FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Tiki dog food?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Tiki dog food?
Buckdog
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-10-13 6:24 pm   Permalink

I ran across this yesterday at a pet store in Mission Viejo. Maybe you guys have seen it, maybe not. Makes me want to crack it open and make a sandwich. The only way I can afford Ahi Tuna and Tiger Prawns is to buy it in a dog food. Blasted dog eats better than I do.

[ This Message was edited by: Buckdog 2008-10-13 18:27 ]

View Profile of Buckdog Send a personal message to Buckdog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
coruscate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-13 7:05 pm   Permalink

This post was humbly retracted.

I worried that it will inadvertently mis-inform others too.

Tiki-Dog food is a quality product with exceptional business practices and novel marketing.

[ This Message was edited by: coruscate 2008-12-03 16:16 ]

View Profile of coruscate Send a personal message to coruscate      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KuKu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-13 7:30 pm   Permalink

Gee coruscate, ya know this stuff is probably like most pet foods in general so it's probably just ground guts, rendered bones, eyes for flavor and the scales for texture so at least nothing goes to waste from human consumption and hey, how else is a dog to get it's omega 3 oils...?!?

View Profile of KuKu Send a personal message to KuKu  Email KuKu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-13 7:45 pm   Permalink

The description on the can sure makes it sound tasty!

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-10-13 7:46 pm   Permalink

theres Tiki Dog and Tiki Cat, food and toys.. i think the packaging is cute. PetEdge catalog used to sell the toys deeply discounted, but i dont see them offered anymore.

and for you, here's some info about the
food itself:

Tiki Cat is made from Premium Wild Caught Seafood

Tiki Cat MEETS DOLPHIN SAFE CERTIFICATION (IATTC)

Tiki Cat is registered with the International Dolphin Conservation Program (IATTC), which sends a conservationist inspector onto the fishing vessels in order to ensure appropriate procedures are met to maintain this IATTC status.

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tekoteko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-13 8:07 pm   Permalink

I saw the can and thought...OMG what happened to Trader Pup!

Also, I believe Ahi tuna is fully fished, not overfished.
Yellowfin Tuna listed as a good choice here.

Tiger Prawn is a bad choice, but not every fish that comes out of the sea is wasted or a damage to the environment.

[ This Message was edited by: tekoteko 2008-10-13 20:10 ]

View Profile of tekoteko Send a personal message to tekoteko  Email tekoteko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-13 11:18 pm   Permalink

Looks like a SHAG ripoff.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ravenne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-13 11:23 pm   Permalink

EDIT: WOW! the other posts before Unga didn't even show up in my inbox- so I was confused.
Now I get it!

"It's like a Koala crapped a rainbow in my brain!"

[ This Message was edited by: ravenne 2008-10-14 00:35 ]

View Profile of ravenne Send a personal message to ravenne      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-14 02:19 am   Permalink

I am a dog lover. (Currently, w/o one.)

As a marketer, I can surmise the there are so many dog and cat products on the shelves, that the need to be different, particularly when you can't outspend the national brands, is great. So... you come up with Tiki Dog and Tiki Cat.

I notice my favorite grocery store continues to expand the pet food isle. There's a whole lotta money being spent on pets, even when the economy is shaky.

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-14 08:58 am   Permalink

Tiki Dog costs more than a gallon of gas.

My dogs wont be getting Tiki Dog. There are enough high end brands that cost half as much. Evanger's, Wellness, Innova & Merrick to name a few.

I did buy three small cans for the tiki factor though! North Shore, Lomi Lomi and Pipeline.

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
naugatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-14 09:27 am   Permalink

I always thought rumaki would make a nice tiki dog food substitute and while I don't have a dog I'll pick up a few cans and put them on the shelf by the Shasta Tiki Punch.

View Profile of naugatiki Send a personal message to naugatiki  Email naugatiki Goto the website of naugatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-10-14 11:57 am   Permalink

I buy WalMart's "Old Roy" and tell her it's expensive "Tiki Dog" - SHE CAN'T READ!!!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
coruscate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-14 8:12 pm   Permalink

I love my dog, and I'm enthusiastic for people to feed them well and support somone making a go at it.

I'm also a big fish eater (and little ones too).

Polynesian Culture and the marine environment go hand in hand.
Polynesian Pop restaurants and bars often serve fish as part of that theme.
Products that take on Tiki and Polynesian themes to use ocean products acquired in sustainable ways are a good idea and reinforce the foundations behind high quality Polynesian and Polynesian Pop lifestyles.

This rest of this post was humbly retracted.

I worried that it will inadvertently mis-inform others too.

Tiki-Dog food is a quality product with exceptional business practices and novel marketing.

[ This Message was edited by: coruscate 2008-12-03 16:20 ]

[ This Message was edited by: coruscate 2008-12-03 16:25 ]

View Profile of coruscate Send a personal message to coruscate      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-14 8:43 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
coruscate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-15 5:53 pm   Permalink

This comment was retracted, it was off topic

[ This Message was edited by: coruscate 2008-12-03 16:24 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation