FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Girl Scout Cookies?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Girl Scout Cookies?
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-13 12:57 am   Permalink

Mmmmmmmmmmm! Samoas!!!!!

G.D. Girl Scouts!!!!!!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thebaxdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-13 07:25 am   Permalink

I just want to eat a Brownie!

View Profile of thebaxdog Send a personal message to thebaxdog  Email thebaxdog Goto the website of thebaxdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-13 07:38 am   Permalink

Those evil little girls! My kitchen is now littered with half eaten boxes of cookies....

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-03-13 09:14 am   Permalink

I like to take 2 Samoas and put a thin mint in the middle and make a sandwich. Goes great with beer.

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thor
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-03-13 11:03 am   Permalink

My house is having a tasting contest. We have purchased every kind of cookie and a tally is kept.

So far, AllAbouts and ThinMints are in the lead.

View Profile of Thor Send a personal message to Thor  Email Thor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-13 5:04 pm   Permalink

Have you tried the Aloha Chip cookies?? Not as rich as the other Girl Scout cookies but they've got Macadamia nuts, which is nice...

Aloha from the enchanted Pi Yi Lanai in exotic Bel Air MD!

[ This Message was edited by: johntiki on 2003-03-13 17:04 ]

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-14 01:41 am   Permalink

"Are they made from real Girl Scouts"
-Wednesday Addams - The Addams Family

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-14 05:49 am   Permalink

Boycot those assholes in front of Walmart, etc.! Why? Girl A goes out and gets 100 people in her neighborhood and church and parents friends to buy a box of cookies and puts inher order. Girl B with the rich parents sells zero boxes, except the 300 she "sells" to her parents so she can be the top seller. Then she and her mom, who has no job, nor a need for one, sit in front of the grocery store all day selling those cookies. Rich bastards! I want to set fire to their boxes of cookies! Make them eat all the damn cookies they bought! How about a little honest work for a change! AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate you bastards!!!!!!

Well, that's how I feel. "Wanna buy a some Girl Scout cookies?" "Hell no, goddammitt!!"

"Mai-Kai: History & Mystery of the Iconic Tiki Restaurant" the book

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-14 05:58 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-03-13 17:04, johntiki wrote:
Have you tried the Aloha Chip cookies??

if y're a real glut like me, you might enjoy stuffing yr face w/ a samoa & an aloha at the same time!

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-14 06:46 am   Permalink

Whoa whoa Swanky. Have a Thin Mint.

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-14 07:01 am   Permalink

I agree, the world would be a happier place if everybody at a thin mint!

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-14 08:31 am   Permalink

Hey Swanky, don't beat around the bush. Tell us how you really feel...

I usually wait until I see the girls outside Walmart or Target to buy my Girl Scout cookies. That way I don't have to deal with the pressure of buying cookies from every one of my co-workers kids. I always end up buying more than I wanted to because if I buy from one mom, then I have to buy from another and so on, and so on.

Plus, waiting allows me to pick the ones I really want since I'm not buying out of obligation but out of choice.

I used this same technique to buy my tiki mugs too - all of 3 them!

Poly-Pop *

[ This Message was edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-03-14 08:32 ]

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-14 09:03 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-03-14 08:31, PolynesianPop wrote:

I used this same technique to buy my tiki mugs too - all of 3 them!

Yeah, I too prefer to buy my mugs from outside Walmart or Target, rather than from my co-workers kids!

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-14 09:14 am   Permalink

Ole Ole's with coffe! Score!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-14 09:31 am   Permalink

Since I'm diabetic, I flash my Medic Alert bracelet like I'm Steve McGarrett from Hawaii 5-0, and say "no thanks" (and cringe inside since I LOVED G.S. cookies as a kid). Three years ago, they used to have sugar-free cookies, but only had them on the market for 1 year, and supposidely didn't reach their sales goal as expected, so they pulled them.

Bummer for me because they were good.

(almost)SugarFreeCaddyDaddy

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation