FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Hey! Some Updates 09/24/09
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Hey! Some Updates 09/24/09
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-23 04:37 am   Permalink

Thanks Brad, i havent decided on the stars yet, that's something i've been waiting to decide at the end, if it needs the little extra touch i'll definatly put them in there, i just want to make sure i do them right and effective.
More Soon!

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-23 05:51 am   Permalink

I agree it's a great start. I'm no pro but as far as sealing paintings goes I've always used spray on type stuff. About 75% of my paintings have actually been sprayed with engine clear coat! It doesn't darken the work hardly at all. The clear polyurethanes work good as well. There have been a couple times I've sprayed the piece, saw a problem with the painting, painted the correction right over the top of the clear coat and then hit it with a second clear coat. It works.
Keep plugging away.
Cheers.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-23 08:21 am   Permalink

Matt's right about the clear....Brush on works but test first....
Looking good Duddles!
I wanna live on top of that hill!
Stars are fun!
don't use all white for the stars-use some lt.blue and dulled down yellow...
a fun start is to dip the tip of your finger in the paint-wipe most of it off
then dab it here and there on the canvas-if it's too much just wipe off-then,in a circular motion smear those dabs into a fadey gradation-then when dry,put a dot or cross-if you vary colors of the star and the glow,and alternate between dots and crosses-more dots-you'll start to get a cool easy starry sky..not tooo much tho! less is more!
Stoked this is givin you the painting Fever!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-23 08:34 am   Permalink

Thanks Matt!~ appreciate the tips!

Kenny~ thanks for the star info!

couple updates:

highlights on tree and the log. and i colored in the path

illuminated the shack a little more..

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-26 5:48 pm   Permalink

some progress from a couple days ago..

Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-02 2:49 pm   Permalink

Some minor progress on the fire area today...

Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-03 05:50 am   Permalink

quick before-school update here..
working on the fire a little more

Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-03 06:39 am   Permalink

So far, so fun. Keep pluggin'.

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-19 6:10 pm   Permalink

Fire Progress:

hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-20 7:36 pm   Permalink

Fire looks pretty good.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-24 6:31 pm   Permalink

TD~

Getting into the swirling shades of night... good. One other tip, okay two other tips: I got this one from another Tiki Central artist - try shading big areas like skys with your fingers... hides the brush strokes. Hmmmm... guess me and Kenny are telling you to finger paint.

Tip two - remember young skywalker...the light source (aka the fire) has to be brighter than anything else in the painting for it to seem like the actual source of the light.

Looking good... keep up 'da cool work!

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-28 11:39 am   Permalink

Thanks Hiltiki and Brad!

ok, been working on the fire lighting and i touched up the tree a liiittle bit. also starting the rocks by the beach

Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-06 9:45 pm   Permalink

Alright, started a New Painting last night!

Ok, it's not exactly Tiki- but Hey...it's Jimmy Page

The BeachHouse painting still isnt done-needed something fresh

Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-12 05:51 am   Permalink

Hey Duddy - what media do you like the most? I like the loose brushwork on the Page piece, it's watercolor isn't it?

www.robbhamel.com

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-13 8:26 pm   Permalink

Hey, Robb~ Thanks Much!
it's actually Acrylic, was a fun little project. learned from it too, of course
i like the acrylic-but i still want to try oil, not to mention Velvet is very interesting aswell, look forward to trying it yet someday

thinking of doing a Jimi Hendrix-same style as Page, and then to finish the little...series, maybe a Jim Morrison

More to come

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation