FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events The Smokin' Menehunes are back at the Kitchen Friday! 11/21/08 7-9pm
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
The Smokin' Menehunes are back at the Kitchen Friday! 11/21/08 7-9pm
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-10-22 9:00 pm   Permalink

WooHoo! Only two more days
Quote:

On 2008-10-17 07:36, WooHooWahine wrote:
Hot off the COCONUT-BONG wire: The Smokin' Menehunes will be playing the Catalina Fish Kitchen on Friday, October 24th from 7:00 to 9:00.

See their Myspace page here: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=177595352

This is a fun, family-friendly venue freeway close in the heart of Orange County.

Catalina Fish Kitchen
19171 Magnolia St (about a mile south of the 405)
Huntington Beach, CA 92646
(714) 963-9921

[ This Message was edited by: WooHooWahine 2008-10-22 21:02 ]

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-22 10:50 pm   Permalink

hey Boys, can we get a few different songs than the same ol set?

not that its bad,
just liven it up a but with a few new ones.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-22 11:51 pm   Permalink

I saw them the last time they were there and it was great . I recomend the shrimp gumbo but order 2 . One just gets you started . This is so much more intimate of a show than when I saw them play the Staples center .

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-23 07:29 am   Permalink

We have a song list of over 60 songs.

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-23 07:55 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-10-22 23:51, TIKI-RAY wrote:
I saw them the last time they were there and it was great . I recomend the shrimp gumbo but order 2 . One just gets you started . This is so much more intimate of a show than when I saw them play the Staples center .

That was a great gig, Tiki Ray!

KISS was so cool about letting us open for them. Backstage, Gene Simmons and I were trading bass playing tips, and he taught me a bit about platform shoes and firebreathing. It's funny, Paul Stanley told us basically the same thing that Big Tiki Dude did, mainly, that our songs are painfully boring and that we need to liven things up a bit.

Hence, the firebreathing and blood splurting lessons I got from Gene. Though I happen to think that the Hawaiian songs we play are some of the best classics in Hawaiian music from the golden age of tiki, I can see how some people might disagree. But it's going to be hard to talk Pat into playing surf rock, you know? He is kind of set in his ways.

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-23 6:57 pm   Permalink

I'm not saying play surf, Im saying play some dif songs.
if possible,
if not, Im fine with the same old songs.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-24 6:03 pm   Permalink

leaving soon for this,
who else is going?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-10-24 10:04 pm   Permalink

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-11-17 5:52 pm   Permalink

Bumpin' for a new date!!! For those who can't make it to Glendale or Sunset Beach Beach this Friday...Can we do all three???? Not this time unfortunately!!!
This just in: The Smokin' M's playing at Catalina Fish Kitchen on 11/21/08 at 7:00

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-17 6:46 pm   Permalink

doh

WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-11-21 06:24 am   Permalink

If you haven't see The Smokin Menehunes play at The Catalina Fish Kitchen tonights the night

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-11-21 11:12 am   Permalink

See their Myspace page here: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=177595352

This is a fun, family-friendly venue freeway close in the heart of Orange County.

Catalina Fish Kitchen
19171 Magnolia St (about a mile south of the 405)
Huntington Beach, CA 92646
(714) 963-9921

(7-9pm 11/21/08)

lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-24 4:14 pm   Permalink

There were other events going on in the tiki world that night, but we had a full crowd, and I mean FULL. There was nowhere to sit this time. I like to think it is because the Smoking Menehunes were there, but it could also be that the parking lot was finally opened up!! (they just opened the Home Depot next door)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation