FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events UPDATED WITH PHOTOS Nov 16th The Hula Girls, Amber Foxx & Duck & Cover @ The Redwood Bar
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
UPDATED WITH PHOTOS Nov 16th The Hula Girls, Amber Foxx & Duck & Cover @ The Redwood Bar
Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-13 1:42 pm   Permalink

I am a for shure now and bringing 3 of my peeps, too. Yippie Skippy! Great tunes, food, booze ~ who could ask for more? Just a question, if you please~ is it a sitting and listening kind of place, or an up on your feet dancing kind of place?

View Profile of Kiki von Tiki Send a personal message to Kiki von Tiki  Email Kiki von Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-13 9:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-11-13 13:42, Kiki von Tiki wrote:
I am a for shure now and bringing 3 of my peeps, too. Yippie Skippy! Great tunes, food, booze ~ who could ask for more? Just a question, if you please~ is it a sitting and listening kind of place, or an up on your feet dancing kind of place?

either, or.

if you wanna sit get there early to get a good seat.
if you wanna dance, bring yer comfy dancin shoes.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-a-fair
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-14 09:33 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-11-13 13:42, Kiki von Tiki wrote:

Both, which ever you please, you can boogie to the beat or sip drinks to some mighty fine tunes, but best of all it's FREE to get in. Hope to see you there!

[ This Message was edited by: tiki-a-fair 2008-11-14 09:34 ]

View Profile of tiki-a-fair Send a personal message to tiki-a-fair      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-14 12:19 pm   Permalink

The Hula girls will be unveiling even more new songs! We have been very busy lately creating and crafting our sound.

Plus, we have more merchandise for those of you who are into collecting Tiki stuff. Lucky's Designs are outta this world! We got buttons, shirts, and stickers!

These items are only available at our performances.

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congawa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-14 3:41 pm   Permalink

I'm going to be in the neighborhood (Lincoln Heights) for band practice earlier that day, so I'm going to try to swing by afterward and catch the Hula Girls (et al).

View Profile of congawa Send a personal message to congawa  Goto the website of congawa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-15 3:02 pm   Permalink

what time are each band playing at?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-11-15 4:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-11-15 15:02, bigtikidude wrote:
what time are each band playing at?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Good ? BTD. What time does this start???

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-a-fair
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-15 6:15 pm   Permalink

It's starts at noon with the dj
Justin Curtis 12:30
Hula girls go on at 1:45
Duck & Cover 3:00
Amber Foxx 4:30

Hope to see you all there!

View Profile of tiki-a-fair Send a personal message to tiki-a-fair      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-15 7:49 pm   Permalink

Im there

kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-15 8:37 pm   Permalink

im in too..see ya there..
kirby

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-11-16 6:54 pm   Permalink

WoooHooo! THe Hula Girls Rock The Redwood Bar

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-17 08:12 am   Permalink

Man, that was fun! Nice to see some TC people there!

The other bands were insanely good. "Duck and Cover", the Danish band, were outstanding!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-17 09:20 am   Permalink

Duck and Cover:

Wow!

Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-17 09:40 am   Permalink

That was one hell of a time. I didn't know what I was missing by not going to the Sunday brunches before this one! What a scene. ...and Jesse Dayton and the Railbenders played the week before us.... Damn!

Anyway, Tiki-A-fair and Hillbilly Jeff throw one hell of a party. They have every right to post their events here on Tiki Central. Everyone should be going to these shows. They were great hosts to our band, and I couldn't believe the crowd that they managed to get to show up on a Sunday in downtown LA.

By the way, the Redwood Room, alone, is a great reason to go to their brunch. Some of the best in vintage nautical decor, hidden away on a non-descript street in LA. A really cool place. Every painting in there is either of a shipwreck, a mermaid, or a big storm at sea. Awesome...

Thanks again to everyone who came out to see us, and to Jeff and Cher for hooking us up with the show.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-17 11:35 am   Permalink

Hey guys! Wow, what a great time! Loved your music, loved all of it. Nice bar, good food, fab cocktails. Nobody dances? Well, I always will even if it's in the aisles! All good. What a great way to spend Sunday. Lucas, it was great to meet you, and nice to see Soccer Tiki - good luck with the car, that was a real crappy thing to have happen to you. I looked for you guys before we left and you were gone, so I assumed you found a ride home. Hope to meet more of you next time! XO, Kiki v.

View Profile of Kiki von Tiki Send a personal message to Kiki von Tiki  Email Kiki von Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation