FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving indian chief palm frond pg. 8
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
indian chief palm frond pg. 8
mijaba
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-03-17 11:23 am   Permalink

Here is my first commish EVER! Dremeled in oak, stained with dark walnut minwax, sanded, restained with colonial maple minwax, sprayed with minwax acrylic. About 4 inches tall. All critiques, comment, questions welcome!

[ This Message was edited by: mijaba 2009-03-17 16:03 ]

View Profile of mijaba Send a personal message to mijaba  Email mijaba     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikisbytyler
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-17 1:10 pm   Permalink

Congratulations on the first commission & the obvious improvement in photo quality! New Camera?
Anyways, looks great!

Keep at it!

Tyler
(persistent amateur & Florida Cracker)

View Profile of tikisbytyler Send a personal message to tikisbytyler  Email tikisbytyler Goto the website of tikisbytyler     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mijaba
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-03-17 1:19 pm   Permalink

I used the camera here at work (really nice!) Not supposed to, but I claim the right of TIKI!
Watch my hula girl!
http://www.vimeo.com/3457036

View Profile of mijaba Send a personal message to mijaba  Email mijaba     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mijaba
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-03-17 4:30 pm   Permalink

I tried a new nodal shading technique on my bubba tiki:

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-21 10:49 am   Permalink

Really nice stuff Mijaba, lets see more. The hula girl was nice too.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-21 11:48 am   Permalink

Nice job! Like the design too. I bet you've got more good ideas up your sleeve!

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mijaba
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-04-05 4:16 pm   Permalink

here's some newer stuff. My daughter took these pics on her phone, so the quality is kinda poor.
LilGuy

MezzoDaddy-My daughter became very uncooperative and would not shoot the back of this, but it's very cool, Like a tetris puzzle
Frontand side
Pineapplehead- no back, same reason. I actually only like the mouth on this one- it shows a hint of progress:
side
Grandpa tiki, no back (or side) same reason

Cannibal, no side shot- same reason. SEE if I pay her phone bill! HAH!
side

[ This Message was edited by: mijaba 2009-04-05 16:21 ]

laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-05 9:12 pm   Permalink

Like MezzoDaddy tetris! Very cool!!! And for your daughter: don't pay the bill! the pictures are not clear enough!

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-05 9:29 pm   Permalink

Nice carves, love the crazy idea's like the tetras.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mijaba
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-06-07 7:36 pm   Permalink

here is the spring collection in total (lil' lono is in the pre-stain phase- first from right)

mijaba
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-06-07 7:38 pm   Permalink

here's Lil' Lono, finished and stained

mijaba
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-06-07 8:02 pm   Permalink

here's "Big Frog" as opposed to the little one I did months ago. About 4 hrs work, red oak. I think for now, that's going to be my wood of choice (since I have a boat load of it)

[ This Message was edited by: mijaba 2009-06-09 15:51 ]

mijaba
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-06-09 3:51 pm   Permalink

I think I'll call hm "Boss Frog". Here, with final clearcoat, dried and ready to hang. Critiques would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-09 3:57 pm   Permalink

Cool stuff! I dig 'em. I like the creativeness going on there, very different...and GOOD!

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mijaba
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-06-09 4:12 pm   Permalink

"witch doktor"-- really not sure what the wood is-- it fell out of a pallet at work

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation