Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Some depressing rum rumors
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Some depressing rum rumors
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-08-18 12:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-17 22:07, martiki wrote:
Lemon Hart 151 is most definitely still imported to the US. We pour close to 4 cases a month. They sponsored my event at Tiki Oasis.

Shoot, I didn't know I drank that much!

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-18 8:19 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-18 12:14, thejab wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-08-17 22:07, martiki wrote:
Lemon Hart 151 is most definitely still imported to the US. We pour close to 4 cases a month. They sponsored my event at Tiki Oasis.

Shoot, I didn't know I drank that much!

Martin, make sure you have a fifth case on hand in October for my FI visit!

See www.tydirium.net for Tiki Road Trip, global travelogues, and more!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ekomomai
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-19 12:40 pm   Permalink

Rum Balls - where do you find LH 80 in Oregon? I've looked all over. Even the state board site doesn't list it. LH 151, I can get easily.

View Profile of Ekomomai Send a personal message to Ekomomai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TimboTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-21 8:23 pm   Permalink

After searching several stores here in Minnesota, I found ONE store that carries LH in both proofs. I got the last bottle they had of the 151. I'll have to take a look soon and see if they restocked.

EDIT: Psycho Suzi's was using LH in their drinks as recently as 2 months ago.

I also found St. Clement VSOP Martinique at a different store.

[ This Message was edited by: TimboTiki 2008-08-21 20:25 ]

View Profile of TimboTiki Send a personal message to TimboTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-23 4:21 pm   Permalink

I believe the "Zippo" company makes a good substitute for 151...

View Profile of Tiki Trav Send a personal message to Tiki Trav  Email Tiki Trav     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Balls

Posted: 2008-08-25 08:26 am   Permalink

Ekomomoai,

You're right...I can't find "regular" Lemon Hart at any of the Portland liquor stores I frequent. And I definitely HAVE seen it here before.

On the flip side, Oregon seems to be awash in Lemon Hart 151...multiple bottles at every OLCC store I visited. Go figure.

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rob Roy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-25 10:32 am   Permalink

You could always go to one of the smaller liquor stores that have carried what you want in the past and ask them to order it for you.

You need to cultivate a relationship with your local liquor store owner. I have in the past and was able to order right out of their distributor's catalog.

View Profile of Rob Roy Send a personal message to Rob Roy  Email Rob Roy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
toofastjim
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-11-17 08:00 am   Permalink

As of Saturday Nov 15th, Wine Cellars of Saline in Waltham MA had about 15+ bottles of Lemon Hart 151 left - two rows deeply stocked... and this was after my hoard-mentality purchase. They didn't have the normal proof, but I can find that alot easier where I live.

View Profile of toofastjim Send a personal message to toofastjim  Goto the website of toofastjim     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hearn

Posted: 2008-11-23 09:00 am   Permalink

FYI....here in Northern Virginia, where the state controls all liquor stores...if you got to your local ABC Store and ask them to order Lemon Hart, they will purchase both 80 and 151 proofs. It took three days for their next shipment to arrive, but it was easy and you save on shipping charges.

View Profile of Hearn Send a personal message to Hearn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
toofastjim
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-12-30 08:29 am   Permalink

I got another bottle of LH 151 for Christmas - this one apparently purchased in Framingham MA. Also, a couple of my local stores in CT regularly stock a small, but consistent supply of the normal proof LH. Nice to see all three varieties of St James still on the shelves, too, albeit in limited quantities.

View Profile of toofastjim Send a personal message to toofastjim  Goto the website of toofastjim     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2008-12-30 2:48 pm   Permalink

I went to Cask, the liquor store in San Francisco run by the Bourbon and Branch folks, and spotted Lemon Hart 151. Their rum selection had some good bottles, but was pretty weak compared to their great (albeit pricey) whiskey selection. And their selection of other spirits wasn't very extensive. Perhaps they were understocked after the holidays. Also, I would like to see a bigger selection of cocktail making equipment and accessories and more books like the classic cocktail book reprints.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2008-12-30 2:48 pm   Permalink

I went to Cask, the liquor store in San Francisco run by the Bourbon and Branch folks, and spotted Lemon Hart 151. Their rum selection had some good bottles, but was pretty weak compared to their great (albeit pricey) whiskey selection. And their selection of other spirits wasn't very extensive. Perhaps they were understocked after the holidays. Also, I would like to see a bigger selection of cocktail making equipment and accessories and more books like the classic cocktail book reprints.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation