FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT


advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Sweet Hollywaiians Royal Hawaiian show CANCELLED!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Sweet Hollywaiians Royal Hawaiian show CANCELLED!
tiki-a-fair
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Aug 20, 2007
Posts: 232
From: Tikicali
Posted: 2008-10-02 09:44 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-10-02 09:33, atomikitty wrote:
Any word on adding a Sunday show?

I sure would love to see them!



Let me talk to jeff, sunday brunch might be too full already with all the bands, but you never know.


 
View Profile of tiki-a-fair Send a personal message to tiki-a-fair      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-a-fair
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Aug 20, 2007
Posts: 232
From: Tikicali
Posted: 2008-10-02 10:39 am   Permalink

It's a no go, the brunch schedule is full. But I hope they find a place to play.

 
View Profile of tiki-a-fair Send a personal message to tiki-a-fair      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LynnMcTiki
Tiki Centralite

Joined: Aug 19, 2005
Posts: 19
From: Rancho Palos Verdes
Posted: 2008-10-02 12:15 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-10-01 07:58, bigtikidude wrote:
here are their other so. cal. shows.

Oct 2 2008 7:30P
Steve Allen Theater With Janet Klein
Los Angeles, California

Oct 3 2008 8:00P
Hip Kitty Jazz & Fondue
Claremont, California






You can get half price tickets at the door for tonight's show at the Steve Allen Theater with the code word: Osaka. I was told by their ticket service that there's still plenty of tickets available so it shouldn't be a risk to wait until you get to the theater to purchase tickets at the reduced rate.


 
View Profile of LynnMcTiki Send a personal message to LynnMcTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Joined: May 12, 2004
Posts: 3985
From: SOCAL
Posted: 2008-10-02 1:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-10-02 10:39, tiki-a-fair wrote:
It's a no go, the brunch schedule is full. But I hope they find a place to play.



This band is not rockabilly anyway. What they are is a red hot hapa-haole band. Excellent excellent excellent musicians!!


 
View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-a-fair
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Aug 20, 2007
Posts: 232
From: Tikicali
Posted: 2008-10-02 1:26 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-10-02 13:06, lucas vigor wrote:


This band is not rockabilly anyway. What they are is a red hot hapa-haole band. Excellent excellent excellent musicians!!



Well actually we book other bands besides rockabilly, we have Exotiki on the 26th. We are also having the hula girls in November. Some day we will get Squid & the gang to book with us too.

[ This Message was edited by: tiki-a-fair 2008-10-02 13:27 ]


 
View Profile of tiki-a-fair Send a personal message to tiki-a-fair      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-a-fair
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Aug 20, 2007
Posts: 232
From: Tikicali
Posted: 2008-10-02 1:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-10-02 13:26, tiki-a-fair wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-10-02 13:06, lucas vigor wrote:


This band is not rockabilly anyway. What they are is a red hot hapa-haole band. Excellent excellent excellent musicians!!



Well actually we book other bands besides rockabilly, we have Exotiki on the 26th. We are also having the hula girls in November(which you already know about because you in that band). Some day we will get Squid & the gang to book with us too. So I hope all you Tiki central members will come to see The Hula Girls and Exotiki, the bands are always happy to see a face they know.

[ This Message was edited by: tiki-a-fair 2008-10-02 13:27 ]



[ This Message was edited by: tiki-a-fair 2008-10-02 13:31 ]


 
View Profile of tiki-a-fair Send a personal message to tiki-a-fair      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Joined: May 12, 2004
Posts: 3985
From: SOCAL
Posted: 2008-10-02 2:13 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-10-02 13:28, tiki-a-fair wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-10-02 13:26, tiki-a-fair wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-10-02 13:06, lucas vigor wrote:


This band is not rockabilly anyway. What they are is a red hot hapa-haole band. Excellent excellent excellent musicians!!



Well actually we book other bands besides rockabilly, we have Exotiki on the 26th. We are also having the hula girls in November(which you already know about because you in that band). Some day we will get Squid & the gang to book with us too. So I hope all you Tiki central members will come to see The Hula Girls and Exotiki, the bands are always happy to see a face they know.

[ This Message was edited by: tiki-a-fair 2008-10-02 13:27 ]



[ This Message was edited by: tiki-a-fair 2008-10-02 13:31 ]



All of us in the Hula Girls are really excited to be playing there, In fact, we were just talking about it the other day.


 
View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-a-fair
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Aug 20, 2007
Posts: 232
From: Tikicali
Posted: 2008-10-02 2:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-10-02 14:13, lucas vigor wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-10-02 13:28, tiki-a-fair wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-10-02 13:26, tiki-a-fair wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-10-02 13:06, lucas vigor wrote:


This band is not rockabilly anyway. What they are is a red hot hapa-haole band. Excellent excellent excellent musicians!!



Well actually we book other bands besides rockabilly, we have Exotiki on the 26th. We are also having the hula girls in November(which you already know about because you in that band). Some day we will get Squid & the gang to book with us too. So I hope all you Tiki central members will come to see The Hula Girls and Exotiki, the bands are always happy to see a face they know.

[ This Message was edited by: tiki-a-fair 2008-10-02 13:27 ]



[ This Message was edited by: tiki-a-fair 2008-10-02 13:31 ]



All of us in the Hula Girls are really excited to be playing there, In fact, we were just talking about it the other day.



I will start to push your show as soon as I get the full line up from Jeff. I cant wait to hear you guys. I am so glad you are playing for us. What a treat and a treat for all the Tiki central members too.


 
View Profile of tiki-a-fair Send a personal message to tiki-a-fair      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Joined: Mar 04, 2005
Posts: 3039
From: Mission (Impossible) Viejo, Ca
Posted: 2008-10-03 4:00 pm   Permalink

WooHoo! TGIF finally. Can't wait to see The Sweet Hollywaiians tonight
http://www.hipkittyjazz.com/

 View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Jul 07, 2005
Posts: 2272
From: The Polynesian Port of NOLA
Posted: 2008-10-03 6:44 pm   Permalink

Have a great time - AND BUY ALL THEIR CDS (so they have less to heft back to Osaka)!
_________________
"If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning."
-Catherine Aird


 
View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Aug 10, 2004
Posts: 8728
From: Anaheim,Ca.
Posted: 2008-10-03 7:08 pm   Permalink

Talked to Dave at Purple Orchid,
maybe he can get them in there on Sun. keep your eyes peeled here.

Jeff(bigtikidude)


 
View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Joined: May 18, 2003
Posts: 845
From: Alta Loma, California
Posted: 2008-10-04 12:07 am   Permalink

OMG !!!!! We got there at the beginning and stayed for all 3 sets . These guys are so talented and versitile . We even saw dueling Ukes at lightning speed. We were all completely and thoroughly impressed with the fab four from Osaka .You have to see these guys and demand they play a tiki event . WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: TIKI-RAY 2008-10-04 00:08 ]


 
View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Joined: Mar 04, 2005
Posts: 3039
From: Mission (Impossible) Viejo, Ca
Posted: 2008-10-04 09:08 am   Permalink

WoooHooo! The Sweet Hollywaiians were Tiki-rrific. What a fun night! The Sweet Hollywaiians show = Fantastic Music, Fondue, & Fun Friends



















































 
View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Aug 10, 2004
Posts: 8728
From: Anaheim,Ca.
Posted: 2008-10-04 2:22 pm   Permalink

No dice on the Sun Purple Orchid show,

Guess I should have went last night.

bummer 2 times they've been here, and missed them both.

Jeff(bigtikidude)




 
View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Joined: May 18, 2003
Posts: 845
From: Alta Loma, California
Posted: 2008-10-04 5:24 pm   Permalink

Sorry you missed a great show Jeff . But I gotta say , we would have missed it if you hadnt posted they were playing at the "Hip Kitty " . Thanks for your dedication .

 
View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:
  
v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation