[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Travel Travelling to Portland OR around Hallowen help
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Travelling to Portland OR around Hallowen help
BrokenHeartTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-09-15 12:57 pm   Permalink

I am looking to make a solo personal journey to the everlovin west. I am really thinkin about the Portland area around halloween. Does anyone have suggestions on where to stay, drink, sightsee, etc. Any input would be welcomed and appreciated.

View Profile of BrokenHeartTiki Send a personal message to BrokenHeartTiki  Email BrokenHeartTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Balls
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-09-16 06:41 am   Permalink

First off, hopefully you'll get lucky on the weather and it won't be gray and raining! For tiki drinking, hit Thatch for drinks and decor, and the Alibi for the decor. Doug Fir is a good place to stay. Depending on your interests, there are lots of things to see and do in the area.

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crushenstein
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-09-25 1:29 pm   Permalink

hey,

my Cramps tribute band is playing on October 30th (Ash St. Saloon), October 31st (House Party in N. Portland) and November 1st (Twighlight Cafe, 2 different sets). If you find yourself hankering for some cramps songs, come check i out.

Noland

View Profile of crushenstein Send a personal message to crushenstein  Goto the website of crushenstein     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sparklegem
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-26 07:58 am   Permalink

I have not make it to Thatch, but LOVE the Alabi. Be sure to drive down Interstate Avenue (the street that the Alabi is on) to check out the neon and watch for the little blue monkey! Although not tikified, my favorites are The Original (the original, Original) Pancake House (on Barbur) and Escape from New York Pizza (on NW 23rd).

View Profile of sparklegem Send a personal message to sparklegem      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BettyBleu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-03 7:21 pm   Permalink

church of elvis and voodoo donuts.

View Profile of BettyBleu Send a personal message to BettyBleu  Email BettyBleu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-03 9:55 pm   Permalink

oh damn, I saw a segment about that Voodoo donuts place,
then forgot about it when I was there last year.
damn damn damn.
;-(

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes

Posted: 2008-10-03 11:59 pm   Permalink

the velvet museum

and eat across the street at The Screen Door. Praline Bacon Waffles, nuff said.

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crushenstein
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-10-04 09:27 am   Permalink

the church of elvis, sadly is no longer open...and when at voodoo donut, get the bacon maple bar! it's exactly how it sounds, 2 strips of bacon on a maple bar. delicious!

View Profile of crushenstein Send a personal message to crushenstein  Goto the website of crushenstein     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BettyBleu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-06 6:56 pm   Permalink

I heard the church of elvis is back...

View Profile of BettyBleu Send a personal message to BettyBleu  Email BettyBleu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crushenstein
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-10-06 7:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-10-06 18:56, BettyBleu wrote:
I heard the church of elvis is back...

Really??!?!!?! Where is their new location? I gotta go!

BettyBleu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-06 10:07 pm   Permalink

Here's the website with the address. It is pretty close to VooDoo Doughnut.
http://www.24hourchurchofelvis.com/

crushenstein
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-10-07 2:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-10-06 22:07, BettyBleu wrote:
Here's the website with the address. It is pretty close to VooDoo Doughnut.
http://www.24hourchurchofelvis.com/

holy crap! how did i miss that? thanks BettyBleu! also, Voodoo has another location across the river @ 13th and Couch. the building is way cooler than the one downtown and there's never a line. oh, and they have a jukebox and pinball!

Noland

Tiki Kupcake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-09 11:31 am   Permalink

Thatch is a must. As is the Alibi, the Palms Motor Hotel sign, Voodoo doughnuts, and the Velveteria. I've been to all soooo many times and keep going back more for. As for the 24 hour church of Elvis, I have been waiting and waiting for it to re-open. They have the door from the old one at the Morrison Hotel. Unfortunately, the weddings are not available at this time. Guess I will have to recant the email I just sent to Drew saying that we are getting married... Do go check out the 24 hour Church of Elvis though, it's been closed for 4 years.

View Profile of Tiki Kupcake Send a personal message to Tiki Kupcake  Goto the website of Tiki Kupcake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BettyBleu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-09 11:29 pm   Permalink

I cruised by the Church of Elvis alleged new location a few weekends ago on a late nite adventure to lay my lips around a C&B donut and it is indeed not open....yet. The rumors were only that. It is merely an empty storefront - but the outdoor signage promises a reopening. Promises, promises. (sigh)

Tiki Kupcake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-10 09:42 am   Permalink

Yeah, Drew and I drove by it last night and all we saw was the sign. It will be interesting to see if it really happens or not.

View Profile of Tiki Kupcake Send a personal message to Tiki Kupcake  Goto the website of Tiki Kupcake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation