[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Adventureland Themed Backyard
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Adventureland Themed Backyard
Tikinaut
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-09-30 4:56 pm   Permalink

Here's some photos of my "Adventureland" themed backyard. The land features various signs seen at Disneyland and Walt Disney World. All of the signage was created by me except the "Adventureland" and "Tarzan's Treehouse" signs which were made by Dave Hansen of Lake Tiki.

[ This Message was edited by: Tikinaut 2010-07-23 19:35 ]

View Profile of Tikinaut Send a personal message to Tikinaut  Goto the website of Tikinaut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-30 5:22 pm   Permalink

Those are nice reproductions. I need one of those "cast members only" signs for the bamboo bridge at The Ocularis Foris (also known as the backyard at Lund Manor).

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-09-30 5:54 pm   Permalink

Now you need to make one of these

Take a 1x2x3 foot piece of styrofoam and cut away everything that doesn't look like a hippo.

Tikinaut, I recognize the faux palmtree form a previous post, it turned out good. Speaking of Bengal BBQ, anyone have a good recipe for their beef kabobs with pepper sauce?

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikinaut
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-09-30 7:17 pm   Permalink

Great Hippo! I would love to do a full jungle cruise! But living in Wisconsin can be prohibitive. My backyard will be full of snow in about two months!

Yes, the faux palm tree. Not sure how that's going to hold up over winter. I'll keep you posted though.

"Never get out of the boat. Absolutely goddamn right."
-Apocalypse Now

View Profile of Tikinaut Send a personal message to Tikinaut  Goto the website of Tikinaut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-30 7:34 pm   Permalink

Great signs, Tikinaut. Now if you could get some audio animatronics going, that would really be something.

MadDogMike - I PM'd you the recipe.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-30 10:18 pm   Permalink

Looking good Pete!

Let's hope the fall and winter rain and snow go easy on your yard.

Thanks again for the opportunity to do your Adventureland sign!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Pupu Pants
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-01 12:44 am   Permalink

Hi Mad Dog, here is the official recipe for the Bengal Beef Skewers:

Sirloin Beef Chunks
Bamboo Skewers

Sauce:
1 cup Soy Sauce
1 1/2 cups of water
1 Tbspn Black Pepper
3 Tbspn Sesame Seed Oil
1 Teaspn Ground red pepper
1/2 Teaspn Cayenne Pepper
1 Tbspn Granulated Garlic
3 Tbspn Cornstarch

Combine all sauce ingredients and bring to boil.
Add cornstarch to thicken.

Soak Bamboo skewers in water for 1/2 hour.
Place Beef on skewers. Grill 3 min on each side and brush with sauce.

Spicy and great!!

View Profile of Mr. Pupu Pants Send a personal message to Mr. Pupu Pants  Email Mr. Pupu Pants     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikinaut
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-10-01 05:38 am   Permalink

Taking things even one step further, here are a few photos I found online of a father who made a Jungle Cruise playhouse for his young daughter. (Sorry I lost the original link). I wish I had the space (and time) to do something like this!

tiki-smith
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-10-01 1:41 pm   Permalink

Wow! I'm getting some serious flashbacks! I used to be a jungle cruise captain back in the day. Nice job guys!

View Profile of tiki-smith Send a personal message to tiki-smith  Goto the website of tiki-smith     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-10-01 1:41 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the recipe Tiki Kate and Mr. Pupu Pants. I'm seriously jonesin' for some kabobs, maybe this weekend

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Enchanted Tiki Guy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-01 3:23 pm   Permalink

Your Adventureland themed backyard is awesome!! I'm a big Disneyland fan myself as well as tiki. Great job!! Check out my Enchanted Tiki Bathroom photos at General Tiki-topic is Tiki Bathrooms!

View Profile of Enchanted Tiki Guy Send a personal message to Enchanted Tiki Guy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikinaut
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-06-22 2:53 pm   Permalink

Some recent additions to my backyard Adventureland themed backyard. These are directional signs for the various "lands" within Disneyland. My next project will be an Adventureland themed trash can. Stay tuned...

[ This Message was edited by: Tikinaut 2010-07-23 17:19 ]

Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-06-22 3:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:
Taking things even one step further, here are a few photos I found online of a father who made a Jungle Cruise playhouse for his young daughter. (Sorry I lost the original link). I wish I had the space (and time) to do something like this!

We talked a little about this place in this link in beyond tiki:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=31072&forum=6

It has the links to the dude's website that created that fantastic backyard.

Great addition! I love the directional poles! - I really like your south seas traders sign too.

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-22 11:09 pm   Permalink

Love the hippo and Jungle cruise building with all the detail, very cool!

amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Pupu Pants
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-23 01:18 am   Permalink

Another big Disneyland nut here--really, really loving what you've done with your backyard. Fan--tastic!
Details are everything and your place has them to spare
Just the picture of the directional signs on the post alone look as though it could have been taken right in the park.

View Profile of Mr. Pupu Pants Send a personal message to Mr. Pupu Pants  Email Mr. Pupu Pants     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation