Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Diane Webber, mermaid, RIP
Diane Webber, mermaid, RIP
heelgrinder
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-09 12:11 pm   Permalink

Iconic mermaid model Diane Webber has died. She was 76. Webber became the quintessential mermaid with her starring role in the 1962 film Mermaids of Tiburon. Loren Coleman has an obituary over at Cryptomundo. And don't miss the magnificent scene from Mermaids of Tiburon viewable on YouTube.

Mermaid Queen Has Died (Cryptomundo), Mermaids of Tiburon (YouTube)

[ This Message was edited by: heelgrinder 2008-09-09 12:13 ]

View Profile of heelgrinder Send a personal message to heelgrinder  Email heelgrinder Goto the website of heelgrinder     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
javabachelor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-09 4:09 pm   Permalink

This is sad news indeed. She has always been one of my favorite pin-ups gals. If people want to see more of her pin-ups, I have a gallery on my website: http://www.javasbachelorpad.com/webber.html

View Profile of javabachelor Send a personal message to javabachelor  Email javabachelor Goto the website of javabachelor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-09 10:55 pm   Permalink

I watched that Youtube clip. Very cool. She was very beautiful. Swam real good in that mermaid gear, too.

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HelloTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-09 11:14 pm   Permalink

Hubba Hubba. and R.I.P.

View Profile of HelloTiki Send a personal message to HelloTiki  Email HelloTiki Goto the website of HelloTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
procinema29
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-12 6:32 pm   Permalink

Webber was very, very recognizable wherever she happened to pop up...in a magazine, on an album cover, in a movie. She did some wonderful things. RIP.

View Profile of procinema29 Send a personal message to procinema29      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation