FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Ľ Ľ Tiki Marketplace Ľ Ľ Tiki Bosko new ceramics pre-Tiki Oasis 2010
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Tiki Bosko new ceramics pre-Tiki Oasis 2010
TIKIBOSKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-07 8:11 pm   Permalink

Thanks so much to everyone for the compliments, I really enjoyed sculpting this batch, cleaning, glazing and firing not so much. Normally I donít post images until we are well into the firing process of an edition but in this case we ordered the glazes as soon as we saw the test batch (after several other attempts) and I posted the photos soon after that. The next day we were informed that two of the glazes have been discontinued, thus we were in panic mode until we found another source for the material. We should have the bugeyes on the website sometime next week. Iíll be carving all this next week and weíre going to be firing the rest of the mugs we have ready up until Oasis if any of you guys are there please stop by and say hello.

Bosko

View Profile of TIKIBOSKO Send a personal message to TIKIBOSKO  Goto the website of TIKIBOSKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIBOSKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-14 3:56 pm   Permalink

I guess it's been a while since my last post?
This year I set a goal to make one new piece of ceramic art a month, unfortunately I had been keeping up with my goal and feeling so good that I promptly got backed up in the mug department, we just released the pictured mugs below on
www.tikibosko.com, I have three other designs that I have been working simultaneously that still need the glazes resolved. We also have two event mugs coming up in the near future, Otto offered and I took on the task of creating this years Tiki Oasis 12 mug, I just pulled the first casts out of the mold this morning. We are also working on a small run for a old friends 60th birthday party so, I have my work cut out for me.

This piece is based on a PNG design, but you can obviously see my modern interpretation of their always brilliant art, it takes the primitive and makes it look space age cartoony, just like the great mid century Polynesian Pop masters.

The Ku I loosely based it on the Florian Gabrial Ďs Kon Tiki Ku design but more stripped down - think bubble gum hot rod - I was lucky enough to meet and talk with him at Ottoís first mug party way back in 93(?) He was a very cool guy and we happened to attend the same college.

Thanks for looking and my very best Aloha's

Bosko

View Profile of TIKIBOSKO Send a personal message to TIKIBOSKO  Goto the website of TIKIBOSKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-14 7:40 pm   Permalink

Nice work as always Bosko .I regret missing out on the last run of the "Bug Eye"
in that killer blue -green glaze .I was wondering if you are going to do another run of the Bug Eye ?

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kane Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-06-14 11:09 pm   Permalink

Bosko, I loved the two ceramic pieces you had for sale at the recent outrť gallery showcase here in oz. I know the pmp style peanut design was a glaze variation of one of the designs on your web page, but was the moai design unique to outrť?

View Profile of Kane Tiki Send a personal message to Kane Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIBOSKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-15 11:45 am   Permalink

1961surf Iím fairly sure that Bug Eye is over we did two color editions and that is more than we normally do, I know we have a few APís sitting around, Iíll probably do another version one of these days, but I think it was 15-20 years since the first one so letís hope Iím quicker the next time around?
Kane the Moai at Outre was exclusively for them, we have a small amount here in the studio that we will sell to our regular customers if they donít buy us out, but they have first rights to the ceramics.

Thanks

Bosko

TIKIBOSKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-01 11:29 am   Permalink

Hello all I'll be debuting 4 mugs at the International Marketplace Sunday the 2nd, if you are in the neighborhood please stop by, otherwise these will be on the website sometime next week,

First off Enoy

Next Example 33

Ceremonial Compote

And last Huon scraper

Thanks for looking hope you enjoy them,

Bosko

happy buddha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-01 11:57 am   Permalink

Nice! Really loving that second one especially. Tons of character.

View Profile of happy buddha Send a personal message to happy buddha  Goto the website of happy buddha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIBOSKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-10 4:26 pm   Permalink

Aloha all as always I am behind on posting here my apologies, below is our newest ceramic set the Cannibal trio I haven't done a version of these in well over a decade, take a look on the website if you mention your from Tiki Central we'll give you a discount.

Also I have a TikiBosko page on fb if you want to see what's new-ish, I post somewhat more frequently there. As soon as I get a minute I'll post some of our other works, thanks

Bosko

GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-05-10 9:41 pm   Permalink

GROG like.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIBOSKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-11 09:06 am   Permalink

Wait until GROG see my 101, 102, 103, 104 and 105 !

GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-05-11 7:29 pm   Permalink

Sound like BOSKO been busy.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation