FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events King Kukulele Presents The Floating Luau At The Tiki Ti August 28th, 2008
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
King Kukulele Presents The Floating Luau At The Tiki Ti August 28th, 2008
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-08-26 4:44 pm   Permalink

I'm there late..but in... hope to see you there!

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-26 7:19 pm   Permalink

Man, this sounds like an event to remember! Wish I could be there, but I will be in New York for the long weekend.

Somebody take some pictures. Better yet, video!

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Kukulele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-26 10:12 pm   Permalink

Weird Unc!
Thanks for the kind words, there will be video of the event...hopefully good video. I only wish you could be there to contribute your talents with uke and mic. You can be sure that the whole Buhen family will miss you.
Your pal,
King

View Profile of King Kukulele Send a personal message to King Kukulele  Email King Kukulele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thedivas
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-08-27 12:12 pm   Permalink

how many tiki lovers do you think can squeeze in there? i'd love to go, but i don't hold out much hope of getting a seat . . .

View Profile of thedivas Send a personal message to thedivas      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-27 1:32 pm   Permalink

It looks like I will be poppin in late 10ish. I got to go to band practice first. I hope some of you will still be there.

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-27 9:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-26 22:12, King Kukulele wrote:
Weird Unc!
Thanks for the kind words, there will be video of the event...hopefully good video. I only wish you could be there to contribute your talents with uke and mic. You can be sure that the whole Buhen family will miss you.
Your pal,
King

Thanks so much, King Kukulele. I really do wish I could be there but there's an awesome marionette rock 'n roll sandwich fixin' show (with guest magician!) going on at Pioneer Chicken that starts at 7pm. The promoter is actually paying people to show up just so they can fill it for the video that will play at Sundance. Gizzard baskets for everyone! Sorry, King. By the way, snag me one of those left-hander club cards. Thanks.

-Weird Unc

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Kukulele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-28 12:47 pm   Permalink

Very funny Weird Unc...what a coincidence that it is happening right across the street!!!

Sorry for anybody that doesn't get a seat. I wish there was more room for everybody so to help out I will be playing solo tonight. Bono had King Kukulele playing solo in his cabaret in Dublin Mr. Pussy's Cafe Deluxe. It was my first ukulele gig in 1994!! Tonight will be revisiting the King's early days.

View Profile of King Kukulele Send a personal message to King Kukulele  Email King Kukulele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-28 5:41 pm   Permalink

I was going to go, but there was a Britney Spears retrospective at club Pure in Las Vegas today that I really needed to go to instead. I did not mind waiting in line for 7 hours. Didn't even mind when Lindsay Lohan and some guy with a black hat and horrible mascara blew past me and were let in ahead of me. Did'nt they know that I am LUCAS VIGOR (of the old money Boston Vigors)? Didn't they recognize my sheer awesomeness?
Finally I got in. The doorman with the mullet and the huge muscles was rude. The drinks were 37 dollars each. The beers 18.50. Still, I did not mind. The Mai-tai was actually vodka and grape vitamin water. No problem! I might meet Rick Saloman!! It's worth it!!
I told myself there is no way in HELL I am going to see King Kukulele this evening! And I stuck to my guns!

See, I don't want to see real, live music. I don't want to ever see a consumate entertainer that can make a song out of nothing, and keep the crowd entertained and having a good time. I don't want to hear a great singing voice, excellent Uke strumming, and funny as hell stage banter. I don't. I don't .I don't.

JK, King. I have to stay late at work!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-28 8:04 pm   Permalink

wanted to be there,
didnt go anywhere.
stayed home exhausted and fried from working out in the sun all day.
hope it went well, was bummed not to be there.

Hope to see ya at the BongoFury's party Sat.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Kukulele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-29 10:18 am   Permalink

WHOA! Mr. Vigor thank you for the compliment. Sorry Britney's show was the same night...I actually cover one of her hits...(oops)

Mike Buhen told some great stories, the Lefthanders Club reconvened for the first time in 40 years, Tiki Diablo did a great interview and Miles Thompson surprised everyone and did a Q&A too. Thanks to Kevin Kidney for recreating the original Lefthanders Club membership card. See you at the next Floating Luau!!

Thanks to everyone who came out.
King Kukulele

Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-29 7:02 pm   Permalink

Great time last night! It was good to new friends and old( Miles). Ya know every time I go to the Tiki Ti , it just feels like home. Thanks for all that made it.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-29 7:41 pm   Permalink

I'm thrilled to now be a card carrying member of the Lefthanders Club!

[ This Message was edited by: Joe Banks 2008-08-29 19:42 ]

View Profile of Joe Banks Send a personal message to Joe Banks  Email Joe Banks Goto the website of Joe Banks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-30 01:12 am   Permalink

I'm not left handed, but I use my left hand for uh...
nevermind.

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-30 1:22 pm   Permalink

I had a blast, this was a really fun night.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-30 2:48 pm   Permalink

Nice pix Boris! I should have a DVD of the evening's festivities done shortly. Possibly even by tonight!

View Profile of Joe Banks Send a personal message to Joe Banks  Email Joe Banks Goto the website of Joe Banks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation