[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music The Official Internet Radio Station thread
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
The Official Internet Radio Station thread
hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-11 8:03 pm   Permalink

Do you have an exotica or space-age themed Internet Radio Station? Post about it here! I'm looking to build a page on Tikiroom.com to highlight them all!

Be sure to include:

-A Short description of the station, or the DJ
-Type of music played
-The URL to the station
-The type of software needed

~Hanford

[ This Message was edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2003-03-11 20:04 ]

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ChuKelley

Posted: 2003-03-11 8:28 pm   Permalink

Yup, I've got one for you...www.LuxuriaMusic.com

Lux was originally co-founded by myself and The Millionaire (of Combustible Edison). In 2001 our parent company was bought by Clear Channel and they gave us the axe within just a few months. Boo Hoo. But now we're back!

Our playlist consists of the usual lounge exotica type stuff as well as bollywood, 60's soundtracks, old commercials, celebrities at their worst, bossa nova, childrens music...

The site itself doesn't look so good right now because we're spending all of our time TWEAKING the stream. But soon it'll have a new improved look, as well as "magazine" articles, message boards, a chat room, etc.

You'll need to have the Windows Media Player installed on your computer in order to listen. And dont worry Mac users...there's a Windows Media Player for Mac. Get it, and you'll be able to listen too. Eventually we'll probably have a Real Player stream available too.

Have fun.

Chuck Kelley
www.luxuriamusic.com

View Profile of ChuKelley Send a personal message to ChuKelley  Goto the website of ChuKelley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stunrut
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-11 8:42 pm   Permalink

My station is "Exotica Tiki Lounge"

I play all exotica 24/7

On my station you'll find;

Martin Denny
Arthur Lyman
Les Baxter
Robert Drasnin
Yma Sumac
Percy Faith
Vic Damone
Pink Martini
Throbbing Gristle
Combustible Edison
Esquivel
Enoch Light
George Shearing and many others.

My music loop is now over eight hours.

The link is in my signature below. You'll have to have a high speed connection to listen due to the quality of the audio stream. Come join live365 and find out what internet radios really is all about!

View Profile of stunrut Send a personal message to stunrut  Email stunrut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vegasvic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-11 9:12 pm   Permalink

How about the fabulous Vegas Vic's Tiki Lounge!

Broadcasting Exotica all day, featuring all the usual favorites: Les Baxter, Martin Denny, Arthur Lyman, Don Tiki -- as well as some rare tracks from the likes of Tak Shindo, Frank Hunter, Webley Edwards, Ted Auletta, Eden Ahbez and many others. We also mix in the occasional instrumental Surf track to keep it real.

Each evening Vic also broadcasts The Space Age Bachelor Pad -- an eclectic mix of Lounge/Cocktail, Spy/Crime, and Space-Age music from Mancini, Esquivel, Hugo Montenegro, Perry-Kingsley, Dick Hyman, and much more.

So, Mai Tai or Martini -- we got you covered.

Aloha,
Vic

View Profile of vegasvic Send a personal message to vegasvic  Email vegasvic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-12 09:56 am   Permalink

The Swank Pad

Like a variety show on the air! Lounge, Exotica, soundtracks, new and old, crooners, divas, retro commercials and comedy, Tahitian & Hawaiian, True Crime.

Blurring the lines between art and kitsch!

Over 24 hours of music on rotation with plenty "only on vinyl."

Live 365

http://www.live365.com/stations/239344

Music by adults, for adults since 2001.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-14 8:19 pm   Permalink

Thanks everyone for posting. I've been listening.

Anyone else have a station?

~Hanford

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stunrut
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-18 6:59 pm   Permalink

I added some more Arthur Lyman and a lot of Yma Sumac the other day. I was in a hurry and had to go to work. I'm sorry some of it isn't exotica but I'll weed out the culprits soon.

Happy Listening!

View Profile of stunrut Send a personal message to stunrut  Email stunrut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Captain Ambience
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-03-27 11:57 pm   Permalink

ooooOOO, I used to love Luxuria music. How is Val Myers?

I do a live show 2-3 times a month on dirty.org called Thrift Store Radio. I've posted the link on this BB before.

If anyone wants to be on my e-mail list just send a "howdy" to
thriftstoreradio@cox.net

turn up your speakers and click on this: http://www.dirtyradio.net/~tylero/thrift_store_radio.mp3

View Profile of Captain Ambience Send a personal message to Captain Ambience  Email Captain Ambience Goto the website of Captain Ambience     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stunrut
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-08 11:26 am   Permalink

Hey folks!

I just added a lot more music to my station.

I've added more Eden Ahbez! Also there is some Don Tiare, Tipsy and Orchestra Superstring.

Awesome stuff! Come on over and check it out!

All Exotica all the time!

[ This Message was edited by: stunrut on 2003-04-08 11:26 ]

Stunned

Posted: 2003-06-04 1:11 pm   Permalink

Hey, I'm doing a namechange to Stunned.

I've also added new music to my radio station and I've added a few specialty shows to my lineup.

Every evening from 7-9 p.m. is Modern Exotica. A sampling of exotica since the 60's.

www.live365.com/stations/stunrut

Then from 9-11 p.m. is Exotica Wannabes. Exotica performed by artists that are primarily non exotica artists.

Also, Sundays from noon to 4 is the Peace of Hawaii show. This has music with a more Hawaiian slant with a few oddities thrown in.

[ This Message was edited by: Stunned on 2003-06-04 13:12 ]

View Profile of Stunned Send a personal message to Stunned  Email Stunned Goto the website of Stunned     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Captain Ambience
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-06-04 10:24 pm   Permalink

You can listen to my Thrift Store Radio Sampler now!

Download it from this link:

http://www.dirtyradio.net/~tylero/thrift_store_radio.mp3 (biiig file)

Stream it from this link:

http://www.dirtyradio.net/~tylero/tsr.m3u

It was done in one live take and some of the levels are off but otherwise it's a worthy listen.

turn up your speakers and click on this: http://www.dirtyradio.net/~tylero/thrift_store_radio.mp3

View Profile of Captain Ambience Send a personal message to Captain Ambience  Email Captain Ambience Goto the website of Captain Ambience     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Stunned

Posted: 2003-06-11 10:17 am   Permalink

New specialty show working great now. Tune in Sundays for a different experience.

Check out my schedule at
http://www.live365.com/stations/stunrut

Please remember to vote (thumbs up/down) for song you love/hate while you listen. This tells me what to keep/delete.

Thanks

Stunrut

View Profile of Stunned Send a personal message to Stunned  Email Stunned Goto the website of Stunned     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Stunned

Posted: 2003-06-15 11:24 am   Permalink

Thanks for listening everybody. While ratings change from time to time my station is normally in the top 15% of over 6000 radio stations on live365. Thanks for your support.

http://www.live365.com/stations/stunrut

Stunned

Posted: 2003-06-15 11:35 am   Permalink

Test post for signature.

Stunned

Posted: 2003-06-28 12:15 pm   Permalink

New show tonight! Star Wars lounge music! Awesome stuff. Great for a laugh if nothing else.

www.live365.com/stations/stunrut

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation