[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace WITCO for sale
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
WITCO for sale
TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-22 09:05 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: TIKI DAVID 2008-12-14 05:18 ]

View Profile of TIKI DAVID Send a personal message to TIKI DAVID  Email TIKI DAVID     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-22 09:13 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-09-22 08:53, TIKI DAVID wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-09-22 08:27, Psycho Tiki D wrote:
David,

What are the dimensions of you framed outrigger piece?

Thanks,

PTD

5FTX30"
BTW, i have 3 othe outrigger canoes with "issues" in various stages of restoation.same dimentions. pics when they are finished.

[ This Message was edited by: TIKI DAVID 2008-09-22 08:57 ]

Thank you David!

PTD

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikinomad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-22 1:44 pm   Permalink

I dig the chairs, too bad you are so far away!
Fair price too!
Keep posting those great pic's of your constantly growing witco collection!

View Profile of Tikinomad Send a personal message to Tikinomad  Email Tikinomad Goto the website of Tikinomad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTres
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-22 2:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-09-22 09:05, TIKI DAVID wrote:
but you may have to look for them on E-BAY because i think i am through with trying to offer anything up on this site.
just to many smart-ass, cry baby ,whiners. just looking for something/anything to knit pick.
E-BAY , ya want it ,bid on it, win it,pay for it ,pay the shipping.

You post stuff with no prices and ask people to make you offers. A guy PM's you an offer and you send a very rude response back to him, one that he posted here and that you don't deny. If you have a number in mind, then post it to begin with. Then you won't have to worry about lowball offers. And if you should get an offer that you consider too low, then politely refuse it or even educate the person politely on your opinion of the value of said piece. Calling people names only guarantees one thing, you can count that person out as a potential customer now and in the future.

View Profile of TikiTres Send a personal message to TikiTres  Email TikiTres     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-22 3:01 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: TIKI DAVID 2008-12-14 05:18 ]

View Profile of TIKI DAVID Send a personal message to TIKI DAVID  Email TIKI DAVID     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-22 5:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-09-22 14:50, TikiTres wrote:

You post stuff with no prices and ask people to make you offers. A guy PM's you an offer and you send a very rude response back to him, one that he posted here and that you don't deny. If you have a number in mind, then post it to begin with. Then you won't have to worry about lowball offers. And if you should get an offer that you consider too low, then politely refuse it or even educate the person politely on your opinion of the value of said piece. Calling people names only guarantees one thing, you can count that person out as a potential customer now and in the future.

Thank you.
I have been on TC longer than the shouting guy. I don't know what a Witco Globe goes for and ESPECIALLY when it's offered the way he did,

"Oh yeah...yawn...got too many of these...um...anybody want it?

And what the hell does "Make me an offer I can't refuse?" and in what context is it offered?
It sounded to me like he was going to let it go cheap. So I PM him and say, I don't know it's value, TELL ME, because in MY economy it's worth $100. Instead he zips me back a rude email. Something is worth only as much as someone will pay for it and if someone wants to spend close to $900. plus a ton of shipping, great. But that's not the way it was presented. And I cannot/wouldn't spend that much.
Also he said he was driving south, he said it.
If you had something that expensive, and APPARENTLY that rare, wouldn't you present it with a little better marketing?
He did that with a light he had and like a dummy I got suckered again. He presented it in the same causal manner as if it had very little value, (Granted HE seems to know lots about this stuff but I don't) When I asked how much he ignored my PM and then posted a ebay ad showing that the lamp was a few hundred dollars. It went from a ho-hum to a big item right away. I don't get his game but that's Cleveland for you. Oh BTW the reference of Malibu to Cleveland was about weather, It was 85 and sunny here and he had rain and thunder storms, He called me stupid and I pointed out that I was where there was waves, sun and Babes! And he was...not.

Tiki Dave, (Online when you use all capitals it means your shouting) Go and enjoy life, sorry we pissed on your parade, hopefully you can feel our frustration and market your items in a more forthright way that puts your buyer at ease and makes us want to buy from you. I don't know ANYONE who responds favorably when we ask "How much?" and you say, "What do ya give me for it? I automatically assume that you are going to try to screw me, in 53 years, I am usually right.

This is the last I am going to post on this.

View Profile of bananabobs Send a personal message to bananabobs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-22 6:08 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: TIKI DAVID 2008-12-14 05:19 ]

Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-22 6:32 pm   Permalink

Question of the day...

Is TIKI DAVID really Dr. Evil? Holding the "World" ransom, eh?

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0oGklljRthIbB8BAD5XNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEyNzlpNTB0BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDNQRjb2xvA3NrMQR2dGlkA0Y4MjRfODc-/SIG=1209js44g/EXP=1222219747/**http%3a//www.youtube.com/watch%3fv=jTmXHvGZiSY

I guess some may think so?

PTD?

[ This Message was edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2008-09-22 18:33 ]

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-23 4:01 pm   Permalink

David,

Just curious, have you received any decent offers? Still admiring the world map!

PTD

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation