FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Mauna Kai Lounge
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Mauna Kai Lounge
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-09 4:03 pm   Permalink

Any bright ideas?

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Pupu Pants
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-09 4:58 pm   Permalink

Hi Kahuna!
I'm planning to use this stuff on mine. I recommended to palapala and they used it with a great result.

http://bamboohardwoods.com/items.asp?Cc=WOVEN&amp

View Profile of Mr. Pupu Pants Send a personal message to Mr. Pupu Pants  Email Mr. Pupu Pants     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-09 8:17 pm   Permalink

Where in the room are you going to use it, PuPu! May I call you PuPu?

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-09 10:30 pm   Permalink

Big Kahuna,

Here's a couple of ceiling ideas from Bob Lee's Islander for a ... well more mod look.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikipaka
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-03-10 12:48 am   Permalink

Wow, I'm liking this idea myself.

Quote:
Here's a couple of ceiling ideas from Bob Lee's Islander for a ... well more mod look.

That mod look kind of reminds me of the new fabric we just put on our rattan set. Think maybe I'll steal this one.

Big Kahuna, I loving those lamps you got for a measly $5.00. What a score.

More pics soon, please..

View Profile of tikipaka Send a personal message to tikipaka  Email tikipaka Goto the website of tikipaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-10 10:44 am   Permalink

Yeah the lamp with the fish on it looks real purdy like when its lit.

$5.00 you cant go wrong you lucky guy!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-10 3:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-03-08 19:37, Big Kahuna wrote:
finally hung the $5.00 swag lamps I scored last Fall. I still can't believe I scored those lamps for $5.00 apiece!

I'll give you double that!

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-10 3:21 pm   Permalink

I've got 2 of the fish lamps. Not sure what I'm gonna do with the other one.

leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-10 3:24 pm   Permalink

You should send it to me. I will love it like no other

Hang it of course. You can always jam more stuff into your tiki room/bar. The more the merrier!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikipaka
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-03-11 01:52 am   Permalink

Woooooooooo there, i just read that last comment. Extra fish lamp, not sure of what you're doing with it? I'll see that doubling price and raise it another fitdy! Damn it all to hell. I'll probably never coming across one of these lamps up here in my neck of the woods. But, I'll keep on looking and searching. Any more work done in this lovely room of yours there? I just don't see anymore room on that ceiling for that little old extra fishy lamp.

View Profile of tikipaka Send a personal message to tikipaka  Email tikipaka Goto the website of tikipaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikipaka
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-03-11 02:01 am   Permalink

Hey there, come to think of it, that extra fishy lamp would look great hanging in my living room. The colors are perfect for it. Don't you think... You see, my now living room, use to be my old dining room. So right smack in the middle is a hanging lamp that has to be moved to the current dinning room.

That lamp would just look great! OK now I'm making a wish... Let's see if it comes true..

Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-11 6:47 pm   Permalink

Sorry to get everyone excited. I didn't mean I was looking to get rid of it. I think I'm just gonna sit on it for now. I'm sure I could make a kool trade with someone here or I could put it on fleabay & generate some much needed dough to finish the room, but I may end up using it & I'm not ready to part with it just yet. Honestly, guys, I never thought I would come across such a thing around here, either. I do a lot of hunting, waste a lot of time & gas & sometimes get lucky. I scored a Polynesian Pigeon mug from the Mauna Loa for $15.00 & these lamps for $5.00 apiece, as well as, a great pair of rattan chairs for $90.00. More often, I find nothing or maybe a common mug. I truly enjoy the hunt, often driving around on my day off, by myself, with a cold Mountain Dew & some kool tunes playing in my truck. The day I found the lamps was a Sunday when my wife & kids had gone away for the weekend to visit my father-in-law. I had been meaning to hit this flea-market for 20 years, but never got around to it. I guess I picked the right day. I spent about 8 hours on the road that day & found nothing else the rest of the day, but my first stop at the flea-market made the whole day worthwhile. So, keep looking. this stuff is out there. I've found some of my best scores in unexpected places. Happy hunting & don't forget to post your treasures in Tiki Finds & Beyond Tiki Finds.
Mahalo,
Rick

tikipaka
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-03-12 5:29 pm   Permalink

Not a problem, I really wasn't expecting you to give it up.. I wouldn't.. Just keep posting progress pictures on that tiki room of yours.. I can admire the fish lamps each time they show up in a photo..

tikipaka
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-12-03 01:51 am   Permalink

Bump! Progress? Update photos please..

Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-03 08:10 am   Permalink

Did ya get anything figured out for the ceiling?

I might go the burlap route myself. But I also toyed with the idea of stuffing styrofoam sheets that look like lava rock (or are at least painted black) between the joists. However, that may take a long while...

Your ceiling looks just like mine, so I'm curious to see how you resolve this.

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation