FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events ON AGAIN!! Set Sail at Hukilau 2009 Updated!!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
ON AGAIN!! Set Sail at Hukilau 2009 Updated!!
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-22 11:16 am   Permalink

Aloha Hukilau Villagers!

It's official - Hukilau June 11 - 14, 2009
TheHukilau.com

With the survival of The Hukilau and the Mai-Kai, Hukilau 2009 is sure to be one of the most celebrated years ever for the World's Most Intimate Tiki Event!! Read below for this special pre-sell of a three hour tour aboard the Tikki Beach Boat!!

Set sail on a voyage through the Venice of America as we bring back one of the most memorable moments (we sailed the Tikki Beach in 2004) in Hukilau's 7 year history - a Three Hour Tour aboard the Tikki Beach with an exclusive performance by the Stolen Idols!!!

Three Hour Tour 2009 (Cruise FAQ's below)
CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE TICKETS!
LIMITED TO 150 PEOPLE
Sets sail 6:00pm Friday, June 12, 2009
(time of departure subject to change - later, not earlier)
CLICK HERE FOR THE TIKKI BEACH SLIDESHOW!
$80 PER PERSON
(tickets are non-refundable but are transferable)
That might seem like alot to you but here's what you get:
An authentic Mai-Kai Rum Punch cocktail - complimentary as you board
A 3 Hour Tour of the inter coastal waterways of Fort Lauderdale, better known as the "Venice of America"
Complimentary appetizers and Polynesian delights
A "Cruise Only" Hukilau keepsake
An exclusive performance by the Exotica band "Stolen Idols"
One of the lucky 150 to enjoy this experience with the 'ohana!

The Hukilau 2009 website will go live in early November with all the weekend details but here's what you can expect!
*A 3 Hour Cruise Aboard the Tikki Beach Boat
*An Unforgettable Evening at the Historic Mai-Kai Restaurant
*1st Ever Hukilau Room Crawl
*An Exclusive Pendant made by Tiki Tony
*A Entirely New Experience from Jeff "Beachbum" Berry
*Intoxicating Rythms
*Take Home Tiki Treasures
THE WORLD'S MOST INTIMATE TIKI CELEBRATION!

CRUISE FAQ's
*When is the cruise? 3:30pm on June 12, 2009 - we dock at the Bahia Mar (beside the Bahia Cabana)
*What do we wear? Your favorite Aloha wear!
*Why are we pre-selling? We must pay a deposit on the boat and make payment in full prior to December to secure our date!!
*Can I bring my own Tiki mug aboard? Sure! But not those over the top king sized ones! Each cocktail will be poured in the same fashion as in a normal cocktail cup that is served aboard the boat - want it filled? - simply pay for 2.
*Will you have another cruise throughout the weekend? It's unlikely but a possibility - don't wait to purchase in hopes of this though!!
*Will their be Polynesian Cocktails available aboard? The Tikki Beach will serve one authentic Polynesian Cocktail which will be chosen by Tiki Kiliki. You can purchase mixed drinks, beer, wine and sodas aboard a la carte.
*Who are the Stolen Idols!? An incredible Exotica band from Tampa, FL. You can heard 3 tracks on the Hukilau website or visit Stolen Idols!!!

Bring your own Tiki mug, your sense of adventure, your cameras, vintage swimsuits (there's a hot tub aboard!!) and don't miss this trip of a lifetime!!

Don't wait!! Purchase now!!
We'll see you in June 2009!

The Hukilau

[ This Message was edited by: tiki_kiliki 2009-01-21 07:46 ]

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-22 12:03 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Martiki-bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-22 12:08 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Martiki-bird Send a personal message to Martiki-bird  Email Martiki-bird Goto the website of Martiki-bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-22 12:15 pm   Permalink

WHOA! :D:D

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiLaLe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-22 1:13 pm   Permalink

Cruise the waterways of the rich and foreclosed..

View Profile of TikiLaLe Send a personal message to TikiLaLe  Email TikiLaLe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-22 1:17 pm   Permalink

I don't think that's necessarily in the spirit of it all Tikilale....

It will be a great trip and we'll get to see the older homes of Lucille Ball and other celebs!!

Thanks for those that have already purchased your tickets!! We are well on our way to making this such an amazing trip!!

The Hukilau

[ This Message was edited by: tiki_kiliki 2008-09-22 13:17 ]

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-22 3:04 pm   Permalink

Thanks, Christie!

Looking forward to another fantastic event again next year.

Zulu

View Profile of ZuluMagoo Send a personal message to ZuluMagoo  Email ZuluMagoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leisure master
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-22 3:26 pm   Permalink

In!

Thanks TK - sounds like a really good time.

It's kinda nice to think about next summer as fall descends upon us...

View Profile of leisure master Send a personal message to leisure master  Email leisure master     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikipaka
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-09-22 4:07 pm   Permalink

Thanks Christie, just got our tickets and we're in. Hopefully the weather will be great and everything will go as planned. And this time we'll have a together and just don't do a cannonball into the hot tub! See you then and thanks again.

[Over the hill and scraping my way up the other side, but I'll be damned if I'm going down with out a fight!]

MYSPACE

[ This Message was edited by: tikipaka 2008-10-23 01:43 ]

View Profile of tikipaka Send a personal message to tikipaka  Email tikipaka Goto the website of tikipaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lildeuce32
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-09-22 7:21 pm   Permalink

Oh cool! I'll finally get to go to the Hukilau! I'm going to request the time off from work the moment I get in to work tomorrow.

View Profile of lildeuce32 Send a personal message to lildeuce32  Email lildeuce32 Goto the website of lildeuce32     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lildeuce32
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-09-22 7:27 pm   Permalink

3 Hour Tour? This reminds me of the theme to Gilligan's Island. Ha ha

"Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,
a tale of a fateful trip.
That started from this tropic port,
aboard this tiny ship.

The mate was a mighty sailing man,
the skipper brave and sure.
Five passengers set sail that day,
*********for a three hour tour.
*************a three hour tour.**************

The weather started getting rough,
the tiny ship was tossed.
If not for the courage of the fearless crew,
the Minnow would be lost,
the Minnow would be lost.

The ship took ground on the shore of this
uncharted desert isle,
with Giligan, the skipper too,
The millionaire, and his wife,
The movie star,
The professor, and MaryAnn,
here on Gilligan's Isle.

So this is the tale of our castaways,
they're here for a long, long time.
They'll have to make the best of things,
it's an uphill climb.

The first mate, and his skipper too,
will do their very best
to make the others comfortable
in this tropic island nest.

No Phones, No lights, No Motorcars,
Not a single luxury.
Like Robinson Crusoe
It's primitive as can be.

So join us here each week, my friend,
you're sure to get a smile,
from seven stranded castaways,
Here on Gilligan's Isle!

View Profile of lildeuce32 Send a personal message to lildeuce32  Email lildeuce32 Goto the website of lildeuce32     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-22 7:57 pm   Permalink

Just bought our tickets!

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-22 8:50 pm   Permalink

I did it!

I'll be there!

I'm finally going!

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-24 04:44 am   Permalink

Everyone remember to wear sunscreen. Ladies, you may want to bring a parasol or other fashionable shade device..... you will not only be sailing through the Venice of America, you will be sailing under the South Florida Sun. The view (and company) will be amazing! The possible sunburn will make the rest of your weekend miserable.

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-24 05:27 am   Permalink

Yes you will be sailing through the Venice of America....AND...the South Florida sun. Listen to Chip and Andy, and me as a former resident. The sun is very warm and frightening if you don't take precautions. As we do every year on our website, we encourage you to wear your sunscreen, sunglasses, beach hats and yes, bring those beautiful parasols while sailing the 3 hour cruise.

Also, there is a lower deck with lots of seating for those that can't handle the sun for too long. That's most likely where I will be!

The Hukilau

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation