FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Forbidden Island Cocktail Competition! WINNER PAGE 3!!!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Forbidden Island Cocktail Competition! WINNER PAGE 3!!!
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2008-08-27 10:05 am   Permalink

Aloha!

Forbidden Island is pleased to announce its first ever Customer Cocktail Competition! Now is your chance to gain an incredibly small amount of fame and glory and have your cocktail featured on our Fall Cocktail Specials menu! So get to work and craft your masterpiece:

Rules:
-All recipes must be submitted by email to
fidrinkcompetition@gmail.com no later than 12:00PM PDT September 12th for consideration.
-All recipes should be expressed in ounces, (or fractions of ounces), dashes, or drops. No hot drinks.
-Include detailed instructions including preparation (e.g. shaken/stirred/blended), name, garnish, and glassware.
-Any spirit category is eligible- you don’t have to mix with rum, and no preference will be given to any particular base spirit.
-Spirits selected should be of appropriate quality, but not over the top. In other words, recipes calling for $200-a-bottle cognac will have other ingredients substituted.
-Seasonal & local products are always preferred. We can supply just about anything, however things like “pickled turkey gizzards” will be disqualified.
-JUDGING: The top ten finalists will be selected by Martin, and then prepared and tasted blindly by our panel of judges- the Forbidden Island Staff. They will know what the name of the drink is and the ingredients but not whose recipe it is.
-Grand Prize will be a Forbidden Island Gift Card, and of course your name on the specials menu. Plus the satisfaction that comes with “a job well done.”
-Contest is open to members of our exclusive email list and readers of Tiki Central. It will help if we’ve seen your face in the bar at least once.

There’s no time to lose! Get crackin’!

Mahalo!

[ This Message was edited by: martiki 2008-09-17 13:08 ]

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-27 10:21 am   Permalink

man I would love to be on the staff that day.

ok when are you guys going to Open up a So. Cal. version of F.I.?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki King
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-27 11:10 am   Permalink

I am In!

View Profile of Tiki King Send a personal message to Tiki King  Email Tiki King Goto the website of Tiki King     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquaorama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-27 11:16 am   Permalink

After getting tofu a 2nd place in the appetizer contest I'm ready to take it up a notch or two......

View Profile of aquaorama Send a personal message to aquaorama      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-27 11:22 am   Permalink

Is there a limit to the number of recipes one person can submit?

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chief Bartender
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-27 12:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-27 10:21, bigtikidude wrote:

ok when are you guys going to Open up a So. Cal. version of F.I.?

Shortly after he opens the Sacramento branch of F.I.

View Profile of Chief Bartender Send a personal message to Chief Bartender  Email Chief Bartender     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2008-08-27 2:32 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-27 11:22, JenTiki wrote:
Is there a limit to the number of recipes one person can submit?

nope!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jason Wickedly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-27 3:26 pm   Permalink

2 ounces tonic water
1 ounce vodka
Squeeze of lime juice

Add ice. Garnish with lime wedge.

OK where do I claim my prize?

View Profile of Jason Wickedly Send a personal message to Jason Wickedly  Email Jason Wickedly Goto the website of Jason Wickedly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-27 3:57 pm   Permalink

I'm in.
Mahalo.
-Bill

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-27 7:58 pm   Permalink

I don;t know if they have a rule about what booze is allowed or not allowed,
but being that its a tiki bar, I'm assuming that rum based would be better suited drink sir.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Quote:

On 2008-08-27 15:26, Jason Wickedly wrote:
2 ounces tonic water
1 ounce vodka
Squeeze of lime juice

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jason Wickedly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-27 11:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-27 19:58, bigtikidude wrote:
but being that its a tiki bar, I'm assuming that rum based would be better suited drink sir.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Quote:

On 2008-08-27 15:26, Jason Wickedly wrote:
2 ounces tonic water
1 ounce vodka
Squeeze of lime juice

Yeah but have you ever had a rum and tonic? Nasty!

But seriously, this is awesome, I just wish I was creative enough to come up with a decent drink that hasn't been made before. I'll just have to live vicariously through you creative folks. So get to mixing!

View Profile of Jason Wickedly Send a personal message to Jason Wickedly  Email Jason Wickedly Goto the website of Jason Wickedly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-28 07:11 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-27 19:58, bigtikidude wrote:

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Any spirit will be allowed...

Quote:

RULE #4:
Any spirit category is eligible- you don't have to mix with rum, and no preference will be given to any particular base spirit.

As for JW, use your "recipe" as a base to start; be inspired to add other flavors. You might end up surprising yourself.

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-28 07:15 am   Permalink

Quote:

Any spirit will be allowed...

The aloha spirit... it's kind of like love. The secret ingredient. You know, the one that blows up robots.

Suzanne

(In all seriousness, though, this contest is awesome! Can't wait to see the results!)

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-28 09:46 am   Permalink

Okay, I'm In. Before I started working on the drink for the Oasis I was working on a drink called "The Serpent's Kiss".

One question, is there a particular number of ounces you'd like the drink submissions?
If we could get an idea of a minimum or maximum that would be great.

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-08-28 09:56 am   Permalink

I'm in too. Hmmmmm, now to get mixin' and find some local victims for testing the concoction.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation