[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge Woofmutt's First Carving
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Woofmutt's First Carving
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-30 8:58 pm   Permalink

So I had this old tree lyin' 'round the house...

And inspired by all the great carvers here on Tiki Central I thought I would try my hand at carvin' a Tiki...

I got an old chainsaw from dad...

Sure was a lotta wood chips...

The cat was curious...

Close up of some of the wood chips...

Here's a bird I saw in a nearby tree...

More wood chips...

My first tiki!*

Side view...

Close up...

End of a long day...

Thanks fer lookin'! I'd appreciate any feedback and comments!

[ This Message was edited by: woofmutt 2010-10-07 08:00 and then in January of 2012 he edited it again. Why would he do something so strange? He's probably not one to be trusted, that woofmutt.]

[ This Message was edited by: woofmutt 2012-01-10 20:58 ]

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikipaka
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-10-01 12:38 am   Permalink

Woofmutt, was that first carving of the look on your face when the tree fell? Looks like one of those Big Foot fellas.. I know it still must have been a lot of work to get it looking good. I can't wait to see what my first tiki will look like. Of course it probably wood end up in the wood pile with the other wood chips.. Wasn't this thing just up for sale? The wife didn't want it around?

View Profile of tikipaka Send a personal message to tikipaka  Email tikipaka Goto the website of tikipaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-01 03:24 am   Permalink

I laughed, I cried, I loved your story... I AM that little bird! i pray there will be a sequel.

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-01 04:41 am   Permalink

Yes! I Loved the story too and the curious cat checkin it all out and the bird wonderin what you did to its nest? But the Chainsaw hand-me-down says it all.Was that shot AFTER you were done makin that pile of chips? Funny story depending on if you are from Texas or New Orleans
As for the carving if it weren't for the "Chicklet teeth" you could post this over in creating tiki, but alas he will be forever banned to the halls of bilge. However after looking into the tiki carving section he may well fit right in! Excellent tiki there mutt. Try to work more on the traditional side for the next one. Now that you are a seasoned carver, there WILL be More, Right??

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-01 05:44 am   Permalink

Bigbro is not going to be happy.

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-01 05:49 am   Permalink

That is one of the funniest posts I've read in a long time. Thanks.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-01 06:13 am   Permalink

i believe that is the florida-style sasquatch... i am sure that there are many people who would like to buy such a sasquatch, but around here we prefer the classic midcentury sasquatch. i would suggest you look at the offerings of appalachian arts, maybe read the book of bigfoot (BOB)

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-01 08:20 am   Permalink

Beautiful work Woof!
those black beady soul-less eyes
make quite an impact on the viewer!
Here's a great movie you can watch for more reference!
it's one of my faves!
not much tiki in it tho....
well....actually none....

i think you'll connect with the Travis Crabtree character....
he's got his own song/theme in the movie...

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ravenne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-01 08:23 am   Permalink

OMG!

woofmutt you're hilarious!!!

you = win intertubez

View Profile of ravenne Send a personal message to ravenne      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-10-01 10:23 am   Permalink

It is good to see such high-level talent from the tips of your fingers...we already know your mind is a sive. What about just using your feet to run that saw on the next creation. You are destined for cirque du soliel!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-01 11:15 am   Permalink

I am glad to see that at least one carver here is "Keeping it Real" mmm hmm!! I heard dat, raise da roof!!

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-10-01 12:49 pm   Permalink

AWESOME
RAD
GOOD JOB

when is the first Seattle Chop?????

teach me!!

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-01 5:29 pm   Permalink

Haha Book of Bigfoot!!!! its a must read for any Bigfoot aficionado. Of course its good to reinterpret the real old stuff, but Im sure with a little practice you could come up with your own fresh interpretation. and g be a big splash on the modern Bigfoot scene I'm sure its the next big-thing for all the galleries.. When will the first Bigfoot mugs come out? will Bigfoot Farm be making them?

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tekoteko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-01 5:32 pm   Permalink

Yeah. Now show us your HANDS.

View Profile of tekoteko Send a personal message to tekoteko  Email tekoteko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikisgrl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-01 5:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-10-01 17:32, tekoteko wrote:
Yeah. Now show us your HANDS.

Boy you are not very observant his hands up there full of wood chips from his carving.

On a more serious note. Wow Woofmutt you are the best carver ever can't wait to see your next interpretation perhaps a Marq?

View Profile of Tikisgrl Send a personal message to Tikisgrl  Email Tikisgrl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation