[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Dan's Stuff
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Dan's Stuff
Bali_Dan
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-08-11 09:14 am   Permalink

Watango, Grog, and Congatiki thank you very much. If you guys like them, then I must be getting close to doing something right. Each time I read posts like those I am motivated to do more. The TC community is great and really helps a struggling artist stay motivated.

View Profile of Bali_Dan Send a personal message to Bali_Dan  Goto the website of Bali_Dan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-11 10:02 am   Permalink

WOW! Killer stuff B.D.! You got it going on over there! Keep 'er coming.

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-11 12:02 pm   Permalink

Everything looks awesome. Nice work!

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikilizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-11 12:34 pm   Permalink

I really like your stained carvings and painted carvings as well. The stain fits the carvings perfectly. On the pained items, have you ever tried antiquing? It makes the painted surface look like it's older and removes the crispness of the new paint. I used to use it on Christmas ornaments and one of a kind bird houses to give them an older used or weathered look. IF you do use it I would suggest painting a scrap board similar to your tiki items and tring it out there. Great stuff!

Facebook

View Profile of Tikilizard Send a personal message to Tikilizard  Email Tikilizard Goto the website of Tikilizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-11 9:31 pm   Permalink

Wow! Me really like your work.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-12 10:07 am   Permalink

ME too, Me too, I Really love what yoy are doing with the PNG stuff, Way excellent carves.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bali_Dan
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-08-13 08:41 am   Permalink

Wow, Thank you everyone. Surfintiki, AA, Tikilizard, seeksurf, and Benzart you guys are too kind. I look to you guys stuff for inspiration and it blows me away that you would like what I am doing. I had just finished reading the newest issue of Tiki Magazine and the article on Benzart, then checked my thread and he had posted to my carvings, just blows me away. I am going to go out to the shop, and carve some more. Hope everyone has a great day.

View Profile of Bali_Dan Send a personal message to Bali_Dan  Goto the website of Bali_Dan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
big daddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-13 09:14 am   Permalink

nice pieces dan. totally agree with tikilizard. on the painted pieces try using a glaze if your interested in making it look older. be careful you don't use too much, it can go from really interesting and older looking to wtf rather quickly. so if you do try it use a scrape piece and use light coats until you build up a patina to where you like it. the pieces look great. keep up the good work.

bd

View Profile of big daddy Send a personal message to big daddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-13 11:36 pm   Permalink

[quote]

Amazing Yipwan figure! I like so much this kind of work, can't wait to see finished!!! Gope board is also beautiful and well made....

J.

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation