FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Old pics pg.3----Tonga Hut 50th Anniversary Party Oct. 25, 2008
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Old pics pg.3----Tonga Hut 50th Anniversary Party Oct. 25, 2008
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-20 10:00 pm   Permalink

Im looking forward to the big party... congrats to the tonga hut for stayin tiki for 50 years, not many bars can say that, Here is my lil contribution to big night, some new tonga hut pendants based on the big tiki outside , I will have a limited amount available that night..

I know this guy thinks there cool..

see ya there...kirby

Kirby's Island.com****Facebook**

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-10-20 11:27 pm   Permalink

Kirby doing Tiki Art again?!!!!! How long has it been--- two years?

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-10-21 12:56 am   Permalink

Great old photos Grog thanks for sharing, makes me think if I kept looking long enough I would see my parents appear in those old photos how fun! Looking forward to checking out the art, having Kirby's pendant & some great NEW drinks too. Polly & I are bringing our camp chairs to sit out front we always end up chatting half the time out there anyway. See ya Sat. night...

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-21 07:56 am   Permalink

Maybe I should bring a chair so I can sit with you two.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-21 08:36 am   Permalink

I saw Kirby Saturday night and he even revealed that he is picking up the chisels again . I cant wait to see his new creations .

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-21 08:41 am   Permalink

Kirby even shaved too!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tyger jymmy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-22 9:17 pm   Permalink

yea I wanna have him do another Painting for Me . Busty Leopard ect /

View Profile of tyger jymmy Send a personal message to tyger jymmy  Email tyger jymmy Goto the website of tyger jymmy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-23 2:24 pm   Permalink

Oh boy! One more day until the big event!

Kirby, the pendants look awesome!

See everybody on Saturday!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-23 4:22 pm   Permalink

thanks...tobunga, isnt it 2 days away?

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-23 6:19 pm   Permalink

Er, yer right Kirby... two days... I'm going to the new Beverly Hills Luau tomorrow night, so I'm getting my days that I'm doing cool tiki things confused...

Anyway, Tonga Hut, Saturday Nite... I'll be there AND be square!

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-24 08:11 am   Permalink

OK, now it's really a day away, and I'm so excited!!! Can't wait until tomorrow nite!!!

http://ericoctober.com

OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-24 08:16 am   Permalink

i will be there early. i anticipate the place to be packed, wall to wall, so i am gonna get my fix before the meat gets packed in. hopefully will see some folks there.
Happy 50th Tonga!

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-24 08:28 am   Permalink

OceaOtica, how early is "early", Noon?

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-24 09:02 am   Permalink

On 2008-10-24 07:56, Dustycajun wrote:
Nice article and photo of the Tonga Hut in today's Los Angeles Times for the 50th anniversary.

http://search.latimes.com/search?q=tonga+hut&site=default_collection&entqr=3&output=xml_no_dtd&sort=date%3AD%3AL%3Ad1&client=latimes&ud=1&oe=UTF-8&proxystylesheet=latimes&getfields=thumbnail_small.author.pubdate
[/quote]

**Kirby's Island.com****Facebook**

Marty Lush
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-10-24 11:19 am   Permalink

THose photos are priceless! The interesting thing is that it has changed little. Many of the decor items in the photos are still there!!!! And after an evening of $3 happy hour well drinks, you start seeing people like that

View Profile of Marty Lush Send a personal message to Marty Lush  Email Marty Lush     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation