FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving where can you buy logs of any type????

You are viewing a single post from the search result.
view the entire topic
where can you buy logs of any type????
Creative Chimp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-07 07:19 am   Permalink

hello everyone,

This is my first posting but I have been exploring TC for some time now and have learned a lot from the community. I have been obsessed with Tiki's my whole life and felt alone until i found this site and my favorite book-"the Book Of Tiki". I never new this world existed...thank god for the internet!!!!!!!!!!!!

I live around the Tampa Bay Florida surrounded by Sabal Palms, Oaks and crappy worthless pine trees. i would like to carve the sabals but really don't want to wait 6 months to a year for drying. I've got carving fever now and I'm setting up to start carving (buying tools and research out the wazoo) and I have already searched the postings for most of my questions.

Heres my question: are there any raw lumber/log suppliers in the world that you can order from (ceder, maple, red wood etc).?????? i noticed a lot of you carve what is available in your areas. I was inspired by GMAN's work and i like the details he was able to achieve and how well it took to stains. I have no mills around since most of Florida lumber is imported from the north. i had no luck at Google either....all i found was log cabin suppliers. there must be some company out there somewhere that sells logs of every type.........

thank you in advance to all of you out there...........

View Profile of Creative Chimp Send a personal message to Creative Chimp      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation