FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Should I change my Tiki Central name?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Should I change my Tiki Central name?
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-13 1:34 pm   Permalink

Nice car, how about Bluebird-tiki?

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
paranoid123
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-13 2:22 pm   Permalink

Aren't you in Seattle? Maybe you should update your location first! ;-)

View Profile of paranoid123 Send a personal message to paranoid123      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-13 6:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-13 14:22, paranoid123 wrote:
Aren't you in Seattle? Maybe you should update your location first!

I figure it I don't update, it will be harder for my ex-wives and 11 kids to find me.
Why spend money on alimony when you can buy a classic car instead!?!

[ This Message was edited by: tiki-riviera 2008-08-13 18:11 ]

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-13 6:48 pm   Permalink

How much for the rivi? the 65 is the best looking Buik since 1950...

View Profile of Tiki Trav Send a personal message to Tiki Trav  Email Tiki Trav     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-08-14 2:55 pm   Permalink

Niiiiiiice Bird. My first car was a 62 Thunderbird (Sandshell Beige). Have fun with your Bird. I like your current name.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JanetMermaid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-20 1:26 pm   Permalink

Oh My God. That is an amazing car. I am drooling on the keyboard RIGHT NOW.

View Profile of JanetMermaid Send a personal message to JanetMermaid  Goto the website of JanetMermaid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MNZombie
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-20 2:34 pm   Permalink

Love the car. Every now and then I think I need a car like that, something with character and style! But then I get hit by another Minnesota winter and I think I need a car with traction control and ABS. I guess in my heart I'm just too safe and practical, probably why I drive an Accord.

As far as changing your name, wouldn't that cost you your Tiki Socialite status, or is there a way to change your name and keep your street cred?

View Profile of MNZombie Send a personal message to MNZombie  Email MNZombie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jimzip
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-21 7:14 pm   Permalink

I don't know you well enough to make an in-joke, but amazing car, and great name! Even if you sell the riviera, keep the name, as Tiki-Royale said, it's got a nice ring to it!

Jimzip

View Profile of Jimzip Send a personal message to Jimzip  Goto the website of Jimzip     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-23 06:51 am   Permalink

I've decided to keep my name as tiki-riviera. I think I like it because the name riviera
has many different connotations, more mysterious than Thunderbird.

As for the car, it is such a blast to drive around and people are always giving me the thumbs up
(sometimes the finger). Interesting to note that the car gets the most attention from older ladies,
not the college girls I was hoping for. Maybe it reminds them of dating in high school. My master plan is to move to Hawaii and make a living by renting out the car for sunset drives along the coast....

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-23 06:55 am   Permalink

For those interested, here are a few more pics.

MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-08-23 07:23 am   Permalink

Nice ride! Sorry about the lack of enthusiasm fron the hot chicks but it's be expected - I'm pretty close to the same model year as your TBird and I don't get the thumbs up from the college girls anymore. But then again, I'm not in showroom condition anymore either

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-15 9:44 pm   Permalink

at the All Ford Car Show in Issaquah this weekend

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-15 10:37 pm   Permalink

Jeez, if it weren't fer that lil bit of his frat tattoo showin' I wouldn't recognize him cuz he's standin' next to a car which his TC handle has absolutely nothin' to do with. This is all so confusin'!

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-15 10:39 pm   Permalink

Dogbytes now has the same quandary as me. She just became the proud parent to a very cool 1955 black T-Bird convertible. Guess Dogbytes and I will have to settle who gets the tiki-tbird name in a gentlemanly fashion. Next Sunday at 2:00 pm behind the old
saw mill we will duel with single shot muzzle loading pistols. May the best shot win!

woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-15 10:51 pm   Permalink

Yikes! Not old man Tucker's saw mill!!! That place is H-H-H-HAUNTED!!!

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation