[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Hey! Some Updates 09/24/09
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Hey! Some Updates 09/24/09
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-10 11:59 am   Permalink

Hey, i decided to start a thread in here to show some paintings.
i just started; being inspired by some of the amazing painters on TC, i got some acrylics and canvas the other day, along with some brushes.

i've only done 2 things. a picture of myself just for practice on faces and a picture im starting today.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Duddy 2008-09-22 05:43 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Duddy 2008-12-06 21:48 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Duddy 2008-12-13 13:05 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Duddy 2009-01-13 05:36 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tiki duddy 2009-02-01 09:17 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Duddy 2009-03-27 21:13 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Duddy 2009-09-24 19:32 ]

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-11 5:13 pm   Permalink

Ah, the beginings of greatness... but I think, from the looks of your studio, you are taking the term "underground art" too seriously. Is that your basement?

No worries, as long as you're doing your art!

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2008-08-11 17:22 ]

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-12 3:37 pm   Permalink

lol, thanks brad! it's actually our garage! haha, a wee bit messy!

ok, here's the rest of the painting number 2. tryed to get good clear pictures.
it's a lil tiki dude dancin around the fire

...pictures shot in different lighting and with flash off/on. tryed to get the best one but i posted all anyways!
Any advice, comments always appreciated!
Thanks!

[ This Message was edited by: tiki duddy 2008-08-12 18:18 ]

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-12 3:45 pm   Permalink

Cool composition, makes me feel like a voyeur.... except I'd rather be spying on a bikini-clad wahine.

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-12 5:05 pm   Permalink

Hey Tiki Duddy! Looks like you're off to a great start! Your self portrait is incredible! I like your second painting as well... it could be an illustration for a cool children's book!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-12 6:01 pm   Permalink

Way to go!!! You are on your way. Keep doing those paintings and when you aren't doing that get back to carvin. Just kidding. I like your night surfer painting.

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dirk Yates
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-13 5:08 pm   Permalink

Aloha!!

Really great start. You already have a great fluid and fun style! Keep it up and develop it!! Love the vivid palette too!!

http://www.yatesstudios.com

View Profile of Dirk Yates Send a personal message to Dirk Yates  Email Dirk Yates Goto the website of Dirk Yates     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-13 8:39 pm   Permalink

Nice job, I like the self portrait, keep us posted.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-14 08:44 am   Permalink

Hey, TikiMango!- im glad others see it how i wanted it to come out!

TOBUNGA~ thanks much! im pretty happy with the self portrait, the colors arnt done to well though, but oh well!

SpermWhale~ thanks alot too, and i DO indend to continue to carve!

Dirk~ Hello! the words mean much! im going to try different styles untill i develop my own and get better with it. thanks!

Hiltiki~ Thanks alot, i'll definatly keep in touch!

I'll have some more progress on the paints once i...start a new one
i've got a couple of sketches i could post too yet though!
bye for now!

Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-14 8:16 pm   Permalink

Just a little something i was working on tonight.

it may look like the Death Star....
but it's not

More soon!

Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-14 10:41 pm   Permalink

TD~
Okay, u know I totally support you starting da art. I got nothing but aloha for you. So, please take this as said with sincere aloha.
Here's a tip from an cranky old dog who's made a LOT of art mistakes.

Art tip) When you have light sources in your paintings, the rule is, to make them believable you MUST make them the brightest things in the paintings. Especially fire. I know you're moon is a light source, that's good. But the fire has to be even brighter to have the illusion of real fire. The leaves in the jungle have to come way down in brightness compared to the flames.

I know it's hard to post half finished work in front of the tiki tribe (scares the heck out of an introvert like me, I don't think I could have done it at your age) and I so respect you doing so now.

Okay, I'll get off the soap box now.

Big aloha to you D.
B~
K. Angel Pilago (Hawaiian Elder & my personal Yoda)
[img]http://tikiroom.com/img/5514x538c224a.jpg[

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-14 11:27 pm   Permalink

Thanks Much Brad!!
you couldnt be more right, i tryed to make the moon bright but didnt think of the effect the fire has on the leaves aswell.
Big help!

Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-15 11:09 am   Permalink

here's some updates, worked on it a little bit more last night and this morning so far.

It still looks a bit like a laser,
but that SHOULD change soon.

Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-20 6:58 pm   Permalink

minor progress:

i'll have it finished up tomorrow im pretty sure
anything i should finish it with? a gloss? some sort of protective coat?

Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-22 12:30 am   Permalink

I didn't know I was supposed to put on a protective sealant on my paintings, till about number 9 or so. I figured, they are plastic. Well, you can. there's the spray on, but I noticed that it can cloud the dark a tad. the art store folks lead me to liquid brush on. You gotta experiment.
K. Angel Pilago (Hawaiian Elder & my personal Yoda)
[img]http://tikiroom.com/img/5514x538c224a.jpg[

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation