FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Va-va-voom mug (watch out risque content)
Va-va-voom mug (watch out risque content)
atomictonytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-16 10:21 am   Permalink

I know this ain't a Tiki mug but its was too nice a mug to leave at the car-boot sale on the bad mans table. But their is something about it that niggles my Tiki-sense, anybody know of this mug? NO marks on the bottom.

[ This Message was edited by: atomictonytiki 2009-01-20 13:29 ]

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-16 10:44 am   Permalink

I've seen them around quite a bit, I passed one up for 10 bucks the other day - that seems to be the going rate for them. I figure since they're fairly common, they were not from a bar but something you could buy at a novelty store, that's my guess!

Jane

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-16 2:39 pm   Permalink

I thought Gentleman's Novelty Item when i saw it, If it wasn't so deep it could be a shaving mug.
RANT WARNING
The stall I got it off, had two tables one marked "all items 2" with shaped mugs and crap and the other had two green lizard pottery animals with a sign "Wade Whimsy", whilst buying the nudie mug a guy came up to ask how much for the wade figures, the stall holder wanted 200 a piece.
Two hundred quid at a car-boot sale, car-boot sales are for selling tat and junk, Bah I hate Dealers turning a the great brittish institution of a car-boot sale into artsy fartsy "Flea Markets" if they want to sell pottery for 200 they should flip off to e-bay.
(grumble) soon the Dealers will be onto Tiki and whatever miniscule scraps i can gleen will only be avalible stupid prices.

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-18 06:39 am   Permalink

Hey Atomictonytiki,

I got one of those about a month ago for 4.95. While it's not really Tiki at all, it goes well with all the other mugs that can be used for guests who get more excited by a Buddha mug than a moai.

There are similar mugs that depict Hawaiian wahines in various contortions, though, which are worthy of any Tiki bar.

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-18 10:14 am   Permalink

see i wondered if was made by a company that also made tiki mugs coz if you were to remove the naked ladies then the shape of the blank mug reminds me of a tiki mug i've seen somewhere.

Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-19 3:20 pm   Permalink

You might be thinking of the concave Daga mug, made in Hawaii, which is quite widespread. It has a very similar shape, but these mucky mugs aren't Dagas.

Just checking my mug and there's a sticker on the bottom saying it's made by Salco, and is "Foreign".... Well, that's helpful! 'Be rest assurred wherever you are, we made these mugs somewhere else.'

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation