FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Trader Vic's San Francisco - Cosmo Place, San Francisco, CA (restaurant)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Trader Vic's San Francisco - Cosmo Place, San Francisco, CA (restaurant)
TikiGreen

Posted: 2011-07-20 03:29 am   Permalink

Great pics, thanks for sharing!!!

View Profile of TikiGreen Send a personal message to TikiGreen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pittsburgh pauly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-27 08:22 am   Permalink

I just stumbled across this travel piece on TV SF while looking for more info on Pittsburgh Tiki. It's in the "This Week" section, which seems to be a Sunday magazine, from November 21 ,1954. Oh, and catch that byline. Thanks Clementine!

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=QEEqAAAAIBAJ&sjid=200EAAAAIBAJ&pg=3750%2C1634892

I'll try to post images if I get a chance later.

[ This Message was edited by: Pittsburgh pauly 2012-01-30 11:54 ]

View Profile of Pittsburgh pauly Send a personal message to Pittsburgh pauly  Goto the website of Pittsburgh pauly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TropicDrinkBoy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-27 10:56 pm   Permalink

Wonderful article. One of these days I'll have to try making some of these recipes since I enjoy making his cocktails (and eating in his restaurants) so much!

View Profile of TropicDrinkBoy Send a personal message to TropicDrinkBoy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pittsburgh pauly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-30 11:43 am   Permalink

For some reason the scan at the resolution that would make the article (and recipes) legible is garbled.
Here's the whole thing:

and a close up of Vic and a cook by the Chinese ovens:

[ This Message was edited by: Pittsburgh pauly 2012-01-30 11:51 ]

View Profile of Pittsburgh pauly Send a personal message to Pittsburgh pauly  Goto the website of Pittsburgh pauly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
heylownine
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-09-15 12:20 pm   Permalink

I nudged my dad to rummage through his matchbook collection for any PolyPop artifacts. He came up mostly empty, save a number of Trader Vic's matchbooks from the lengthy era when the Cosmo San Francisco location was open at the same time as the Emeryville location. If I had to guess, this would probably be from between the late 60s and mid 70s.

kevin
http://twitter.com/heylownine

View Profile of heylownine Send a personal message to heylownine  Email heylownine Goto the website of heylownine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation