FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Tiki bbq cart.
Tiki bbq cart.
Tiki Shaker
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-09-19 7:53 pm   Permalink

I live in a small apartment complex and therefor have a small bbq. But I just had it on a little stand that I would have to pic up and carry into the courtyard to grill. I wanted to get a stand with wheels for it, so I could wheel it out. I couldn't find and stands/carts that I liked so I came up with this solution. I picked up an tv cart at an estate sale. It was a typical 80's oak tv stand. Not exactly attractive. So, I went my local tiki store and bought some items to spiff it up.

Trimmed out in bamboo and a tiki plaque.

Each side has a handle and the right side has a bottle opener (right handed)

and I had just enough bamboo to cover the edges of the back side.

For some reason, the shark tasted so much better when it was grilled with this handy new cart!

View Profile of Tiki Shaker Send a personal message to Tiki Shaker  Email Tiki Shaker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-09-20 6:42 pm   Permalink

I like it. Here's another link about tiki-fying BBQs. I need to do something with mine

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=28092&forum=18

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shaker
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-09-23 8:44 pm   Permalink

Thanks MadDog. I'm pretty happy with it. I had to go out and get a little 7 dollar saw and a staple gun (I already had hammer and nails). It's funny, being in a small apartment you don't normally need any tools. It was funny sawing bamboo on my kitchen counter. My neighbors heard all the sawing and banging.. but I kept the door closed until I was done. They were pretty amused when I finally rolled it out!

View Profile of Tiki Shaker Send a personal message to Tiki Shaker  Email Tiki Shaker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation