FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events *** Tikiyaki Orchestra & Squid Tiki Mug/Art Retrospective at KONA - Sept. 20 ***
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
*** Tikiyaki Orchestra & Squid Tiki Mug/Art Retrospective at KONA - Sept. 20 ***
Tiki Joe's Pop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-21 5:04 pm   Permalink

Just want to add a quick CONGRATS to Squid for a well deserved honoring of your craft. BRAVO, SIR! Sounds like the The Tikiyaki Orchestra broke all their legs they were so heavy last night- no surprise there. By the by, Bai- nice lid; Deb says "blue looks cool on you." Cheers to all involved & Dave, we'll make it down for you're 9th retrospective celebration!

-Me & the Mrs.

View Profile of Tiki Joe's Pop Send a personal message to Tiki Joe's Pop  Goto the website of Tiki Joe's Pop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-09-21 6:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-09-21 04:01, squid wrote:
Bowannnnaaaaahhhh

Squiiiiiiiiiiddddd!

Well, at least we were able to give a wave to each other from a distance. That's what happens when you are the Belle of the Ball, ya know Dave. I did however manage to spend a few minutes with your better half. Hopefully we'll see you at Babalu's studio next month for more clay hi-jinx.

Great show! Nice job everyone!

Bowana

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiphantom
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-09-21 9:12 pm   Permalink

Great show and fun time.

View Profile of Tikiphantom Send a personal message to Tikiphantom  Email Tikiphantom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-21 10:42 pm   Permalink

OOHH! nic pix! I see all you kids were up to no good while I was distracted. Detention for everyone!!!

Anyone get a shot of that cheesecake that Liz made??? MMMMMMMMMMMM....That alone was worth all the effort of putting this one together. Thanks Liz! Please post the recipe!!!!!!!!

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-22 06:16 am   Permalink

What a Show! I would travel triple the distance I did on Saturday just to see it again. Very well organized all - BRAVO! The work looked killer. Talk about sensory overload...jeez. You the man Squid!

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-22 08:13 am   Permalink

SQUIDDLES!

Great event,Great band,and Great display!
That's a lotta breakables!
Congrats man!
A Retrospective/tribute for you was long Overdue!
It was so great seeing so many Ohana
packed to the gills at KONA!
Other hi-lights....
All those HUGS!
seeing Liz and her cheesecake! mmmmmmm!
BooBen putting mashed taters on GROG's head
the wiping it clean
and licking Ernie's bald pate...
Sensual,in a disturbing kind of way....
Gettin some face-time with Hassan
what a nice guy!
Move out here...NOW!
Also got to take a gander at BigToe's
unwashed feet he was proudly displaying...
3 Years of neglect and going strong!
and Thanks KahunaKent for the Zombie mug!
Also Happy Birthday Mariah!
She was one of two ladies at our table who
popped down from LA just to experience the TO and see Squid's handiwork...
They were in awe of the scene....
great night!
Way to go Squid!!!!
i keep thinking of that SQUID BAI collaboration drawing
with that cute lil menehune!

Mad Props-well deserved....

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-a-fair
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-22 09:02 am   Permalink

I had a wonderful time, the food was tasty, the drinks yummy, the company great, the music amazing and Squid, well I just love him, I think he is such a nice guy and so creative and so deserved this night just for him. Cheers for Squid!

View Profile of tiki-a-fair Send a personal message to tiki-a-fair      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-09-22 09:12 am   Permalink

It was mousse Kinny, not mashed taters.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mongoloid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-22 09:16 am   Permalink

Top notch all around! Squid that damn vending booth made my pockets alot lighter but can wait for November to receive my treasures! Marty Lush solid performance roasting Squid my favorite line from the night "This man has so much class he gets out of the shower to pee" the one liners were classic. The mug display was beyond impressive, i definately felt like a kid in a candy shop constantly changeing my mind of which one was my favorite. The food was excellent, the shredded Kalua pig was phenomenal, Tikiyaki was at the top of their game and i was stoked to hear a new track off the upcoming album. When are we doing this again??

View Profile of Mongoloid Send a personal message to Mongoloid      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congawa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-22 09:43 am   Permalink

Wow, we had a great time! Congrats to Squid, and great sets by the Tikiyaki Orchestra. And what a mug display!

Brent & Christine

View Profile of congawa Send a personal message to congawa  Goto the website of congawa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-22 11:47 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-09-22 09:16, Mongoloid wrote:
When are we doing this again??

Sat Oct 18th at Bahooka in Rosemead, for the Crazy Al,10th anniversary show.

I'm gonna camp out in the parking lot till then.
can't wait.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-22 4:25 pm   Permalink

I am soooooo sorry I didn't make this event. I guess my scapula didn't appreciate bearing my enormous girth on a cane for a week. By Saturday afternoon I could not sit, stand, lay, sleep or complain without excruciating pain.

Any chance of moving the collection down here for a week?

Congrats Dave this outpouring of love and respect was a long time coming for you and that wall of display mugs certainly supports Freaky Boutiki's claims that you are "The Tiki Sculptors Sculptor!" Huzzah!

Still thank goodness I spotted that total stranger wearing the fez and velvet smoking jacket (@ the Stardust?) in the crowd and chased him down!! I just new he'd be important in my life.

Thanks too Squidly for the endless inspiration I get every time I walk into our mug grotto!

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-22 5:50 pm   Permalink

What an fun evening, thanks everyone for putting together such a great show.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-22 6:27 pm   Permalink

Squid you freakin rock dude!! I wish I could have made it to the shindig but I was stuck working all weekend. $$$ always comes first then fun. Is there any chance you could do it again this weekend?

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomikitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-23 02:38 am   Permalink

Hurray for SQUID!!!!!

What an awesome night, and what an amazing and long overdue celebration for our amazingly talented cephalopod friend!

Things that were GREAT:

Atmosphere!
Friends!
Food!
Drinks!

Things that were freaking' AWESOME:

The ART!!!!!
The Music!!!
And all the TC OHANA who made this show happen.

(Tiki Kate~ So glad to hear the collection made it safely back home!)

I am stating to think Squid MAY actually be some sort of multi-armed sea creature. . . how else would you explain his love of tiki, the GAZILLION bands he drums for, AND the BAZILLION mugs this guy has sculpted in a brief 8 year period. . . very suspicious. . .

Congrats again my friend. You are an inspiration in your talent, your drive, and your character.

Now stop stealing eyes. . .you have enough!

Mug-a-palooza

Ohhh. . .new mugs!. . .

TikiYaki plays to a packed house! You guys sounded awesome!

You say blurry, I say artsy

Hurray for HUMU!

The lovely Maid Marion

Atomikitty & Maid Marion

Sassy Dave. . .

Big Toe says. . . Dave, you don't have to act sassy just so people will like you. . .

As well as Squid's retrospective, this was also one of the last times many of us would get to Tiki Travis before he returns to his Aussie homeland to complete his Koala Husbandry classes.
What follows is a brief snapshot of the magic, and the mystery that is. . . .TRAVIS. . .
We will miss you buddy! Come back soon!

View Profile of atomikitty Send a personal message to atomikitty  Email atomikitty Goto the website of atomikitty     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation