FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Some of last years SCTiki carvings
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Some of last years SCTiki carvings
Tikitastic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-08 12:06 pm   Permalink

Great stuff Will! I really like the Redwood heartwood pieces.

Hope to see more pics soon!

View Profile of Tikitastic Send a personal message to Tikitastic  Goto the website of Tikitastic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-18 2:45 pm   Permalink

If that's your first jade piece, you've done amazingly well - then I reread your post and saw this:
Quote:
Currently, there is no water system in place, I have just been dry carving the stone.

Crazy! You really need to get that sorted - aside from the dust, the lack of lubrication is really hard on the stone and tools. Some softer stones can be carved dry with diamonds, but it always goes better with water! The biggest difference you'll notice is how much deeper and cleaner your cuts will be, and looking at your wood pieces that's what you'll be aiming for. Keep us posted on your progress!
I need to go on a surf camp too - I'm thinking that's about the only way I'll get in any decent water time this year...

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation