FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Mai Kai - Favorite Drink?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
Mai Kai - Favorite Drink?
Hurricane Hayward
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-17 09:08 am   Permalink

Wow, looks like a great time. Glad to be of assistance.

I'm thinking of adding another resource to the blog that could come in handy: A guide to what ingredients are needed to make all The Mai-Kai cocktails, similar to the Beachbum Berry books. Then you can be ready at a moment's notice to make any of them. I think I've finally come to the end of the line for recipes. The only one not listed is the Mai-Kai Cappuccino, but that's just coffee and rum.

http://www.slammie.com/atomicgrog/blog/mai-kai-cocktail-guide/mai-kai-cocktail-recipes/

View Profile of Hurricane Hayward Send a personal message to Hurricane Hayward  Email Hurricane Hayward Goto the website of Hurricane Hayward     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-17 11:47 am   Permalink

I was doing that in my head as I was picking out cocktails. Those four cocktails require a minimum of ingredients. Orange, lime, white grapefruit, dark jamaican rum, gold jamaican rum, silver puerto rican rum, pimento dram, honey mix, simple syrup, falernum. I believe. That's from memory.

Anyway, the recipes and tributes are GREATLY appreciated. I guess the only work you have left to do is track down old bartenders Beachbum style and get them to spill their guts on record.

EDIT: Of course, I kid. Love The Atomic Grog. You've done a fantastic job.

[ This Message was edited by: Hale Tiki 2013-06-17 11:48 ]

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hurricane Hayward
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-25 12:06 am   Permalink

One more tribute recipe has been posted ...

Check out the story behind the Impatient Virgin:
http://www.slammie.com/atomicgrog/blog/2012/09/28/lost-cocktails-of-the-mai-kai-uncovering-the-influential-impatient-virgin/

View Profile of Hurricane Hayward Send a personal message to Hurricane Hayward  Email Hurricane Hayward Goto the website of Hurricane Hayward     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sunny&Rummy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-25 07:21 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-06-25 00:06, Hurricane Hayward wrote:
One more tribute recipe has been posted ...

Check out the story behind the Impatient Virgin:
http://www.slammie.com/atomicgrog/blog/2012/09/28/lost-cocktails-of-the-mai-kai-uncovering-the-influential-impatient-virgin/

Thanks Hurricane! I think I'll give the new Tribute a spin tonight!

View Profile of Sunny&Rummy Send a personal message to Sunny&Rummy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation