the peppermill or whereevers. I belive it would be polypop, flotina and myself. And what time are you all hitting the cove?

View Profile of hula hula Send a personal message to hula hula  Email hula hula Goto the website of hula hula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-15 3:50 pm   Permalink

I am leaving by car from Chicago in about 5 minutes... three day road-trip with plenty of thriftin', road-side attractions, and sleepin' in the car awaits... and then I will see you all in Vegas, for the bus tour, on Friday!

Is it still a plan to hit Taboo Cove after the bus tour...?

James Teitelbaum
webmaster: Tiki Bar Review Pages (since 1994)
author: Tiki Road Trip (pre-order it now!)
creator: Left Orbit Temple (volume II coming soon)

[ This Message was edited by: tikibars on 2003-04-15 15:52 ]

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mattio
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-04-15 4:10 pm   Permalink

Friday Shag is going to be at the Gold Coast Signing Posters 7:30pm-10pm and a Aku Aku set is going to be raffled off!

View Profile of Mattio Send a personal message to Mattio  Goto the website of Mattio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-15 7:38 pm   Permalink

Peppermill is expecting us around 7:30
ETA for Taboo Cove 9:00-9:30

I am going to call and confirm their door policy tomorrow.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation