FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving indian chief palm frond pg. 8
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
indian chief palm frond pg. 8
mijaba
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-09-25 5:41 pm   Permalink

I am new to tiki crafting in the physical realm (about 3 months). As I don't have good photos yet, please feel free to enjoy and or download some of my digital tiki art (they make for some good wallpapers)

[ This Message was edited by: mijaba 2014-03-03 12:36 ]

View Profile of mijaba Send a personal message to mijaba  Email mijaba     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mijaba
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-09-25 5:53 pm   Permalink

Here's an animated myspace banner

[ This Message was edited by: mijaba 2008-09-25 18:00 ]

View Profile of mijaba Send a personal message to mijaba  Email mijaba     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mijaba
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-09-25 6:02 pm   Permalink

A nice slice of paradise

HOUSE OF KU
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-26 01:48 am   Permalink

Nice work....Welcome aboard Freddie

View Profile of HOUSE OF KU Send a personal message to HOUSE OF KU  Email HOUSE OF KU     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mijaba
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-09-29 1:21 pm   Permalink

Thanks! I'm working on some photo's of my "tiki" carving, so I can get them up-- soon.

surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-29 5:34 pm   Permalink

Nice! I love looking at that kinda stuff...you really get to see into the imagination of the artist. Can't wait to see a real-world tiki carving from ya!!!

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-30 7:20 pm   Permalink

Cool! Luv the volcano in the last one. It adds a lot of depth to the image. Nice work!

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mijaba
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-01-03 11:26 pm   Permalink

these are pendants- and all earlier stuff. sorry for the bad photos and rudimentary skill. My newer ones are better. I will get some up soon. Maybe some better shots of these as well.

[ This Message was edited by: mijaba 2009-01-03 23:28 ]

mijaba
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-01-04 08:10 am   Permalink

another older one, alien pendant:

skull

mood tiki (flip-side will be sad)

frog (does not hop)

my personal tiki- glows in the dark (used fingernail polish, then heavy poly)

keep in mind I'm a novice and I use a dremel on wooden dowels.
I need to work on my symmetry, cleaner lines and finer details, as you can all tell.

[ This Message was edited by: mijaba 2009-01-04 08:12 ]

hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-04 08:30 am   Permalink

I like your work, I am not sure if you should try and make the lines perfect and clear, it looks fine just the way it is. Your work looks interesting, Please try to take clearer pictures so we can see it better.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Grapa-RuHa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-04 09:49 am   Permalink

Welcome on board.
You are doing great on the small stuff and i love the fact that you try other stuff outside the Tiki Genre.
I did my stuff using a dremel but now i do all small wood with a knife.
Do a search here on "Hook knife" and read everything Benzart wrote about the subject. And if you get curious and want to give the knife a try, please read the safety treat first.
Keep up the great work

View Profile of Grapa-RuHa Send a personal message to Grapa-RuHa  Goto the website of Grapa-RuHa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mijaba
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-01-04 11:47 am   Permalink

Thank you for the feedback folks. I'm trying to stay away from the more traditional genre of Tiki (because I'm an amateur, white, and from Ohio). I feel myself drifting toward sculpture, rather than strictly tiki, although Bobby Brady was and remains a HUGE influence, as was the KonTiki Cinema in Dayton (R.I.P.) As soon as I get my machine up and running again, there will be more. Paipo is just AWESOME and now I want to work in stone. Unfortunately, I live in a rather small apartment, and my neighbors have kids (and I don't think they speak english or like strangers)

Grapa-RuHa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-04 12:39 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-01-04 11:47, mijaba wrote:
Thank you for the feedback folks. I'm trying to stay away from the more traditional genre of Tiki (because I'm an amateur, white, and from Ohio).

I would only worry about the Ohio thing, the rest happens to the best
Seriously, historically Tiki were made all around the pacific, so they where made by black, yellow, red and possibly some purple dudes. So just expand your talents and learn from the experts, masters, pro's and the occasional wizard on this forum. And remember you can always leave Ohio

View Profile of Grapa-RuHa Send a personal message to Grapa-RuHa  Goto the website of Grapa-RuHa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mijaba
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-03-11 8:52 pm   Permalink

It's been awhile. I still don't have my own camera (dangit!) I've been grinding Tik, with some success. I did a nicely "modulated" commision piece for a workmates kid. He's gonna be known as the little boy with the BIG TIKI. It was my best to date- and darn if I didn't get a pic of it. I totally burnt out my Dremel tonight. I feel like my parents have grounded me. So, in lieu of photo's of my latest work, here's a little something something I've been working on- do you like hula dancing and Art Lyman?
http://www.vimeo.com/3457036
here's a little still from my video:

[ This Message was edited by: mijaba 2009-03-11 20:55 ]

mudbone
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-12 09:13 am   Permalink

Great video.Let those talents flow,we want to see more of your work here.

View Profile of mudbone Send a personal message to mudbone  Email mudbone     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation