FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Tahitian Resort and Tahitian Gardens, Holiday, FL (motel)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Tahitian Resort and Tahitian Gardens, Holiday, FL (motel)
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-02 5:48 pm   Permalink

Name:Tahitian Resort and Tahitian Gardens
Type:motel
Street:2337 US Highway 19 North
City:Holiday
State:FL
Zip:34691
Phone:

Description:
there was a thread located at
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=3191&forum=1 but it was general tiki, not locating tiki, and there was no address etc etc.

the original picture links were lost in the great shutterfly massacree, but this post by tikisgrl has some great images:

Quote:

On 2007-04-22 14:53, Tikisgrl wrote:
Well Best Western no longer runs the Tahitian Resort and it has sure seen better days. The old pictures that were linked here are gone so I will post mine. Worth a look see but, not much Tiki left or much care taken of the Tiki's that are there. I wouldn't recommend staying there unless you need to be right in that area as the accommodations did not merit even 1 star.

I was told that this particular area was pretty Tikified back in the \"day\". There may be a new Tiki Bar near here very soon as I bumped into a fellow Tiki freak and she is going to open one very soon.

Tikisgrl

i'll go ahead and add my photos of the tahitian resort and gardens although there is a bit of redundancy.

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-02 6:04 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-03 07:55 am   Permalink

yeesh.

That place looks a little neglected.

Not sure I'd stay there unless I was wrapped in plastic.
Which happens a lot more than you'd think.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-03 08:58 am   Permalink

Amazing that as run down as it is, the tikis seem to have been repaired in J$ pics since the previous pics. I am assuming that white stuff is bondo or some other patch material.

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-03 09:41 am   Permalink

I have been intrigued by this place ever since Jeff Berry showed me his first Florida trip pics in the 90s, because its architecture and Tikis are such unique examples of mid-century Tiki Modern....and I have never made it there, nor have I seen any good vintage paper ephemera that do these Tikis justice. I am glad it is still standing and is being documented.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-03 10:45 am   Permalink

I wonder if they'd be amenable to the Gumbo Limbos coming in and doing some painting on those tikis. They're probably some of the foremost experts in the world at this time in painting concrete tikis to look vintage.

That would be a killer party.

Tell them we're coming in for a weekend to restore the tikis, clean the place up a bit and throw a luau and we'll bring some press people and in return we get free room and board for that event and a subsequent event.

I'd bring my weed-eater, tree trimmer, hedge clippers, ukuleles and a bunch of paint and rum to an event like that.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-03 10:46 am   Permalink

I'll bet you Palm Farmer Johnny would bring some palms and bamboo and (lesser) grasses there too.

Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-03 11:07 am   Permalink

from my observation of (not interaction with) the current management staff, we would need someone who spoke urdu or something along those lines to communicate effectively.

[ This Message was edited by: Johnny Dollar 2008-09-03 11:07 ]

Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2008-09-03 11:28 am   Permalink

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-04 10:16 am   Permalink

tiki
ur duin it rong

Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-04 10:44 am   Permalink

Anybody go in the Starlanding Lounge?

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-30 09:52 am   Permalink

i found a postcard of this place this weekend. will scan and post soon - HELLO

[ This Message was edited by: Johnny Dollar 2010-08-30 09:52 ]

Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-31 7:12 pm   Permalink

So Johnny Dollar, lets see the postcard. Can't remeber seeing one from here before.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-02 05:53 am   Permalink

my scanner, she is busted - so here is the best i can do until i can get it scanned and re-upped.

Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-02 05:57 am   Permalink

so this tiki is the one whose butt we see in the above postcard -

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation