FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts "trader hic's" finally painted and posted here!! enjoy!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
"trader hic's" finally painted and posted here!! enjoy!!!
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-10-14 7:06 pm   Permalink

E-gads! I count seven light sources! Not including the night sky or sign out side. Wow! It boggles my mind to even conceive how you so accurately worked it all out! That there barn is Beautiful!

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-20 3:58 pm   Permalink

When will a print be available? I'm clearing some wall space now.

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Deckhand_Davy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-11-21 06:59 am   Permalink

Badd asss artwork you got there...very much my preference of style. Would love to see more and I love them pickles!

View Profile of Deckhand_Davy Send a personal message to Deckhand_Davy  Goto the website of Deckhand_Davy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-21 08:49 am   Permalink

Ariano!! Thanks...and thanks Davy too!!!

I just heard that "Trader Hic's" was put into prints last week..so check the Thor gallery for getting them!! It's a wild piece!!

~~~T

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-19 04:27 am   Permalink

JUST Ran acrosws this,, THOR,You are sick and your works are way out there sick too.
This was incredible.

Quote:

On 2008-10-09 09:54, THOR's wrote:
ALOHA ALL!

My painting I shared the thinking process with you all on was finished almost a year ago. I have had several TC'ers ask me at events why I have not posted the final result, and I have no excuses, except I just plain forgot! This painting kept being postponed for other more "marketable" images and sat in drawing form for a few years until it was finally painted around this time last year. All those who understand Tiki have loved this piece..but those who do not have said this was about the weirdest freaking image they ever saw! I was accused of doing speedballs chased by corn liquor to come up with such nonsense.

To view the very first idea sketches in my sketchbook and the feedback from all the great TC friends, view the original thread: http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=20312&forum=18&hilite=trader%20hic's&PHPSESSID=8d662eb68caeb5f54a63d3b175782098

So here it is!! Inspired by my trips to paint old farm houses while at Disney and doing what we called "paint-outs". I visited many old barns in the deep mid-west..and wondered what would happen is some homespun farmer out there wanted to BS all his neighbors and kin into thinking he had been to the Islands and knew how to create an "authentic" Tiki bar. So he took all his farming junk, his wild imagination and talent for weaving tales about his adventures in Tiki and created this! ENJOY!! The Mai Tai's are "genuine" plain label punch and fine corn liquor!! OH...and they are served up in hand painted "Tiki" milk bottles, garnished with REAL canned pineapple rings and maraschino cherries straight from the jar! Great with a pickle or corn on the cobb..FREE from the Poo Poo platter!!!

ENJOY!

This guy is stealing from the pickled egg lava lamp...note the cork lei, carved apple core tiki necklace and magnificent POO POO platter!! Nothin' like "Cheese Wup" on white bread and corn on a stick too..and FREE yet!!!

What great puffer lights can be made with a nice hot water bottle, a couple corks and a hand full of toothpicks!! That old mounted trout sure came in handy!! Just add an old butcher knife and twine and they'll all believe its a real life "Tropical sordfish from "Hawaia"!! Strung tin cans are the base of one of two palm tree and nothin' like chicken wire for fish netting! Dig the farmer's wife in the back!! She makes real hula dancer's "pale" in comparison!!

Here's a better view of the other "palm tree" made of a couple moose antler plaques, bowling ball "coconuts" and strung tin can trunk. A neighbor farmer tries out the "surfing simulator" made out of an old Ironing board. Note the "januine" shark jaws above the door(bear trap), and the "Moo Moo" with Hawaiian Island markings(miracle?... or was it from the help of a little creative white wash adjustments??).

Now meet "Trader Hic" himself..tendin' to bar! He is cleanin' off a milk bottle for the next customer. Note his hand carved Tiki pendant("carrot wood" of course!). His authentic Island "Parit" sits patiently in it's bike inner tube ring perch. No FEEDIN', now!!..He's on strict exotic diet (most likely the Poo Poo's).

last but not least,this shows a close up of a "hillbilly outrigger". This one is a fountain and jacuzzi! He is shootin' us the Shaka! Surrounding him are two of the Tiki's made of stuff found around the farm.

Soooooo FOLKS!! If Ya ever make it to The Trader's parts!! Look Him up!!! Rest assured...you can find a little Tiki in a LOT of unlikely places!!!

Look for more of this series.. It's part of the "Home Spun Tiki Bars" Series I plan to continue where you will see the creativity of Tiki bars in basements and backyards that refuse to be without Tiki..and makeeTiki out of whatever is available!!

Aloha y'All!! THOR

[ This Message was edited by: THOR's 2008-10-09 10:24 ]

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-19 04:53 am   Permalink

JUST Ran across this,, THOR,You are sick and your works are way out there sick too.
This was incredible.

Quote:

On 2008-10-09 09:54, THOR's wrote:
ALOHA ALL!

My painting I shared the thinking process with you all on was finished almost a year ago. I have had several TC'ers ask me at events why I have not posted the final result, and I have no excuses, except I just plain forgot! This painting kept being postponed for other more "marketable" images and sat in drawing form for a few years until it was finally painted around this time last year. All those who understand Tiki have loved this piece..but those who do not have said this was about the weirdest freaking image they ever saw! I was accused of doing speedballs chased by corn liquor to come up with such nonsense.

To view the very first idea sketches in my sketchbook and the feedback from all the great TC friends, view the original thread: http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=20312&forum=18&hilite=trader%20hic's&PHPSESSID=8d662eb68caeb5f54a63d3b175782098

So here it is!! Inspired by my trips to paint old farm houses while at Disney and doing what we called "paint-outs". I visited many old barns in the deep mid-west..and wondered what would happen is some homespun farmer out there wanted to BS all his neighbors and kin into thinking he had been to the Islands and knew how to create an "authentic" Tiki bar. So he took all his farming junk, his wild imagination and talent for weaving tales about his adventures in Tiki and created this! ENJOY!! The Mai Tai's are "genuine" plain label punch and fine corn liquor!! OH...and they are served up in hand painted "Tiki" milk bottles, garnished with REAL canned pineapple rings and maraschino cherries straight from the jar! Great with a pickle or corn on the cobb..FREE from the Poo Poo platter!!!

ENJOY!

This guy is stealing from the pickled egg lava lamp...note the cork lei, carved apple core tiki necklace and magnificent POO POO platter!! Nothin' like "Cheese Wup" on white bread and corn on a stick too..and FREE yet!!!

What great puffer lights can be made with a nice hot water bottle, a couple corks and a hand full of toothpicks!! That old mounted trout sure came in handy!! Just add an old butcher knife and twine and they'll all believe its a real life "Tropical sordfish from "Hawaia"!! Strung tin cans are the base of one of two palm tree and nothin' like chicken wire for fish netting! Dig the farmer's wife in the back!! She makes real hula dancer's "pale" in comparison!!

Here's a better view of the other "palm tree" made of a couple moose antler plaques, bowling ball "coconuts" and strung tin can trunk. A neighbor farmer tries out the "surfing simulator" made out of an old Ironing board. Note the "januine" shark jaws above the door(bear trap), and the "Moo Moo" with Hawaiian Island markings(miracle?... or was it from the help of a little creative white wash adjustments??).

Now meet "Trader Hic" himself..tendin' to bar! He is cleanin' off a milk bottle for the next customer. Note his hand carved Tiki pendant("carrot wood" of course!). His authentic Island "Parit" sits patiently in it's bike inner tube ring perch. No FEEDIN', now!!..He's on strict exotic diet (most likely the Poo Poo's).

last but not least,this shows a close up of a "hillbilly outrigger". This one is a fountain and jacuzzi! He is shootin' us the Shaka! Surrounding him are two of the Tiki's made of stuff found around the farm.

Soooooo FOLKS!! If Ya ever make it to The Trader's parts!! Look Him up!!! Rest assured...you can find a little Tiki in a LOT of unlikely places!!!

Look for more of this series.. It's part of the "Home Spun Tiki Bars" Series I plan to continue where you will see the creativity of Tiki bars in basements and backyards that refuse to be without Tiki..and makeeTiki out of whatever is available!!

Aloha y'All!! THOR

[ This Message was edited by: THOR's 2008-10-09 10:24 ]

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-19 05:58 am   Permalink

HAAAAaa Thanks Ben!! I had a feelin' you would like this one when ya saw it!! I bet you would have gone straight for the poo poo platter had you been in this scene!!!! HAaaaa Warm wishes Brudah! Your carvin' as always is God like!!!

~~

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Bob
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-01-21 11:45 am   Permalink

Wonderful painting
You could imagine it really happening. Love it
Trader bob

View Profile of Trader Bob Send a personal message to Trader Bob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-26 12:00 pm   Permalink

My God - you may have actually topped yourself! Is that possible?

Frickin' spectacular. Mesmerizing.

www.robbhamel.com

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-01-11 6:25 pm   Permalink

Well if that ain't nuff proof that hillbillys can Tiki it right good then I'll be a munkee's uncle!

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-11 7:09 pm   Permalink

Thanks Otto...I tell yah...all it takes is imagination and some corn and heat and free spirits and it's all up hill(billy) from there!! Looking forward to this years Oasis and helping make this a super fun time! ~~THOR

Best way to reach me for art or questions directly is this link: https://www.facebook.com/tom.thordarson.3
OR Search on Facebook for : THOR ART

nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-13 10:12 pm   Permalink

Keep it up Tom-neva stop! you are amazing! i'm checking your site for prints mo scratchee!
David

[ This Message was edited by: nui 'umi 'umi 2013-01-13 22:18 ]

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trailerpark Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-14 4:27 pm   Permalink

Another homerun. I have four of your prints in my tiki bar. Maybe some day you'll do a trailerpark inspired tiki bar...

View Profile of Trailerpark Tiki Send a personal message to Trailerpark Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-15 09:37 am   Permalink

Let's do one!! I had that on the list as one to do...along with others! Share some ideas! ~~THOR

Best way to reach me for art or questions directly is this link: https://www.facebook.com/tom.thordarson.3
OR Search on Facebook for : THOR ART

Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-15 10:54 am   Permalink

Brilliant!

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation