FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Forbidden Island Cocktail Competition! WINNER PAGE 3!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Forbidden Island Cocktail Competition! WINNER PAGE 3!!!
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2008-09-17 1:01 pm   Permalink

wait for it.....

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2008-09-17 1:07 pm   Permalink

Tiki Central's own Tikiwahine aka Shani from Victoria, Canada!

with her original drink Blackstrap Betty

which, despite its name, understands that Cruzan Blackstrap is best used in small amounts. That, combined with fresh lime, pineapple, and a touch of vanilla and coconut, makes it taste like an instant classic.

Congrats to Tikiwahine!!!!

BUT WAIT! STOP THE PRESSES!!

In the course of our discussion, we thought that several of the runners up were great as well, and so we decided to make the rest of the fall drink specials the next four runners up. So while there is only one winner, we'll be showcasing the rest of the top of the list as well!

And they are....

[ This Message was edited by: martiki 2008-09-17 13:08 ]

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2008-09-17 1:17 pm   Permalink

Corpse Canonizer by Kevin aka paranoid123 (NYC)

a contemporary riff on the Corpse Reviver #2, with gin, orange curacao, St. Germain, lemon, Herbsaint, and Aged bitters.

Gantt's Caipirissima by Craig aka Melintur (Portland, OR)

An ingenious take on the classic featuring some of Don's favorite flavors: grapefruit, cinnamon, and Rhum Agricole.

Golden Monkey Grog by Patrick Callahan (San Diego)

Another tiki-traditional tasting drink, with Allspice, maple, and demerara rum.

Mrs. Howell's Spicy Side by Jen aka JenTiki (Alafuckinmeda, CA)

Spiced Rum, orgeat, allspice, ginger, and more- served on the stem.

Congrats to the runners up!!

Look for all of these drinks to debut on our new drink specials menu, starting September 23rd.

Mahalo again to everyone!

Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-17 1:26 pm   Permalink

I'm salivating already!! When will they be available?!

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Melintur
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-17 1:32 pm   Permalink

Congratulations TikiWahine!

Congrats as well to Kevin, Patrick, and Jen. I am honored to be in your company.

w00t!

View Profile of Melintur Send a personal message to Melintur  Email Melintur Goto the website of Melintur ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Little fragrant Tiare
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-17 1:33 pm   Permalink

Congrats to you all!!

View Profile of Little fragrant Tiare Send a personal message to Little fragrant Tiare  Goto the website of Little fragrant Tiare     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-17 1:38 pm   Permalink

Congrats Wahine! And to everyone else who made this a *stiff* competition! I am humbled to get one of mine into the top 5!

Thanks Martiki and the great staff at FI for putting on such a fun and cool contest!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-17 1:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-09-17 13:26, Haole'akamai wrote:
I'm salivating already!! When will they be available?!

Quote:

On 2008-09-17 13:17, martiki wrote:

Look for all of these drinks to debut on our new drink specials menu, starting September 23rd.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-17 2:02 pm   Permalink

Congratulations to all the winners! The recipes all sound delicious and intriguing; the specials menu always has innovative and delicious drinks on it, but this batch will be especially fun to lay my tastebuds on.

Tikiwahine, well done. With Blackstrap, no less! I look forward to finally being able to make something delicious with that stuff. It's like you've won two contests.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-09-17 2:18 pm   Permalink

Congratulations to everyone. Black Betty...bamalam...bet that is good!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pepe le Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-17 2:24 pm   Permalink

Wow! Congratulations Shani!!! I'm not surprised your cocktail won, it's definitely one of my favorites! We'll have to have one tonight to celebrate! Congrats to all the runner-ups too, all those cocktails look really delicious, I hope I get to try them all!!!

View Profile of Pepe le Tiki Send a personal message to Pepe le Tiki  Goto the website of Pepe le Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-17 3:08 pm   Permalink

Congrats! This was such a great idea and so much fun. What a way to get everyone to brainstrom and come up with some great drinks. I can't wait to make another road trip to FI and try them all!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-17 3:38 pm   Permalink

Congrats to the TikiWahine and the runners up!

I'mma be kickin' stones for a while for losing this one!

I've put a
post on the site with a summary of the results... any winners and runners up willing to PM me their recipe and a few notes, I'll to take a nice pic of the drink and parade you about on TraderTiki.com!

TraderTiki.com
Exotic Syrups for Tropical Mixology!

View Profile of Trader Tiki Send a personal message to Trader Tiki  Email Trader Tiki Goto the website of Trader Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
paranoid123
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-17 8:04 pm   Permalink

Cool!! Congratulations Tikiwahine! And to the rest of the runner ups! Thanks Martin for making this contest happen. I had a lot of fun making the drink and testing it on friends and myself.

View Profile of paranoid123 Send a personal message to paranoid123      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-09-17 9:43 pm   Permalink

YAY TikiWahine! wasnt this the drink you were shaking at the first Jet City Junket? well done!!

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation