FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Oasis on the cheap , fink about this . . .
Tiki Oasis on the cheap , fink about this . . .
mike-stobbe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-17 08:53 am   Permalink

So the rooms were all sold out , we had to make a decision about what to do in regards to a place to fall down when the BAC gets a little too high . . . .

We have a 1960 Shasta travel trailer and decided to bring it down the hill and set it up in the parking lot as the Finkniks / Camp Snoopy / off hours base of operations . It was awesome .

The trailer sleeps pretty good and was warm and comfy all night .

In fact here are some pictures to prove it . We had some great neighbors too , in the Mai Tai Fine camper .

Urban camping rules .

[ This Message was edited by: mike-stobbe 2008-08-17 08:55 ]

View Profile of mike-stobbe Send a personal message to mike-stobbe  Goto the website of mike-stobbe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-17 1:06 pm   Permalink

Coool!

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-17 1:22 pm   Permalink

Man that trailer and scooter are straight out my memories of childhood and camping with my family. Way cool

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tyger jymmy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-17 3:40 pm   Permalink

Man thats the Koolest , the mini bike brings me back to my days runnin the streets on a Taco mini bike which silver metal flake seat purple frame . very kool trailer way kool . couldnt make it year . Big bummer hopfully next , anyways great pictures .

View Profile of tyger jymmy Send a personal message to tyger jymmy  Email tyger jymmy Goto the website of tyger jymmy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-17 7:01 pm   Permalink

Now you're Finking!

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sleestak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-17 9:36 pm   Permalink

awesome time! cant wait for next year!

View Profile of sleestak Send a personal message to sleestak  Email sleestak Goto the website of sleestak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-17 9:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-17 21:36, sleestak wrote:
awesome time! cant wait for next year!

Did you even unload the car yet?

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mike-stobbe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-18 10:10 am   Permalink

View Profile of mike-stobbe Send a personal message to mike-stobbe  Goto the website of mike-stobbe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-19 01:22 am   Permalink

you guys are a riot,
great seeing yall again,

Had I known about the trailer I would have come out and seen it.

that def. gets the Seal of approval.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-19 07:36 am   Permalink

Finkniks... always on the cutting edge of coolness. Great shots. Seeing Floratina posting again is super and only adds to the hip-factor of this thread!

-Weird Unc

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-19 12:59 pm   Permalink

I think the trailer should be a room crawl stop if it makes an appearance again next year.

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mike-stobbe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-19 1:18 pm   Permalink

It will more than likely be there next year , and if it is , it will be part of the crawl for sure .

Sofa King
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-20 5:13 pm   Permalink

Wow, that Shasta if OFF THE HOOK! I REALLY like that little gem. I saw one just like it being pulled around Adams Ave the weekend before oasis.

I think that one may have been blue and white?

Anyhow, great trailer.

Sofa King

View Profile of Sofa King Send a personal message to Sofa King      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation