Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts New Skateboard graphics
New Skateboard graphics
AlienTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-05 1:41 pm   Permalink

Here's a sketch I did for a new project with a friends company.

I'm not happy with how the ink is turning out so I might try and ink with illustrator.

should have shirts and boards from this design soon.

Mahalos for looking.

View Profile of AlienTiki Send a personal message to AlienTiki  Goto the website of AlienTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seafoamer
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-05 10:04 pm   Permalink

that's pretty rad!

View Profile of seafoamer Send a personal message to seafoamer  Email seafoamer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kroozzn62
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-06 04:56 am   Permalink

cool dude

View Profile of kroozzn62 Send a personal message to kroozzn62      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlienTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-07 11:28 am   Permalink

Mahalos for the kind words Seafoamer and kroozzn62. I appreciate the comments.

View Profile of AlienTiki Send a personal message to AlienTiki  Goto the website of AlienTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-09 7:37 pm   Permalink

Can't wait to see the boards. Do you have any color sketches to show what the final design'll look like?

www.robbhamel.com

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-09 8:15 pm   Permalink

Go thicker and smoother on the lines of the Chick. you might also want to make the lines around the Tiki thicker. Right now, the piece is lookin Ok...but really Flat. Thicken up the lines and make this puppy POP.

View Profile of TiKiMaN77 Send a personal message to TiKiMaN77  Email TiKiMaN77 Goto the website of TiKiMaN77     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-10 06:22 am   Permalink

That's great. Cool idea too. I'd love to see what you can do in Illustrator, just to compare. I think making a black background would add a lot of contrast, and maybe bring the flames to stand out more. You could leave as-is and still looks cool!
Alllllllright, I'll have to come out there to pick one up!

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlienTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-10 12:11 pm   Permalink

Mahalo Robb, I don't have any color sketches yet but I'm thinking maybe 5 or 6 colors. I'll post them as soon as it is all finished.

TiKiMaN77. That's exactly what I need. Some good constructive criticism. Thicker lines coming right up. Thanks I appreciate the help more than I can express. Mahalo

surfintiki definitely a back ground is in the works. Smoke,coco palms moon etc... Well if you can't make it out I'll have to send you one but I'm afraid it's just not the same as local pickup here.

Mahalo for looking.

TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-10 6:14 pm   Permalink

No prob man. I ink comics for a living (well, not too much of a living right now), these kind of things just come natural. and I do agree with the Black background...on a board that would just be killer.

View Profile of TiKiMaN77 Send a personal message to TiKiMaN77  Email TiKiMaN77 Goto the website of TiKiMaN77     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-10 7:06 pm   Permalink

killer dood! ill totally buy a shirt of that! ill wear it every time i bomb a hill

View Profile of tikithomas08 Send a personal message to tikithomas08  Email tikithomas08 Goto the website of tikithomas08     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dead Handworka
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-11-28 03:23 am   Permalink

One of my latest Skateboard graphics!

View Profile of Dead Handworka Send a personal message to Dead Handworka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation