FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Forbidden Island Cocktail Competition! WINNER PAGE 3!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Forbidden Island Cocktail Competition! WINNER PAGE 3!!!
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-08 5:14 pm   Permalink

I'll submit my entries tonight -- been a crazy week or so...

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-08 10:30 pm   Permalink

2 drinks sent.
Ran

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kālai Waʻa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-09-09 11:27 am   Permalink

Three submitted. One quite strong, martini-style, guaranteed panty-remover.

One more of a punch, very refreshing, with a milder kick probably better suited to more people (i.e. not hard-core booze hounds).

One long shot, summer drink, great to enjoy on the patio but not so much as fall/winter sets it.

Here's hoping!

View Profile of Kālai Waʻa Send a personal message to Kālai Waʻa  Goto the website of Kālai Waʻa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-11 11:12 pm   Permalink

Just submitted mine! It's an idea I've had banging around in my head for a while, and this was just the kick in the pants I needed to make it real. It was quite an effort to get this recipe where I wanted it, I'm freshly impressed by those of you who were able to conjure up multiple recipes. This mixology stuff is exactly as tricky as it looks.

I'm really looking forward to hearing more about others' submissions once the contest is over and we can speak freely.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

[ This Message was edited by: Humuhumu 2008-09-11 23:13 ]

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-12 01:27 am   Permalink

Just submitted my three recipes. The good news is that even if none of them win, I had a great time creating them, and will continue to enjoy drinking them!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pakelika

Posted: 2008-09-12 10:31 am   Permalink

I sent in mine this morning.

Will the 10 finalists get posted? That would be fun.

View Profile of Pakelika Send a personal message to Pakelika      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Blowfish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-12 10:34 am   Permalink

TikiHula and I sent a couple in.... the incredibly tasty and addictive 'Kauaiian High' and our latest invention the 'Hula Dance'

Woohoo!

View Profile of Blowfish Send a personal message to Blowfish  Email Blowfish Goto the website of Blowfish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brice
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-09-12 12:21 pm   Permalink

Am I still drunk from tasting or was there a deadline for entries...four eyes still don't do any good...

View Profile of Brice Send a personal message to Brice      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2008-09-12 1:31 pm   Permalink

The deadline was at noon today.

COMPETITION CLOSED!

Some really, really good looking entries, everyone!!

Now it's off to the hard work of narrowing it all down! *hic*

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kālai Waʻa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-09-15 11:29 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-09-12 13:31, martiki wrote:

Now it's off to the hard work of narrowing it all down! *hic*

So what's the ETA on the announcement of the winner(s)?

Kill-Devil Club Initiate #7

View Profile of Kālai Waʻa Send a personal message to Kālai Waʻa  Goto the website of Kālai Waʻa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Little fragrant Tiare
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-16 07:18 am   Permalink

Managed to threw in mine at the last minute i think..i had great fun creating the drink and even more imbibing it!

View Profile of Little fragrant Tiare Send a personal message to Little fragrant Tiare  Goto the website of Little fragrant Tiare     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2008-09-16 10:27 am   Permalink

Judging is complete!

I will announce the winner soon! Stay tuned....

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-16 10:30 am   Permalink

and yer still alive?
cudos to you.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-16 6:23 pm   Permalink

BTD -- hum I wonder if "exercising your tastebuds" counts as "exercise"....

And yes, can't wait to see what the next coctails will be...with Ran amongst others...should be pretty tasty!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2008-09-17 1:00 pm   Permalink

Well,

After much exhaustive research, I'm prepared to tell you the winner.

First off, thanks so much to all of you who took the time and effort to send in recipes!

Over 45 drink recipes were submitted. So many looked good and had potential, that I couldn't narrow it down to just 10, so I ended up presenting 16 for competition. Lots of original ideas, great ingredients, and great flavor combinations.

Most stuck with some tried and true tiki flavor profiles, with a few notable exceptions showing influence of classic cocktails and contemporary mixology.

Our staff took great pains to carefully analyze each drink closely, often revisiting drinks over and over as they developed. We even remade a few that got too watery in the course of our deliberations. (*hic*)

So I'm pleased to announce that the winner is....

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation