FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts BeezleBug Mugs (Pg. 14: New Cup/Mug)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
BeezleBug Mugs (Pg. 14: New Cup/Mug)
BeezleBug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-04 3:01 pm   Permalink

Thanks. I like how it looks like an old piece carved wood with worn-out paint.

Yes, with the brackets, which are snug, no clamps are needed - just a bit of clay at the seams.

View Profile of BeezleBug Send a personal message to BeezleBug  Email BeezleBug Goto the website of BeezleBug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
littlegiles
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-04 5:08 pm   Permalink

Love the glaze techniques you used. It turned out great. Beautiful mug.

- Dale

View Profile of littlegiles Send a personal message to littlegiles  Email littlegiles     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BeezleBug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-06 4:27 pm   Permalink

Thanks, Dale...

While I'm finishing up a few Topknot mugs, as well as older Volcano Sipper mugs, thought I'd jump to my next sculpt. Here he is, Peanut Jr.:

Yep, he's inspired by the PMP Peanut mugs. I didn't look at any reference while sculpting him, hence the funny feet and other non-standard traits. Why a PMP Peanut mug? - because they make swell night lights:

I'm made and sold a couple Peanut night lights. I wanted to make more, so I thought I'd sculpt something specifically lamp-like. Peanut Jr. will have his eyes, mouth, and little heart cut out and he'll be wired up with an orange bulb.

View Profile of BeezleBug Send a personal message to BeezleBug  Email BeezleBug Goto the website of BeezleBug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BeezleBug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-24 4:15 pm   Permalink

Some more crystalline glaze experimentation...

Plus, some fun salt and peppers shakers designed by my niece Alysa. She helped sculpt the lemon/lime and pour the mold.

BeezleBug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-11 09:00 am   Permalink

First Peanut Jr. lamp assembled...

MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-09-11 11:19 am   Permalink

Beezle, I missed that crytalline glaze piece - looks great!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BeezleBug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-11 11:58 am   Permalink

Thanks. I really dig painting two dissimilar crystalline glazes on top of each other, then cold painting over the top of that with oil.

BeezleBug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-11 1:52 pm   Permalink

Here's a new venture...

As part of an Indiegogo campaign for a the "BedBugs" movie I'm working on, I'm offering custom Tiki mugs as a perk:

http://www.indiegogo.com/bedbugsthemovie

It's the $375 perk level... Check out the trailer - it's fun.

[ This Message was edited by: BeezleBug 2012-09-11 13:57 ]

BeezleBug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-15 12:08 pm   Permalink

Topknot #4. More glaze fun...

BeezleBug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-15 12:16 pm   Permalink

New mug in the works:

I call him "Que" after the Mar_que_sas and the fact he looks like he's saying "what?"

danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-16 07:06 am   Permalink

Que is very nice. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BeezleBug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-21 12:47 pm   Permalink

New mugs, Que #1 and Peanut Jr. #1, patiently awaiting a glaze fire...

Beachbumz
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-09-22 12:55 am   Permalink

Beautiful Mugs! I'm loving Topknot and da new Que..
Very nice work!!!

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz Goto the website of Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BeezleBug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-22 10:36 am   Permalink

Thanks Beachbumz. Here's Que 1. It's always like Christmas when I open up the kiln in the morning. Never sure what crazy result I'll get by combining glazes...

zerostreet
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-22 10:47 am   Permalink

That looks awesome! Nice job!

View Profile of zerostreet Send a personal message to zerostreet  Email zerostreet Goto the website of zerostreet     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation