FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events The return of the Official Forbidden Island Tiki Mug- Release Party October 5th! REAL PICTURE!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
The return of the Official Forbidden Island Tiki Mug- Release Party October 5th! REAL PICTURE!
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2008-09-29 4:18 pm   Permalink

It's back...almost.

You've been asking - you've been waiting - you've been betting - what color will it be?!

TAKE A LOOK!

Yes! There it is on my computer desk in all its glory!

We're going to keep the anticipation going a little bit longer, but here's the scoop:

In addition to our Classic Car Show on Sunday (see other post), we have a limited pre-release supply of these new mugs that have been shipped by express air from China. Yes, you could call these "Air Supply". And it would be like making love out of nothing at all.

There are only 20 of these mugs, so we are selling them as a tagged, limited-edition, signed & numbered set! Be the first on your block to own the next in our series of great mugs. Just $20 while this very limited supply lasts.

Bragging rights plus a classic car show? Sounds like a good Sunday at FI. Release at 3pm.

Mahalo!

[ This Message was edited by: martiki 2008-10-06 12:08 ]

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-29 10:45 pm   Permalink

MAN!! That thing is BEAUTIFUL!!!

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CP
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-10-05 3:30 pm   Permalink

Just got home from the release. All I can say is WOW.

Nuff Said

View Profile of CP Send a personal message to CP      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2008-10-06 10:33 am   Permalink

Still waiting for a REAL damn picture... anyone? I guess I could always make the long trek over to FI. I suspect I might even see it Saturday!

www.tikikaimuki.com

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2008-10-06 12:07 pm   Permalink

Well, the cat is out of the bag. It's not a new color- it's a whole new mug!

We went back to Tiki Diablo and asked him to revisit his original design and come up with a whole new sculpt. My only request was that it be full body this time.

So I'm very pleased to present this entirely new mug- an artist's "re-imagining" of their own work. It maintains the look and feel of our signature tiki, but with more of the trademark Tiki Diablo style written all over it. (Plus, yes, now it looks like palm bark on his head and not bricks.)

I give you the "Official Forbidden Island Tiki Mug 2.0"!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2008-10-06 12:10 pm   Permalink

Wow, awesome re-imagining! Can't wait to get a new one, though I'm glad I'm a boozer and have many of that first design.

www.tikikaimuki.com

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2008-10-06 12:10 pm   Permalink

It's now only in the hands of 20 lucky souls who are the first on their block to have it. It will be available at FI in about a month.

BUT...stay tuned for a very special announcement shortly that will melt...your...brain.........

Chief Bartender
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-06 12:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-10-06 12:10, martiki wrote:
It's now only in the hands of 20 lucky souls who are the first on their block to have it. It will be available at FI in about a month.

BUT...stay tuned for a very special announcement shortly that will melt...your...brain.........

But what if my brain is already melty?

View Profile of Chief Bartender Send a personal message to Chief Bartender  Email Chief Bartender     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LOL Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-06 1:12 pm   Permalink

Will it be possible to purchase these on-line or over the phone? The drive's a bit far for me!

Ovarian Cancer Research

View Profile of LOL Tiki Send a personal message to LOL Tiki  Email LOL Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2008-10-06 4:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-10-06 13:12, LOL Tiki wrote:
Will it be possible to purchase these on-line or over the phone? The drive's a bit far for me!

Sorry, the FI mug is only available at FI. We think of it as a souvenir of your visit.

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-06 6:14 pm   Permalink

yes all the reason to get your behind to FI.
I live in So. Cal. and I have the older Green and Brown mugs.
so stop moaning and get moving to a great tiki bar.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
metikiman1705
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-11-04 12:53 pm   Permalink

Just so's ya know. F.I still has a few of these little gems on hand. Not many though so hurry!

Lava Lewie

View Profile of metikiman1705 Send a personal message to metikiman1705  Email metikiman1705 Goto the website of metikiman1705     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thortiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-08 6:14 pm   Permalink

MUGS GONE!!!

Finally got to visit the FI
last night with Wife & Daughter
for the 1st time. Alas all the
mugs were gone. Did get a green
FI swizzle stick.

Was VERY impressed with vibe, decor
& those terrific Tiki drnks @ FI, The
friendly staff at FI make drinks that
are big on quality, LARGE on size at a
fair price for what you get.

Thortiki

View Profile of Thortiki Send a personal message to Thortiki  Goto the website of Thortiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kālai Waʻa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-11-09 5:30 pm   Permalink

Is your daughter over 21? I thought no kiddies at Forbidden Island. Though why we couldn't all sit out on the patio in the afternoon munching chicken strips is beyond me.

Kill-Devil Club Initiate #7

View Profile of Kālai Waʻa Send a personal message to Kālai Waʻa  Goto the website of Kālai Waʻa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2008-11-09 8:11 pm   Permalink

Quick update:

We still have a handful of the rare "Diablo Edition" mugs hand painted by Tiki Diablo.

The regular mugs should be here in a week or so.

(21 and over includes the parking lot. All comments and concerns about that may be directed to the State of California Alcohol Beverage Control- it's out of my hands.)

Mahalo!

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation