FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Oasis 8 Zombie Seminar: The Birth of the Zombie
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Tiki Oasis 8 Zombie Seminar: The Birth of the Zombie
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2008-08-21 10:59 am   Permalink

By modest demand, I'm pleased to post the link to my magnum opus, The Birth of The Zombie, which had it's premiere as an Official Selection at the 2008 Tiki Oasis Film Festival (i.e. my Zombie Presentation).

The story goes, of course, that Don the Beachcomber whipped up the Zombie one day to help a hungover businessman get through an important meeting. Now witness the past brought to life in this no-budget, shot-in-two-hours, David Lean-style epic:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1204408149423546797&hl=en

(please view either normal or double size only- anything larger is to pixelly)

Many thanks to the Tiki-Ti & The Buhens, Sven, and the whole Bassham family for making this happen. And a very special thanks to my better half Rebecca who spent the night I was in LA feverishly decoding the poorly translated PDF manual for the video editing software and was able to put the whole thing together in just a few days- having never done anything like this in her life. She does indeed rock most hard.

Enjoy!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-21 11:24 am   Permalink

Makes me laugh even harder the second time around! Too funny! Thanks for sharing again.

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-21 11:37 am   Permalink

The towel thrown at the Bum when the sound goes out made me laugh the most. I think its the first time I've heard Sven's voice. Cool video

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-21 11:51 am   Permalink

Nice. Great insider stuff. More! More!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-21 12:46 pm   Permalink

"The best film I've seen since yesterday!" - Ebert and whoever

"Better than Prison Girls!" - Joe Bob Briggs

"LMAO" - George W. Bush

"I'm filing a lawsuit" - Jeff Berry

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-21 12:54 pm   Permalink

That's some top notch work there Martin!

I also enjoyed the Jeff Berry part... brilliant!

Congrats to all involved! I'm sure that had the crowd doubled over with laughter.

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-21 1:46 pm   Permalink

That clip is alot of "Fun". I wish I could have made it to the seminar. Thanks for sharing!!

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-21 2:59 pm   Permalink

All joking aside, that's a great clip. Just watched it (and laughed) again. Great job guys.

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-22 07:40 am   Permalink

A spoof of this video would be funny as well. That laugh at the end of the video is so funny.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-22 07:49 am   Permalink

Next we need the invention of the Mai Tai video. I'm especially looking forward to the videos for the Vicious Virgin, the Impatient Virgin, Missionary's Downfall... Could be a great series!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-22 08:09 am   Permalink

And Ray's Mistake.

arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-22 10:35 am   Permalink

Funny stuff. But Jeff Berry is older than I realized. A 10 year old in 1937, that would make him 81 today. Must be the cocktails that keep him looking so young.

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-22 11:12 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-22 10:35, arriano wrote:
Funny stuff. But Jeff Berry is older than I realized. A 10 year old in 1937, that would make him 81 today. Must be the cocktails that keep him looking so young.

That was actually Jeff Berry Sr. I think we're on The Bum III.

tiki leki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-25 8:18 pm   Permalink

Martin , What a fantastic seminar we had a blast, So much fun we forgot the name of your favorite passion fruit syrup.. Any help???

View Profile of tiki leki Send a personal message to tiki leki  Email tiki leki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2008-08-25 11:10 pm   Permalink

Martin, that is too funny. You should get that Sven guy to do more stuff, he's a natural! I missed the seminar but I've heard there is a video of it out there, this is a good teaser. Thanks.

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation