FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Official Photos thread forThe 8th Tiki Central Tiki Crawl -- October 9-12, 2008 IMAGE HEAVY
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Official Photos thread forThe 8th Tiki Central Tiki Crawl -- October 9-12, 2008 IMAGE HEAVY
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-14 11:19 pm   Permalink

My friends, you have not lived until you have taken a bus ride through the city with these upstarts. The cab rides are even better if you can believe that!

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2008-10-15 12:08 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-10-14 23:19, Chongolio wrote:

My friends, you have not lived until you have taken a bus ride through the city with these upstarts. The cab rides are even better if you can believe that!

THIS!

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2008-10-15 12:12 am   Permalink

Here's a few more ~

Sabu and Humu fear the worst but I look forward to it.

I don’t know what we’re looking at but I like the picture.

Tikitastic celebrates his ninth birthday.

At the end of the drink your bowl becomes filled with Cool Whip® which you can take home.

I had no Idea that Paul and The Jab liked Sailor Jerry Rum so much.

Mai Tai was unable to crawl the first two nights so on the third night he boarded the bus like MacArthur returning to the Philippines. He then proceeded to throw Nabisco snacks at everyone. Which is considered conduct unbecoming a five star general.

Jungle Trader gets a hands on Hula lesson.

In a drunken haze my camera and I both think we saw Atomikitty on the bus but she quickly vanished so I'm not sure. I blame tainted dirty third world rum! Mmm tainted dirty third world rum!

The Mai Kai Gents wearing white after Labor Day.

Beep Beep!

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-15 01:08 am   Permalink

I dared Inky Louise to fly home to Las Vegas dressed like this on the airplane. But she wouldn't do it because she was chicken.

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Glam
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-10-15 5:19 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-10-13 22:03, inkylouise wrote:
Photos from my funky fisheye analog camera...

I love this camera, but it's real hit or miss, mostly cause I forget to take the lenscap off!

What a great time we had!

LOVE your Diana pics! now I need to get mine sorted!!!!

View Profile of Tiki Glam Send a personal message to Tiki Glam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Glam
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-10-15 5:37 pm   Permalink

Here's a few of mine!

View Profile of Tiki Glam Send a personal message to Tiki Glam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-10-15 11:39 pm   Permalink

Good to see friends at the crawl again, and mucho mahalos to the organizers! We only made it out for Sat, but had a great time. Here's some of my pics...

Starting at Forbidden Island.

Mrsmiley demonstrates his amazing ability to listen to records by feeling the cover.

A profile in profiles, featuring Monsieur Lemoore.

Dean looking sharp with Naomi.

My first time to the Kona Club, and seeing the beautiful interior.

Alii with fantastic maori shell art, and just a little bit of JenTiki.

Naomi and inky, merging hair.

Now on to Trader Vic's!

Only one Barney West tiki left in the garden out front now.

Trader Vics scenery...

Iuka Gent and tiki.

Martin and Rebecca taking a moment to soak up the atmosphere of a TC nite in the Vic's dining room.

A demonstration of proper tipping procedure.

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2008-10-16 4:15 pm   Permalink

A selection of pics that prove alcohol destroys those cells...

www.tikikaimuki.com

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-16 8:46 pm   Permalink

Mrs. Smiley,
The chicken suit is STUNNING. I commend your fashion taste. And your monkey. I only wish I could have come up there for the Crawl this year. Damn this having to make a living nonsense! BUT... I really enjoyed seeing you and your hubby in Vegas a few weekends ago at the home tour. (I was the gal with the Tikipugs, camera around my neck...)
Thank you for the big laugh with the photos you posted of yourself, especially the one with you in the supermarket.

View Profile of Tangaroa-Ru Send a personal message to Tangaroa-Ru      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-16 11:58 pm   Permalink

http://www.tydirium.net
Big Stone Head / Tiki Road Trip / Left Orbit Temple
Drink with us at: http://www.cocktailsnob.com

[ This Message was edited by: tikibars 2008-10-16 23:59 ]

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomikitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-17 03:55 am   Permalink

Yes, the elusive Atomikitty stalked the Tiki Crawl all weekend. . . but never really engaged. . . I was conducting a 'Jane Goodall' ~like observation experiment.
The results are very interesting and will be published soon. . . .

Nah, that sounds good, but really it just came down to too much fun for one weekend, gorgeous sunshine, and my poor time management.
It became almost comical~every time we got somewhere, it was just in time to see the happy revelers loading up on the bus to be whisked off to the next destination!

So, if we got to hang out, then I say 'WOW it was SO GREAT to see you all!
If we didn't get to hang out, "DUDE, I am so BUMMED we didn't get to hang out.'

What I got to experience, it was a FANTASTIC EVENT and a FANTASTIC WEEKEND!
Thank you to all the organizers and revelers! The fabulous drinks and wonderful company lead to a memorable weekend.
Forbidden Island. . . if it was legal I would marry you. . .

BEWARE the Blondes with the LETHAL bamboo purses!

Sailor Jerry IS the BEST EVER!

OMG! Adam's Smiling!

This is my our good buddy Trent. AKA 'The Pinoy Cowboy' I have known him since I was 13 and we worked together at a Christian Conference Center (ha!) He was my housemate for years in SF, and is a FANTASTIC WRITER! He publishes 'Strange Tales of an Unreal West' and I have copies for friends, so if you are a fan of Sci-Fi Western Noir Pulp (and who isn't!) let me know and I will get you a copy!

Sassy Suzy posin' it up in Delores Park on a gorgeous SF afternoon!

We get to FI just as the bus is leaving! Still had time to grab my favorite peoples Suzanne and Russel for a quick pic!

Bryan (Rum Dummy) and Jamie (Squirrely) on their HONEYMOON! FOR REALS! They got married the weekend before in LA! Congrats guys!

Girl drink drunks. . . .

Bryan channels Isaac from the Love boat.

These are a few of my favorite things. . .

Pinoy Cowboy meets Macadamia nut Chi Chi. . . good luck ordering that in Texas my friend. . .

Suzanne and Mig looking awfully bright eyed and bushy tailed for Sunday morning!

Can't wait for next year! I will definitely get a seat on the bus . . . I need someone else to be in charge of time management once the rum starts flowing!

Good times people. . . .

View Profile of atomikitty Send a personal message to atomikitty  Email atomikitty Goto the website of atomikitty     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
inkylouise
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-10-17 09:07 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-10-14 22:40, Haole'akamai wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-10-14 07:30, martiki wrote:

It was so worth getting up at 7:15 that morning so Chicken X could come to be...

chicken X was up at the crack of dawn making those eggs!

[ This Message was edited by: inkylouise 2008-10-17 09:42 ]

View Profile of inkylouise Send a personal message to inkylouise      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomikitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-17 09:22 am   Permalink

I am MOST bummed that I missed meeting Chicken X and her amazing deviled eggies!!!

Love the photos.

Thank you guys for bringing the ZAZZ!

View Profile of atomikitty Send a personal message to atomikitty  Email atomikitty Goto the website of atomikitty     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigToe
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-10-17 10:22 am   Permalink

dang...looks like big fun was had by all...a must for next year!

but i am bitter about seeing those shots of 'Rum Dummy'...he's got better facial hair than me!!

View Profile of BigToe Send a personal message to BigToe  Email BigToe Goto the website of BigToe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomikitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-17 12:18 pm   Permalink

Ahhh!

Creepy face switch Big Toe!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation