FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events a huge mahalo to all at tiki oasis from the creepy creeps.
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
a huge mahalo to all at tiki oasis from the creepy creeps.
sleestak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-17 9:45 pm   Permalink

this should probably be in the music section, but i would just like to thank everyone for the unbelievable response to sat nights show! also if anyone has any pics of the event we would love to see them! again thank you, and we hope to see all of you again.

View Profile of sleestak Send a personal message to sleestak  Email sleestak Goto the website of sleestak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RanTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-17 10:43 pm   Permalink

Hi Sleestak,
Creepy Creeps kicked ass, we really enjoyed the show! It was nice to meet you earlier today. My girlfriend and I listened to your CD all the way back to LA, love it! Hope to see you guys perform again soon.

Mahalo!
RanTiki

View Profile of RanTiki Send a personal message to RanTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-08-17 11:28 pm   Permalink

You rawked....we loved you. You sure know how to get the Zombies up a jumpin...the one dancing on my balcony was out of control due to your awesome tunes!!! Thanks for a great show.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-17 11:32 pm   Permalink

i dig you guys, stoaked you creeps played this year, i picked up the last record i needed the other night. ive got pics of you doods playing, i just need to upload them

View Profile of tikithomas08 Send a personal message to tikithomas08  Email tikithomas08 Goto the website of tikithomas08     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sleestak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-17 11:33 pm   Permalink

thanks, we had a blast! im pretty sure that this has been the first oasis with crowd surfing? hahaha, that was crazy! great show!

View Profile of sleestak Send a personal message to sleestak  Email sleestak Goto the website of sleestak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-18 1:59 pm   Permalink

Creepy Creeps- Tiki Oasis 8 YouTube

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sleestak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-18 10:00 pm   Permalink

that is so rad! thanks for posting! if anybody else has any and cares to share we would be hyped!

Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2008-08-18 10:03 pm   Permalink

Yeah, you guys really rocked it. I can't wait to see you again, COME UP TO THE BAY AREA!!

www.tikikaimuki.com

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-19 01:01 am   Permalink

Sleestak,
as we discussed before hand, I was very worried that the Creepy Creeps would be too Heavy for Tiki Oasis.
But I think for the most part you guys blew the crowd away.
and yeah the moshing and crowd surfing was crazy.
I hadn't been in a Pit in about 10 years.

Cheers to a great Tiki Oasis performance man,

Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ This Message was edited by: bigtikidude 2008-08-19 01:01 ]

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-08-19 07:42 am   Permalink

I didn't know you were a Creepy Creep, Sleestak. Great show at Oasis! I enjoyed it a lot! Killer Voodoo Priest Witch Doctor costumes too! Keep rockin' it!

Bowana

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
NOTCH
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-19 09:52 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-18 22:03, TIKI KAIMUKI wrote:
Yeah, you guys really rocked it. I can't wait to see you again, COME UP TO THE BAY AREA!!

Thats Right! You have to hit up the Bay Area...
You guys are fuckin Awesome!!!

View Profile of NOTCH Send a personal message to NOTCH  Email NOTCH     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-19 11:50 am   Permalink

I was in front of the elevator with a LARGE crowd of folks who didn't dig it and had all moved into the hallways to escape the noise. Oasis is not the place for a pit, man. When I heard that, I was really bummed. Bummed like I'd be if a rapper sampled Frank Sinatra. I've been contemplating this post for a couple of hours and was reluctant to state my opinion here because the Creepy Creeps ARE a good band, but there's a place for everything.

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-19 12:54 pm   Permalink

Ya know, we LOVE the Creepy Creeps and they put on a GREAT show. However, there did seem to a significant group of non-tiki teenagers towards the front of the stage not wearing wristbands, wanting to slam dance. In a way it was high energy = good. On the other hand it was odd for Tiki Oasis...wish it didn't happen cause it took away from the experience and the show..and sorry to sound pissy, but I didn't want my nose broken at TO...I was at their elbow level. Thankfully, all turned out well and the show proceeded awesomely. Maybe tighter security next time. Creepy Creeps, get your arses up the Bay Area. You guys f'n rock! Thanks for playing!

[ This Message was edited by: Coco Loco 2008-08-19 12:55 ]

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-19 5:24 pm   Permalink

the CC are one of my favorite bands, i didnt think it was too heavy for TO just because of this years theme, but i can see how some of the crowd would think so. I say turn up the reverb and play as fast as you can till your fingers bleed. I did notice abunch of non tiki people there without wristbands for the tunes though. i cant wait to see you creeps again, maybe our bands could play a show together sometime? creepy garage/surf and sci fi ska/surf sounds like a good combo to me! haha, anyways here are some pics!

View Profile of tikithomas08 Send a personal message to tikithomas08  Email tikithomas08 Goto the website of tikithomas08     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-19 6:21 pm   Permalink

The Creepy Creeps really kicked ass. Crazy Al and I were laughing, while we were in it elbows deep, as we commented on crowd surfing being a first for Tiki Oasis this year. Yeah, it's a little extreme for Oasis, but the really cool thing was, the Creepy Creeps knew that, and told the audience that while they really appreciated the exuberance, they did need to take it a down a notch or two, because it wasn't appropriate for that particular venue. And for the most part the audience respectfully responded.

Oh, and yeah, Creepy Creeps, get your asses up to the San Francisco Bay Area!!! We all want to see you up here!!! There are tons of cool venues up here, or at the least you could play Tikitastic's house! (sorry to volunteer your services without asking, Mark!)

My only gripe, other than the lack of wristband monitoring (especially with that homeless dude that kept crashing our NorCal room party and wanting to spend the night/week/year in there on the sofa) was that the Creepy Creeps and Ghastly ones had pointed out that they had merchandise available for sale, but the vending was over for the day on Saturday night, and the bands all took off on Sunday morning. I was going to buy a bunch of their cd's, shirts, mug, and whatever other schwag they might have had hanging around - that was one of the things I was looking forward to in the vending area this year. Oh well, another time I guess. The show still rocked!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation