FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Paul Day Clemens' Tiki Art
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Paul Day Clemens' Tiki Art
Enchanted Tiki Guy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-06 3:39 pm   Permalink

Paul, these paintings are just breathtaking! I love the color schemes you used as well! Excellent my friend!

View Profile of Enchanted Tiki Guy Send a personal message to Enchanted Tiki Guy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Easter Island Elvis
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-09-08 12:54 pm   Permalink

Paul, those pieces are great! That After Hours one is my favorite. I really like the way you use the bright/neon colors. Great job!

View Profile of Easter Island Elvis Send a personal message to Easter Island Elvis  Email Easter Island Elvis Goto the website of Easter Island Elvis     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KreepyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-08 2:04 pm   Permalink

Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement! (The fragile egos of us artists need that once in a while to keep a goin'! )

And mahalos for takin' a peek!

Cheers!

Castaway Clemens

View Profile of KreepyTiki Send a personal message to KreepyTiki  Email KreepyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KreepyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-09 02:16 am   Permalink

Regarding prints of my work...

I've been experimenting. And while I can't yet afford to do lithos or giclees, I've been getting surprisingly good results with first doing a CMYK conversion on Photoshop and then doing a high-end laser print on glossy card stock.

I think folks should be pretty okay with that. And, of course, I'll charge accordingly -- i.e., NOT what a litho or giclee would bring.

Cheers!

View Profile of KreepyTiki Send a personal message to KreepyTiki  Email KreepyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KreepyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-09 02:18 am   Permalink

Okay -- here's my new one --

I call it "Lickatiki"...

...'cause it takes a lickin' and keeps on tikin'! (Sorry! )

Cheers!

[ This Message was edited by: KreepyTiki 2008-09-09 08:42 ]

[ This Message was edited by: KreepyTiki 2008-09-09 14:01 ]

MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-09-09 07:36 am   Permalink

Lickatiki! Have mercy!!! I need a cold shower

I play with graphics a bit (nothing like this) and I too prefer Paintshop Pro (I think I have version 5 or 6), much better than Photo Shop. I'm sure you know, but the reason that the new versions of Paintshop are jacked up is because they sold out to Corel

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-09 07:49 am   Permalink

Great stuff Paul!!

Keep up the good work.

I think I need a cold shower too!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KreepyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-09 10:20 am   Permalink

Thanks, guys!

And now I think I'll go and jump in a cold shower MYSELF before thrusting myself into my next piece... Uhhh, errr, what I MEANT to say was...

Oh, forget I even POSTED this!

Cheers!

Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-09 8:23 pm   Permalink

KREEPYTIKI~
I was all about to blather on about how an artist of your talent should turn away from the mouse and pick up the brush, but then looking at how good your last e-LICK-tronic painting is, well.. just keep making da' art! X-cellent lickin!

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KreepyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-10 08:36 am   Permalink

Thanks for your post, Tiki Shark! VERY appreciated!

And here's a revised version of "Lickatiki" in which I brought out the features of my tiki a lot more and made a few other barely noticeable alterations as well.

Some friends and I are going to be using this image on some business cards for a project we have in development, and the original tiki just doesn't read well when it's reduced down to that small a size.

What do YOU folks think? I'm kinda split on which version I like best.

MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-09-10 09:31 am   Permalink

I like the highlighted tiki better. The only way it could get any better now was if she was twins!!!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-10 10:10 am   Permalink

Now there's a business card!!!!!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KreepyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-10 12:02 pm   Permalink

Hey MadDog!

Far out! Talk about a "double-header"!

Weirdly, I've used that mirror technique before on a few of my other figure and head-study pieces, but hadn't thought of doing it with this one. Anyway, your "twin" idea is pretty damn koolamundo! And so here's my own, further developed version...

And if you don't mind, I'd like to "appropriate" the concept for possible use in my upcoming project (which I can't talk about just yet). After all, the original artwork IS mine!

Also, after some consideration, I've come to agree with you about the highlighted version --the other one just gets too overshadowed by the girl's half of the painting.

Cheers and Mahalos!

Castaway Clemens

Tiki Trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-10 12:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-09-02 20:39, Tiki Trav wrote:

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Trav 2008-09-02 20:39 ]

View Profile of Tiki Trav Send a personal message to Tiki Trav  Email Tiki Trav     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-09-10 12:17 pm   Permalink

By all means . Your refined version is much better than my 5 minute massacre of your artwork

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation