[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Tiki-Smith's first Post
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Tiki-Smith's first Post
tiki-smith
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-30 4:39 pm   Permalink

Hi All,

I've been busy making some metal tikis and tiki sconces. I make them all myself from steel and use a variety of different finishes. Here's a couple to peek at, and to see the rest, please visit my site at
www.tiki-smith.com

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
the Tiki Smith

View Profile of tiki-smith Send a personal message to tiki-smith  Goto the website of tiki-smith     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ivanchan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-30 4:41 pm   Permalink

These are friggin' awesome.

I especially love the sconces. It's like an updated version of the torchlit tiki sculpture.

Take care,

I.

Ivan Chan Studio: Invite Beauty
http://ivanchan.com

View Profile of ivanchan Send a personal message to ivanchan  Goto the website of ivanchan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-30 4:56 pm   Permalink

Amazing, flat out amazing. I hope your work gets the attention it deserves. The lighting effects are incredible... so are the designs.

www.robbhamel.com

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-30 5:48 pm   Permalink

Awesome stuff! Love the sconces! Pricing?!?!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-08-30 8:10 pm   Permalink

Very nice, Plasma Cutter? CNC?

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-31 06:56 am   Permalink

cooOOOOOooool.
nicely done, good design, as I know steel work is a world of its own. These are strong architectural pieces that would be great in outdoor spaces. They must weigh a ton! lookforward to checking ot your website. Dawn

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-smith
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-31 09:34 am   Permalink

Thanks for the kind words about the work, and big props to MadDogMike with the bionic eye!

View Profile of tiki-smith Send a personal message to tiki-smith  Goto the website of tiki-smith     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-08-31 11:08 am   Permalink

I've got access to a CNC plasma cutter, planning a metal volcano patio firepit. Hope to have it done by this winter
"I want you to shake the freak tree and invite anyone that drops to the ground. Dwarfs and giants, magicians, Zulu tribesmen, contortionists, fire eaters... and priests. We're going to need to confess" Freddy Mercury in "Bohemian Rhapsody

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-smith
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-31 5:05 pm   Permalink

Metal Volcano, Damn! That sounds awesome. Any chance of you posting some pics after it's done?

MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-09-03 8:49 pm   Permalink

Here's a crude plan. If someone builds one before I get a chance, let me know how it works out

Got plans for a similar ceramic mug too.

[ This Message was edited by: MadDogMike 2008-09-03 20:52 ]

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-03 10:28 pm   Permalink

Welcome to TC!
rad work there tiki-smith!
Love the expression on the Hapaki!
These are really cool!
Keep us posted whenever you make some more!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook and now Instagram under Ken Ruzic
AW Jeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
khan_tiki_mon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-22 10:05 pm   Permalink

Just a quick note. I got my first sconce from Tim aka Tiki-smith today. I say first because I'm sure it won't be my last. I wasn't disappointed. I won't have time to get it wired and up until the weekend but expect some pics then.

View Profile of khan_tiki_mon Send a personal message to khan_tiki_mon  Email khan_tiki_mon Goto the website of khan_tiki_mon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-smith
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-09-24 10:01 am   Permalink

Big Mahalo, Khan Tiki Mon!

I'm glad you like it and I'm looking forward to some pics.

-the Tiki Smith

tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-24 11:49 am   Permalink

Awesome! Totally awesome! Just checked out your website too... amazing stuff! Your work is almost abstract, and very cool!

Thanks for posting!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Evil-T

Posted: 2008-09-24 12:00 pm   Permalink

wow! nice stuffs there!

View Profile of Evil-T Send a personal message to Evil-T  Email Evil-T Goto the website of Evil-T     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation